Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

james66 wrote: »
    Massively important tip when you order on thursday when you get that 15 minute waiting window don't close it, it can take up to an hour to get tickets.. Alot of people got first tickets by ordering at 8:55.

Also don't pick a section of the stadium, which is what i did. Thinking my old football favourite Lower Hogan would be the place to be. After an hour a window came up telling me there were no tickets left for this section, try again. luckily I had a couple other guys logged in with Best Available and got Sunday standings.
    From my experience do not have two windows open as one or both will be shut. Pick best available. Also if possible have a couple other people trying, they don't need to use TS log ins, you can just log in with your own details when they get through- good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I can't see how people are managing queuing already. Do people have commitments? Clearly none. This past week, I wonder why I even get up to get my ass out the door to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Ah come on, not again.

Yep. I was down there to buy Christy Moore tickets for his show in May and the lady at the desk said they are all set up same as last week expecting a decent Q to be formed by tonight or early tomorrow. Looking like another sell out. And still people that have tickets complain. I will never understand some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Best of luck to everyone trying to get tickets on Thursday. I hope everyone who didn't get tickets the last time, gets them this time :)

God, I hope the ticket limit will be dropped from 6 to 4 or 2.

• Advertisement

This is exactly why there'll be hundreds of tickets available for the shows when they come around in July. Plenty of people got an excess of tickets 'just in case' or hoping to sell them on. I'd bet my house on it that there'll be loads of tickets available come July. If 3 friends are all online looking for the same tickets for each other and they all get lucky they suddenly have 18 tickets or so.

Another prime example of this is the One Direction concerts. Remember when they went on sale and the few weeks afterwards? Pandemonium and panic. How many people are looking for them now?

If people are patient plenty of tickets will surface in the end. Happens for almost every big stadium gig.

I also read online that for concerts the full amount of tickets are not released on sale day. A certain percentage gets held back and released later down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

I also read online that the full amount of tickets are not released on sale day. A certain percentage gets held back and released later down the line.

A decent number of 'Production' tickets are always held back. These would be tickets for the Promoter, Artist and their entourage, Guest list tickets, Radio Staions/Competitions etc as well as 'safety' tickets to ensure that people that may have an obstructed view can be accommodated elsewhere.
    A stadium plan of the concert set-up is usually fairly accurate but quite often it's not until the set actually starts going up that you can see where ticket problems might arise so some tickets are usually held to allow for these contingencies as well.
    Closer to the date, once the Production ticket demand is sorted the surplus are usually released for general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

viv2 wrote: »
    Hardluckwoman I wish you would stop saying that you got crap seats. People like me are grateful to have gotten anything in the stadium never mind in the davin section which imo isnt that bad.

i nearly wrote the same thing this morning. but decided it wasn't worth it, i've said it 3 times already :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

That's what I picked up on to with his radio and tv3 interview. He was surprised that a third went on sale and sold out.
    A 4th gig were of the cards but what changed his mind was his youngest daughter, whose birthday is that weekend on the 28th, decided that she would like to spend her birthday in Ireland.

Thanks for the well wishes. I need a miracle to happen Thursday morning. I'm up against vultures.

You'd be surprised. I somehow got a ticket for Noel Gallagher's first ever solo show in the Olympia. It sold out in something ridiculous like 20 seconds. I used the Ticketmaster website and all went very smoothly. I had logged in ahead of time and I think my card details were already saved so I didn't have too much to type during the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Which are the best tickets to get? Pitch standing tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

How were people ordering at 8.55. When tickets were on sale at 9 ?

They were obviously on sale before 9.

I think thats where I missed out and got crap seats. I was on at 9am.

Tickets went on sale at 9.00 am if they were on sale before that don't you think the ticketmaster outlets would of started to serve those in the queues.

I've lost count of he many times you have complained about your tickets. You should be happy you have tickets at all, I queued out for 25 hours and have tickets a few sections away from you and you will never hear me complaining just releaved to have tickets

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

just got a punch in the back of the head from my godmother for saying i wasnt bothering to get up at 9 to get her tickets lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

max life wrote: »
    Which are the best tickets to get? Pitch standing tickets?

Totally depends on each person. If you get standing you will be on your feet all day. You will always get somebody wanting to stand in front of you.
    The upper seats can be very very high. I did have seats in the very last row for the fri night but gave them up.
    Davin although right at the back of the pitch will have full view of the stage and big screens. Now im not sure sound wise what area is the best. Sometimes the sound can echo in certain areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

You'd be surprised. I somehow got a ticket for Noel Gallagher's first ever solo show in the Olympia. It sold out in something ridiculous like 20 seconds. I used the Ticketmaster website and all went very smoothly. I had logged in ahead of time and I think my card details were already saved so I didn't have too much to type during the purchase.

yes I second checking your card details. I also rang Visa the day before to make sure I had the right details for that 3D verify yoke that never seems to work for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

yes I second checking your card details. I also rang Visa the day before to make sure I had the right details for that 3D verify yoke that never seems to work for me

Yep, defo make sure the 3D verification thing is working if you have that on your card, or if you have some other verification thing. The amount of times I've heard of people saying they couldn't get tickets for things as they hadn't set it up or forgot the password or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DesertMoon

God, I hope the ticket limit will be dropped from 6 to 4 or 2.

Me too - I tweeted Ticketmaster's customer service today suggesting this, and the reply I got back was that it's out of their hands and that's up to the promoter which is Aitkin I think?

Maybe if we bombard with calls they might see sense???

Worth a try?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

DesertMoon wrote: »
    Me too - I tweeted Ticketmaster's customer service today suggesting this, and the reply I got back was that it's out of their hands and that's up to the promoter which is Aitkin I think?

The promoter is Aiken.

Why would they drop the limit. Their business is selling tickets. They do a fantastic job of selling tickets as we have seen 3 gigs already sold out. Why would they drop the limit when they are doing such a good job.

If you want to blame someone, blame the idiots who pay way over the odds for tickets. These people are the reason there is a touting market, not Aiken, not Ticketmaster, not touts but the stupid customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,390 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i imagine the setlist will stay the same in Dublin from night 1 to night 4 so what is everyones guess at what songs will be on the list.

I think he will mostly likly do the hits such as Friends in low places, If tomorrow never comes, Unaswered prayers, We shall be free, The Fever and will probly do a duet with his wife.

He might do the Dance too but he didnt do that at his last dublin show

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭robbie1

Just wondering how many people who have tickets for garth brooks already some prob all 3 nights are going to try for Monday's show ,maybe this was part of the problem the first time buying tickets for all the shows I know some one who got 6 for each show bit much I think

do people think their will be a demand for these tickets that go one sale Thursday?? will their be a demand like the previous 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

A V A wrote: »
    do people think their will be a demand for these tickets ?

:rolleyes:

DesertMoon wrote: »

I emailed Aiken promotions last week requiring about a golden circle. I'll root out their email address and put it up if you want.

IMO, touts aren't the only issue. People buying multiples of tickets. One user here last week, you'd swear with the amount of tickets she/he and her/his group wanted, they were buying for entire village. Others buying multiples as a 'just in case'.

I felt very sorry for someone who posted here last week. She/he went to see Garth Brooks in vegas. He rolls around to Dublin and he/she couldn't get two tickets to any of his three gigs.

It seems to me that many who were looking for a small amount of tickets were unsuccessful and those looking for the maximum succeeded. I know one guy and in his office, there were three of his colleagues online at 9 trying for tickets and all they were looking for were two each for either night. They failed and by 11, they were in tears in the office.

robbie1 wrote: »
    Just wondering how many people who have tickets for garth brooks already some prob all 3 nights are going to try for Monday's show ,maybe this was part of the problem the first time buying tickets for all the shows I know some one who got 6 for each show bit much I think

I think this was a problem. Coming up to the sale of the first two concerts, I persumed the limit was 6 over the two nights. I was so wrong.

@DesertMoon

This is the contact page for aiken promotions:

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/contact-aiken-promotions.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Pointless contacting Aiken asking them to reduce the amount available per person, it's already set up, around 12hrs to sale time, no chance in hell they'll change it

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

scudzilla wrote: »
    Pointless contacting Aiken asking them to reduce the amount available per person, it's already set up, around 12hrs to sale time, no chance in hell they'll change it

36 hrs to sale time,its only tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

If I can go for the whole four shows, I would.

Five, six, whatever he plays i'll go.

I love his music, have all 18 cds, dvds. Of all his songs, there's one I dont like, Dixie Chicken, I think its on The Chase album. But the rest, I love them all. Im a massive fan.

All the albums I have of his bar one (the live one) are on cassette - cos I'm hard core :cool:

scudzilla wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

I'll remember your ignorance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Will there be massive queues again for this gig.

Would it be time enough to stroll up at 8.30am

• Advertisement

Will there be massive queues again for this gig.

Would it be time enough to stroll up at 8.30am

God, I haven't a clue. The weather is vicious and poisonious out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement