Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

Will there be massive queues again for this gig.

Would it be time enough to stroll up at 8.30am

All depends were you plan to queue. Know up here there is word of people trying to que earlier and being moved on and know of a good few people starting to que from early tomorrow morning. Just my own opinion but if you aren't in 1st 30/40 in que in Letterkenny be no point queuing. Other parts of the country it's easier to get tickets when queuing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

robbie1 wrote: »
    Just wondering how many people who have tickets for garth brooks already some prob all 3 nights are going to try for Monday's show ,maybe this was part of the problem the first time buying tickets for all the shows I know some one who got 6 for each show bit much I think

I am going to the four shows, 3 guaranteed and hopefully the Monday will happen. But I only apply for 2 each show and that's it. Friend on the phone, and whichever of us get sorted first the other stops. I'm fully convinced that, it's this stock piling, and just in case purchasers that are ruining it for everyone.

I have waited for years for this and I'm going to integrate the whole thing with my summer holidays. Although stupidly just looked up hotels there, ranging from 3 nights, no rice krispies @€;600 to €1100....

Incidentally can anyone tell me, would Wellington Quay be far away from Cpark? Thanks and gluck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Queues are already forming. I saw the one in INEC Killarney today. The hotel are kindly allowing people inside the venue to Q. And someone posted a link a couple pages back with a news story about early queues already.

I suppose it all depends how busy your local ticketmaster is on whether you can head down on Thursday morning or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Incidentally can anyone tell me, would Wellington Quay be far away from Cpark? Thanks and gluck to all

normally i'd say it's a 20 minute walk, maybe 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I am going to the four shows, 3 guaranteed and hopefully the Monday will happen. But I only apply for 2 each show and that's it. Friend on the phone, and whichever of us get sorted first the other stops. I'm fully convinced that, it's this stock piling, and just in case purchasers that are ruining it for everyone.

I have waited for years for this and I'm going to integrate the whole thing with my summer holidays. Although stupidly just looked up hotels there, ranging from 3 nights, no rice krispies @€;600 to €1100....

2 tickets per night is reasonable.

There's so many buy for their grandparents cats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I thought people were bullshitting about the hotel prices, just checked the travelodge up in Swords and they're charging 209/219 for the fri/sat night!!!

Just amazed at how they can charge that for what you get

I'm just after firing off an email to aiken promotions to request a ticket drop for Thursday morning sales.

My sisters tickets came today from the ebay seller. One ticket for me.

The tickets are the real thing as far as I can see. The promotional information is on the back. The terms and conditions. On the front, the details are good. Sunday night tickets bought at 10.02 am. The ticketmaster halogram.

Unfortunately, I have a worry that my sister told me about. The seller had a photo of the tickets up on ebay with the barcode showing. All it would take is for anyone to copy that barcode onto an e-ticket and then it's whoever gets scanned in first. Seller or anyone else. :( Tickets and photo were removed as soon as they were sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Booked my hotel early, just checked prices now. Its five times the prices now!

Just got a txt from a friend in Letterkenny. And the madness has begun again 1st 2 people started to que just after 6 o'clock tonight. Good luck to anyone still trying to get tickets have feeling Thursday is going to be the harder than last week for them

• Advertisement

Ringerbell wrote: »
    Just got a txt from a friend in Letterkenny. And the madness has begun again 1st 2 people started to que just after 6 o'clock tonight. Good luck to anyone still trying to get tickets have feeling Thursday is going to be the harder than last week for them

:((

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

I really don't think so... When you think about it, the average fan is not going more than one night, so any of them that are sorted are now eliminated from the search...

I think sell out yes, pressure no.....

Could be way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I would think with the weather and a good few people already catered for that hopefully everyone will get tickets for the Monday night. It will sell out but I hope for those waiting on tickets it won't be the chaos of the last week. I've my own for Friday night and that's me done, unless I pick one up for the Sunday cos I've friends going up and down on that date, couldn't afford more accommodation. Best of luck to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ciaramc wrote: »
    Booked my hotel early, just checked prices now. Its five times the prices now!

the places i booked are all sold out. i had to book a different hotels for saturday-monday night. :o but there all under a 100e :D

I really don't think so... When you think about it, the average fan is not going more than one night, so any of them that are sorted are now eliminated from the search...

I think sell out yes, pressure no.....

Could be way off.
    I'm only thinking along the lines of how many people were disappointed last week. Like limerick got the published for the numbers who ques and were disappointed but this happened in a number of other places. Add in the people who didn't get anything online I'd guess every 1 in 4/5 got lucky online. That's a lot of people still trying to get tickets. I honestly see this 1 selling out in matter of minutes remember last week people had option of 2 dates and then the 3rd date was added and there was still a lot of disappointed people. This time round there is 82000 tickets and that's it

I'm only thinking along the lines of how many people were disappointed last week. Like limerick got the published for the numbers who ques and were disappointed but this happened in a number of other places. Add in the people who didn't get anything online I'd guess every 1 in 4/5 got lucky online. That's a lot of people still trying to get tickets. I honestly see this 1 selling out in matter of minutes remember last week people had option of 2 dates and then the 3rd date was added and there was still a lot of disappointed people. This time round there is 82000 tickets and that's it

That's it.

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    the places i booked are all sold out. i had to book a different hotels for saturday-monday night. :o but there all under a 100e :D

I had hotels sorted for Friday and Saturday night clean forgot to book for Sunday. Lucky enough I got a b&b for Sunday night on booking.com for 210 for the 6 of us. I actually rang the woman up to make sure it was the correct price couldn't believe the didn't put her prices up

I had hotels sorted for Friday and Saturday night clean forgot to book for Sunday. Lucky enough I got a b&b for Sunday night on booking.com for 210 for the 6 of us. I actually rang the woman up to make sure it was the correct price couldn't believe the didn't put her prices up

what? did she forget to put up her prices?

what? did she forget to put up her prices?

No she said she didn't put them up as she said people might come stay again if they seen her being genuine and not sticking the hand in like most other places

That's it.

Well that's it for the time being at least last week if they didn't get Friday night they had the fall back with Saturday and vice versa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Thank god there's a 4th date. The mammy said nothing about wanting to go until the Friday, and since daddys a complete technophobe its up to me to try and get some tickets

hope this event doesn't sell out, that the demand isnt really met and leave all the fcukin touts with tickets for this

No she said she didn't put them up as she said people might come stay again if they seen her being genuine and not sticking the hand in like most other places

awwww that's sweet :)

Thank god there's a 4th date. The mammy said nothing about wanting to go until the Friday, and since daddys a complete technophobe its up to me to try and get some tickets

hope this event doesn't sell out, that the demand isnt really met and leave all the fcukin touts with tickets for this

This will sell out with many using multiple buying avenues, armies in queues and at home online, buying extras as a just in case.

awwww that's sweet :)

Was bloody great as if she wasnt at that price we were facing the 4 hour drive home to Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sovereign121

Would you all STF up about ticket touts. Jesus the man sold 240k tickets to his show, out of that I'd say at most 100 touts got their hands on tickets. You didn't get tickets the first time around? tough sh*t. Try again thursday and if you don't get your hands on 1 or 2 of those then it must be the tens of thousands of touts out there :/ I managed to get my hands on 2 tickets to the friday gig by 9:06am the morning they went on sale, it was just pot luck. Get in there early and try for them.

Was bloody great as if she wasnt at that price we were facing the 4 hour drive home to Donegal

ouch :( you wouldn't be home until 2 or 3am. nah, not worth it.

after the floods of last night, who in cork city is queuing up for tickets tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Tickets up on seatwave already. How are people so confident they would get tickets to such a section before they go on sale. They dont even have the tickets yet!

Is there a secret trick we're missing out here?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I'm just curious, why do people feel the need to go to the concert multiple nights? I can't speak for Garth Brooks, but nearly every other music performer simply repeats the show with very few, if any, changes. Why go to the same concert 2-4 times in the space of a few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Would you all STF up about ticket touts. Jesus the man sold 240k tickets to his show, out of that I'd say at most 100 touts got their hands on tickets.

Touts certainly aren't the only reason people didn't get tickets. He'd have sold out even if everyone buying was buying for themselves. However if your number of 100 touts is correct and they all got the maximum amount of tickets thats 6000 out of circulation which isn't insignificant (its about 5 sold out Olympia shows).

While the amount of actual full time professional touts is probably pretty low what there is a lot of is regular joes who will add an extra ticket or two to their legitimate orders with the thought at worst they'll get the money back or potentially resell at enough to cover the other tickets.

It is really hard to tell the numbers of this at the moment but if closer to the gig we see a bit of a panic with lots of people suddenly with too many tickets I'd say this will have been the cause. I'd be very surprised if people won't be able to pick up face value tickets outside Croker on the day.
    Is there a secret trick we're missing out here?

They just put up anything right now to get a listing in Google. This way when people search for tickets that site shows up in the results. Similarly you're effectively advertising for them here by giving people the names of sites that are touting tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Toast wrote: »
    Touts certainly aren't the only reason people didn't get tickets. He'd have sold out even if everyone buying was buying for themselves. However if your number of 100 touts is correct and they all got the maximum amount of tickets thats 6000 out of circulation which isn't insignificant (its about 5 sold out Olympia shows).

100 X 6 = 600. Not 6000

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement