Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm just curious, why do people feel the need to go to the concert multiple nights? I can't speak for Garth Brooks, but nearly every other music performer simply repeats the show with very few, if any, changes. Why go to the same concert 2-4 times in the space of a few days?
    I saw him twice back to back in January 2008 and the setlist was 17 of the same songs (mixed up the order both nights), then two that he changed. He did do a bit in the middle that he did some covers of songs he liked growing up and they were 5 different songs each night alright.

I'm unsure if I'll do two nights this time. Have Saturday night tickets currently. I have no doubts that closer to the date there'll be chances to buy other night tickets.

Songs in common both nights were:
    • Callin' Baton Rouge
    • Rodeo
    • Two of a Kind, Workin' on a Full House
    • The Beaches of Cheyenne
    • Two Piña Coladas
    • The Thunder Rolls
    • We Shall Be Free
    • Unanswered Prayers
    • That Summer
    • Papa Loved Mama
    • More Than a Memory
    • The River
    • Much Too Young
    • In Another's Eyes
    • Walkaway Joe
    • Friends in Low Places
    • The Dance
    • Ain't Goin' Down ('til the Sun Comes Up)
    First night he played:
    • Workin for a Livin
    • The Fever
    Second night he played:
    • Shameless
    • Walkaway Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

100 X 6 = 600. Not 6000

Caffeine hadn't quite kicked in. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Ringerbell wrote: »
    No she said she didn't put them up as she said people might come stay again if they seen her being genuine and not sticking the hand in like most other places
    Good for her. Wish more places were like that.

I had been thinking I'd try to get tickets for the Saturday closer to the date from toutless but just found out I've a wedding to go to in June so my extra flight money will be all gone by July. Would love to go to the concert but wouldn't miss this wedding for the world - just no competition at all. :)

Good luck to everyone trying to get tickets tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I didn't get an email back from Aikens yet. I'm off to check off their twitter to see if there is any information there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

even flooding can't hold us back, there are people queuing up outside Merchant's quay in cork city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

My bold prediction: If demand is so great on Thursday that there are still a lot of people in Limerick not sorted, he could do a show in Limerick.

Does anybody think he could sell out 2 nights there, at the smaller stadium where Aiken has a contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

My bold prediction: If demand is so great on Thursday that there are still a lot of people in Limerick not sorted, he could do a show in Limerick.

Does anybody think he could sell out 2 nights there, at the smaller stadium where Aiken has a contract?

Garth Brooks can sell out anywhere he plays.

Anything can happen. There have been alot of rumours. From doing a stadium tour this summer, all over the country.

Then 5 days in reserve for Croke Park, but working backwards, as in Saturday could be the 4th or 5th show and thats not happening, they seem to be going forward here.

Anything can happen and no one knows.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Think he would be better waiting till next summer to do a Springsteen type Irish tour

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

I got tickets last week, bought them online. The confirmation email was in my inbox at 9.09am. Three seated tickets for the Cusack stand for the Friday night. I was so delighted to get any tickets, I didn't care where they were. When the option came up on the screen there was no way I would have contemplated searching again or anything.

I don't think there's such a thing as a bad seat when it comes to a concert with popularity like this; there are still plenty of people searching and hoping for tickets, I'm just glad that I will be able to be there in person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    even flooding can't hold us back, there are people queuing up outside Merchant's quay in cork city

I was saying this morning that didn't think any of yos cork ones would be queuing after the floods. Should build a ticketmaster in the northside of the city up the hills :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

When getting tickets on the release day I had 4 secured using the iPad, entered in all details and got an error on the screen. Still managed to secure 2 using my MacBook and the bank called today to say they noticed suspicious activity on account. They noticed 2 transactions to Ticketmaster and turns out the purchase of 4 that failed actually went through. Called Ticketmaster and they confirmed there is an issue with the app on the iPad and my tickets were reserved.

Ended up keeping the 4 and selling for face value as I didn't want anyone to tout them out.

I was saying this morning that didn't think any of yos cork ones would be queuing after the floods. Should build a ticketmaster in the northside of the city up the hills :D

think it's a great idea. :D

think it's a great idea. :D

It would be a great idea could queue up there as the city flooded. If garth plays cork for his world tour il definitely be going to it give me a reason to visit cork again :)

It would be a great idea could queue up there as the city flooded. If garth plays cork for his world tour il definitely be going to it give me a reason to visit cork again :)

there are other reasons to visit the city. we have a sense of humour :P

there are other reasons to visit the city. we have a sense of humour :P

Aw I know to well yous do. Cork was my 2nd home for a while so would defiantly go to garth down there. Wonder will the new stadium be ready before he returns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

There were 3 people queuing outside Centra in Waterford in the rain this evening.

I think they were queuing anyway, they may just have been homeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

52 in the Q in Killarney. They are allowed to Q inside though so it's kind of cheating

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

There were 3 people queuing outside Centra in Waterford in the rain this evening.

I think they were queuing anyway, they may just have been homeless.

There's an idea, just get a homeless person to queue for ya, give them a score, happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Would you all STF up about ticket touts. Jesus the man sold 240k tickets to his show, out of that I'd say at most 100 touts got their hands on tickets.
    Either you are taking the piss or have a totally different idea of what touting is to me. What is your definition?

If you mean the same old school touts outside gigs for decades then I would say its far less than 100, as they typically just buy on the night, they just act as middlemen like a stockbroker.

Google has it defined as
    noun
    BRIT.
    a person who buys up tickets for an event to resell them at a profit.
    synonyms: ticket tout, illegal salesman;

So if you bought 6 knowing you did not need that many and end up selling even 1 for a profit you are touting. Loads would have bought to sell on ebay, there are loads of professionals doing it there, their user names usually have ticket related names.

rubadub wrote: »
    ebay have a buy it now option. So a genuine person stuck with tickets who did not want to profit from them could sell for face value as a buy it now, with enough to cover ebay fees & postage. If they are doing a normal auction they know full well they will get a lot more and someone is paying over the odds, their hands are certainly not tied.

I imagine loads of people did get too many, 2 people might have been trying on different computers and only found out after that both were successful. People will pull out. People will have bought 6 thinking someone they know might be looking for one later on.

I do not believe for 1 second that someone not looking to profit is putting them on ebay a day later using a regular auction. Sure the gig is ages away, they have plenty of time and will certainly hear of a friend/family/colleague/neighbour looking for one between now and then. Why sell to a stranger at face value if you can sell to a friend/acquaintance who will greatly appreciate it.

If you want to make money just admit it, you're not exactly hitler, but you're insulting peoples intelligence if you're trying to make out that you made a huge profit "by accident" or had no say in the matter.

Just looking on ebay.ie alone (which does not get everything) shows 133 hits for just "garth brooks dublin", many of them multiple tickets.

dobman88 wrote: »
    52 in the Q in Killarney. They are allowed to Q inside though so it's kind of cheating
    That's not proper queuing :P don't know how any are queuing in Letterkenny bu they started last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Carrolls gift shop at o'connell bridge in Dublin is a ticketmaster outlet. No queue outside!!!

That's not proper queuing :P don't know how any are queuing in Letterkenny bu they started last night.

I know. Thats what I said when I was talking to my friend out there. Hotel is providing tea coffee and sandwiches and they have the bar open too. And they gave them tickets with their name and number in the Q on them so you dont have to sit in the one spot all the time. Also providing fold up beds from the hotel so people can get some sleep. A fairly good system that worked perfectly last week.

dobman88 wrote: »
    I know. Thats what I said when I was talking to my friend out there. Hotel is providing tea coffee and sandwiches and they have the bar open too. And they gave them tickets with their name and number in the Q on them so you dont have to sit in the one spot all the time. Also providing fold up beds from the hotel so people can get some sleep. A fairly good system that worked perfectly last week.

The ticket number is a great idea. We didn't have it last week and know there was people who skipped the que but ould not prove it. As or the rest they were only a fairy tale for us last week was outside in -3 degrees

The ticket number is a great idea. We didn't have it last week and know there was people who skipped the que but ould not prove it. As or the rest they were only a fairy tale for us last week was outside in -3 degrees

We had a problem with Q jumpers in the same venue for a gig last year. It wasn't a sell out gig but thats not the point. Thats when they came up with the idea of just giving people a number. And yes, I always said we were spoilt down here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Well none of your predictions have been true so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

my nanny lives cannel end of croker , she doesnt care so much about this cause she can sit out the back and listen to the concert perfectly :) ill be doing the same, providing i dont get tickets tomorrow morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Hi All,

My brother has tickets for Row N in Cusack and Row T in Hogan..... Does anyone know where these are. Can't see anything on the map......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Hi All,

My brother has tickets for Row N in Cusack and Row T in Hogan..... Does anyone know where these are. Can't see anything on the map......

There should be a tier/section too.

Both tiers start at A at the front and go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Best of luck again tomorrow to those who will be trying for tickets.
    I can't take much more of this :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

Apologies if this has been answered already but is there any issue if i'm logged into my ticketmaster account on both my laptop and on the app?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement