Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

shoppergal wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been answered already but is there any issue if i'm logged into my ticketmaster account on both my laptop and on the app?

nope apart from the waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I saw him twice back to back in January 2008 and the setlist was 17 of the same songs (mixed up the order both nights), then two that he changed. He did do a bit in the middle that he did some covers of songs he liked growing up and they were 5 different songs each night alright.

I'm unsure if I'll do two nights this time. Have Saturday night tickets currently. I have no doubts that closer to the date there'll be chances to buy other night tickets.

Songs in common both nights were:
    • Callin' Baton Rouge
    • Rodeo
    • Two of a Kind, Workin' on a Full House
    • The Beaches of Cheyenne
    • Two Piña Coladas
    • The Thunder Rolls
    • We Shall Be Free
    • Unanswered Prayers
    • That Summer
    • Papa Loved Mama
    • More Than a Memory
    • The River
    • Much Too Young
    • In Another's Eyes
    • Walkaway Joe
    • Friends in Low Places
    • The Dance
    • Ain't Goin' Down ('til the Sun Comes Up)
    First night he played:
    • Workin for a Livin
    • The Fever
    Second night he played:
    • Shameless
    • Walkaway Joe

add in Standing Outside the Fire and I couldn't be happier with either setlist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

irishgeo wrote: »
    nope apart from the waiting.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

My two favourite songs are Rodeo and The Red Strokes - any hope of either ye think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Regarding Set List I'd say he'll work off The Double Live Album...

Disc one[edit]
    "Callin' Baton Rouge" (Dennis Linde) – 2:58

"Two of a Kind, Workin' on a Full House" (Warren Haynes, Dennis Robbins, Bobby Boyd) – 2:44

"Shameless" (Billy Joel) – 3:55

"Papa Loved Mama" (Kim Williams, Garth Brooks) – 2:51

"The Thunder Rolls (The Long Version)" (Pat Alger, Brooks) – 4:48

"We Shall Be Free" (Stephanie Davis, Brooks) – 4:43

"Unanswered Prayers" (Alger, Larry Bastian, Brooks) – 3:41

"Standing Outside the Fire" (Jenny Yates, Brooks) – 3:43

"Longneck Bottle" (Rick Carnes, Steve Wariner) – 2:42
    feat. Steve Wariner

"It's Your Song" (Pam Wolfe, Benita Hill) – 4:18

"Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old)" (Randy Taylor, Brooks) – 3:12

"The River" (Victoria Shaw, Brooks) – 3:48

"Tearin' It Up (And Burnin' It Down)" (Kent Blazy, Williams, Brooks) – 3:56

1Track 13 is six seconds of crowd noise, added to make the final track on this disc #14.
    Disc two[edit]

"Ain't Goin' Down ('Til the Sun Comes Up)" (Williams, Blazy, Brooks) – 4:45

"Rodeo" (Bastian) – 3:44

"The Beaches of Cheyenne" (Dan Roberts, Bryan Kennedy, Brooks) – 3:51

"Two Piña Coladas" (Shawn Camp, Hill, Sandy Mason) – 4:38

"Wild as the Wind" (Pete Wasner, Charles John Quarto) – 4:13
    feat. Trisha Yearwood

"To Make You Feel My Love" (Bob Dylan) – 3:17

"That Summer" (Alger, Sandy Mahl, Brooks) – 4:42

"American Honky-Tonk Bar Association" (Kennedy, Jim Rushing) – 4:05

"If Tomorrow Never Comes" (Blazy, Brooks) – 3:44

"The Fever" (Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Kennedy, Roberts) – 3:40

"Friends in Low Places (The Long Version)" (Earl "Bud" Lee, DeWayne Blackwell) – 8:56

"The Dance" (Tony Arata) – 3:56

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

up at half 4 to go into town to start queuing.:p hoping my friend will get a ticket, because he loves him as much as i do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ GL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I saw him twice back to back in January 2008 and the setlist was 17 of the same songs (mixed up the order both nights), then two that he changed.

He's no Springsteen that's for sure. With all the talk on here of going to multiple shows I thought he must change the setlist considerably each night.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Just wondering about the red strokes and burning bridges.2 great songs but aren't on his hits colllection or any of the blame it on the roots dvds or cds.any chance we would here either in july?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Well I am riddled with so much nerves. :(

I hope everyone gets on well in the morning. Here's hoping it will be good news this time tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

Was just over in Letterkenny tonight. Queue is a lot smaller than last week roughly 50-60 people there. Security saying they hopeful everyone will get tickets but no guarentee. Best of luck to anyone trying tomorrow hope yous are all sorted by the time I waken from my sleepm

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

Demand will be lower also because the 4th and if there is one, 5th shows, are on weeknights. Less people want to go to a big show on a Monday or Tuesday, especially if they have to work that day and the next day.

If there ends up being 5 shows, I think it will help bring prices on the secondary market way down, and also leave anybody greedy enough to buy extras for Monday or Tuesday nights, wondering why they can't make a profit on their tickets because there are plenty for sale.

On that point, I assure you there are people who saw the demand for tickets to the first 3 shows, and are intending to buy tickets for resale on any new shows added. They don't realize that these additional tickets will create more supply, which will result in the significant profits from resale being severely impacted, especially for the Monday show, for the reasons I pointed out before.

If there ends up being 5 shows, anybody who buys tickets to resell for Monday or a 5th night on Tuesday, will be left holding the bag, as these last shows will be far less in demand.

Demand will be lower also because the 4th and if there is one, 5th shows, are on weeknights. Less people want to go to a big show on a Monday or Tuesday, especially if they have to work that day and the next day.

If there ends up being 5 shows, I think it will help bring prices on the secondary market way down, and also leave anybody greedy enough to buy extras for Monday or Tuesday nights, wondering why they can't make a profit on their tickets because there are plenty for sale.

On that point, I assure you there are people who saw the demand for tickets to the first 3 shows, and are intending to buy tickets for resale on any new shows added. They don't realize that these additional tickets will create more supply, which will result in the significant profits from resale being severely impacted, especially for the Monday show, for the reasons I pointed out before.

If there ends up being 5 shows, anybody who buys tickets to resell for Monday or a 5th night on Tuesday, will be left holding the bag, as these last shows will be far less in demand.
    I don't think there will be a 5th show. It would have to be the Tuesday night and tats mch to close to the all Ireland football 1/4 finals tat are on that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,390 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

theres a big que outside the centra ticketmaster in Waterford City.

have my tickets for the friday so wont be taking part in the sale . best of luck everyone hope you get the tickets you need

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

imagine if he did a gig in the olympia last minute sweet mother of jesus my heart

the touts would be all over that and be charging mad money

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Big queue in Cork City. Close to 150 people if not more.

Big queue in Cork City. Close to 150 people if not more.

That's a decent size crowd considering the floods. Wonder will they all get sorted with tickets how did the people who queued last week get on

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

While there may be less people trying for tickets, if there is only 1 show put onsale, I don't expect it to be much better than last week, and it sounds like there are plenty of people queuing at multiple outlets across Ireland, and I would think that people farther back in line won't get sorted before the show sells out, in under 1/2 hour I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

While there may be less people trying for tickets, if there is only 1 show put onsale, I don't expect it to be much better than last week, and it sounds like there are plenty of people queuing at multiple outlets across Ireland, and I would think that people farther back in line won't get sorted before the show sells out, in under 1/2 hour I'm guessing.

I work nights and I put up on facebook earlier that I'd be willing to try and buy tickets for someone who had to work and couldn't buy them themselves. I had 10 replies in about 15 minutes and I am still getting messages from friends asking could I try for them. I already have tickets for the Saturday so just doing a mate a favour really.

So yeah, I think the interest is definitely there and it will be a quick sell out.

on the way to getting tickets woooooooooooooo fingers crossed i get them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Im not a huge fan of Garth Brooks but I do like him and alot of his tunes. I do have one concern about these concerts.

These concerts are huge. 4 Nights in Croke Park is mega stuff. Add to this that the band have not played together in years at this level. What will the energy levels be like for these guys on night 4 ? 4 Straight nights for a younger band who have had practice would be tough Id have thought. I would imagine that they will be doing some indoor arena concerts before going to Croke Park. Most likely in the states but maybe London also.

I really hope its a success. Alot of my family and friends are going. I would go if I go a Fri or Sat ticket.

Just at Blanchardstown centre now there Is all ready 12 people in the Que. , I couldn't believe it. I thought there would be about four people

And there is two known touts I recognize from touting around blanch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

A V A wrote: »
    Just at Blanchardstown centre now there Is all ready 12 people in the Que. , I couldn't believe it. I thought there would be about four people

Almost up to 100 in Killarney, a friend is keeping us updated with constant pics on facebook. Some of them started queueing on Monday. Definitely demand for the 4th concert anyway.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Almost up to 100 in Killarney, a friend is keeping us updated with constant pics on facebook. Some of them started queueing on Monday. Definitely demand for the 4th concert anyway.

I'm somewhere down the Galway queue. There's 20 or so before me. A rough guess would be about 60 people. A nice crowd.

Its cold out. Rain is keeping away for now.

This is going to sell fast. I hope there's a fifth. Doubtful though.

And there is two known touts I recognize from touting around blanch

B@stards. I'd love to shop them to revenue and social welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Que here in cork city :-):-)

Bloody 2 ten year olds ahead of me in the Que lol..... If.they are here with the 2 older people beside them and are just there to get extra ticks I'll go fcukin nuts...... not messing

• Advertisement

Bloody 2 ten year olds ahead of me in the Que lol..... If.they are here with the 2 older people beside them and are just there to get extra ticks I'll go fcukin nuts...... not messing

Taking kids out queuing is competely irresponsible and should be a case for social services.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement