Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Skyebear07 wrote: »
    From what I can gather most of the smaller TMs are NOT getting ticket allocations for Garth Brooks. Every one I know that plans on going has organised to queue for tickets as well as queuing online. I know a group of approx ten who are setting up computers at someone's house so they can have a few queuing online, 6 more of them are getting into physical queue, they plan to communicate with each other via mobiles, there aim is to get 58 tickets! And that's not counting the group I will be queuing with which will be another 30+ tickets. It's not only that tickets are going to be in high demand for this that people need to think about. It's the fact that people want them thurs morning! Everyone wants to be guaranteed tickets so most are doing similar to above. Queuing both at TM stores as well as online. I honestly think this is going to turn into something from the 90's with massive queues outside shops. This will be any promoters dream as its totally free publicity. Every paper will have pictures of the queues as they form. There will be the few who I have heard are starting tomorrow and once media gets wind photos will be everywhere starting hysteria. Myself and at least 30 people I know will descend the second we get wind of any queue starting. This I think will be true for most people. On my Facebook the majority of conversations between people is what they need to bring for a couple of nights camping outside shops, ie wet gear, chairs, playing cards etc lol not how best to get tickets. Everyone is intending on getting tickets, no one has even mentioned they will be available on done deal etc we have decided to wait until weds before joining queue but that will be totally dependent on TM Galway. We are ready at a moments notice to abandon ship at home and head into the city. My poor hubby!!! Lol. Best of luck to everyone and fingers crossed we are all jumping for joy next thurs morning :-D
    thats my chance of getting 2 tickets gone then. Im only able to get them online and have a feeling that they will be all gone. I will be online at 9am thursday morning.

I pray to every god i get 2 tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Skyebear07

PTH2009 wrote: »
    thats my chance of getting 2 tickets gone then. Im only able to get them online and have a feeling that they will be all gone. I will be online at 9am thursday morning.

I pray to every god i get 2 tickets

I will keep my fingers and toes crossed you succeed in getting tickets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

From what I can gather most of the smaller TMs are NOT getting ticket allocations for Garth Brooks. Every one I know that plans on going has organised to queue for tickets as well as queuing online. I know a group of approx ten who are setting up computers at someone's house so they can have a few queuing online, 6 more of them are getting into physical queue, they plan to communicate with each other via mobiles, there aim is to get 58 tickets! And that's not counting the group I will be queuing with which will be another 30+ tickets. It's not only that tickets are going to be in high demand for this that people need to think about. It's the fact that people want them thurs morning! Everyone wants to be guaranteed tickets so most are doing similar to above. Queuing both at TM stores as well as online. I honestly think this is going to turn into something from the 90's with massive queues outside shops. This will be any promoters dream as its totally free publicity. Every paper will have pictures of the queues as they form. There will be the few who I have heard are starting tomorrow and once media gets wind photos will be everywhere starting hysteria. Myself and at least 30 people I know will descend the second we get wind of any queue starting. This I think will be true for most people. On my Facebook the majority of conversations between people is what they need to bring for a couple of nights camping outside shops, ie wet gear, chairs, playing cards etc lol not how best to get tickets. Everyone is intending on getting tickets, no one has even mentioned they will be available on done deal etc we have decided to wait until weds before joining queue but that will be totally dependent on TM Galway. We are ready at a moments notice to abandon ship at home and head into the city. My poor hubby!!! Lol. Best of luck to everyone and fingers crossed we are all jumping for joy next thurs morning :-D

Every outlet will have access to the system.. Therefore all will have tickets.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Every outlet will have access to the system.. Therefore all will have tickets.

The two Smaller ones near us have issued a notice saying they will not be selling tickets on thurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

For anyone planing on buying online.

Are ye not worried that it mightn't work? Ticketmaster crashes etc.

Just read over one direction thread and someone got tickets over a 3g connection. Which I have.

Trying to decide queueing up overnight in the cold versus queueing at the laptop on thursday morning.

Anything can go wrong really, with any method.

Also im so desperate for tickets that i'd probaby pay extra. And there's always people who will buy to sell on. Has to be better than queueing all night.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Ticketmaster holds up good these days, it used to crash all the time with big events, but in the past while it hasn't. It'l be slow, but thats it.

There will always be tickets available, as long as you have the cash ;)

There will be tickets on ebay for double the price 5 mins after they are on sale.

I might chance online. My brother can watch movies on his 3g network. That has to be good. And we're on the same network.

I probably wont be able to sleep all night, then wonder that I should be in the queue.

Its so stressful buying tickets.

Ahhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gemmamc

Anyone know how to get job a events like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

The whole "ticket allocation" thing people are spouting is pure shite.

Everyone has access to the same pool of ~160k tickets, and it's first come first served. The TM agents buy tickets faster than people at pc's though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

So organisers want big queues for pubilicity. What do you mean by pubilicity? Pubilicity for what? Aikan promotions? Ticketmaster shops?

That's crap. Ticketmasters job is to sell tickets. If they want big queues for pubilicity, there would be no such thing as online sales.

Edited to add: why would smaller outlets decide not to sell to give pubilicity to bigger outlets?

The two Smaller ones near us have issued a notice saying they will not be selling tickets on thurs.

Also, why in God's name do ye need in excess of 60 tickets?..
    Tout rings are awful and stop actual fans getting tickets..

• Advertisement

Also, why in God's name do ye need in excess of 60 tickets?..
    Tout rings are awful and stop actual fans getting tickets..

Casting assertions about a person is also awful! FYI I am one hell of an actual fan as are most of my friends! Within five mins of the announcement of when tickets are on sale I was asked to get at least 20 tickets for other people as my FRIENDS all knew without a shadow of a doubt I would be queuing! I will be queuing with 4 of my immediate friends and I will be buying 12 tickets if allowed, 6 for each night. And they will be doing the same. We are buying for friends who are working, family members who are minding our kids whilst we queue etc. there are already 4 coaches booked to go up on the thurs by our gang. We are all going both nights, and will go a third if it is announced.We booked our hotels within two mins of getting our news letter emails. And if 20 of us are willing to stay out on the street for 48 hours if needs be nobody has the right to give out if we buy every ticket we are allowed to if we are actually using them which we are!! RANT OVER!

So organisers want big queues for pubilicity. What do you mean by pubilicity? Pubilicity for what? Aikan promotions? Ticketmaster shops?

That's crap. Ticketmasters job is to sell tickets. If they want big queues for pubilicity, there would be no such thing as online sales.

Edited to add: why would smaller outlets decide not to sell to give pubilicity to bigger outlets?[/
    I did not say smaller TM were not selling just so bigger TMS would get publicity. What I said were the two smaller TMs near us have said they will NOT be selling tickets for Garth Brooks. (Maybe because they are incorporated with other business I do not know!)
    The reference I made to publicity was that it is a publicists dream if people queue. The bigger the queue the bigger the media coverage. I did not say this would be an intentional act by TM, Aiken or anyone else. It is a fact though that they will play on it! Every newspaper will be talking about "Garth Brooks Fever".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Also im so desperate for tickets that i'd probaby pay extra. And there's always people who will buy to sell on. Has to be better than queueing all night.

Buying from touts gives incentive to someone to buy tickets to tout which means there are less tickets for actual fans which means the fans have to buy from touts.

If you end up with no tickets save your money and don't support touts and wait until the week before the gig. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a good few legitimate fans who suddenly can't go who'd be happy to sell to another fan for face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Mr.S wrote: »
    Croke Park staff have been asked/told to work a 3rd gig.

Any idea if it would be the same weekend?

Edited to add: why would smaller outlets decide not to sell to give pubilicity to bigger outlets?

I did not say smaller TM were not selling just so bigger TMS would get publicity. What I said were the two smaller TMs near us have said they will NOT be selling tickets for Garth Brooks. (Maybe because they are incorporated with other business I do not know!)
    The reference I made to publicity was that it is a publicists dream if people queue. The bigger the queue the bigger the media coverage. I did not say this would be an intentional act by TM, Aiken or anyone else. It is a fact though that they will play on it! Every newspaper will be talking about "Garth Brooks Fever".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

ab4248 wrote: »

Has to be, all Ireland quarter finals are the following weekend I think so they'd need to start sorting out the pitch by the Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

ab4248 wrote: »

Has to be, all Ireland quarter finals are the following weekend I think so they'd need to start sorting out the pitch by the Monday!

Casting assertions about a person is also awful! FYI I am one hell of an actual fan as are most of my friends! Within five mins of the announcement of when tickets are on sale I was asked to get at least 20 tickets for other people as my FRIENDS all knew without a shadow of a doubt I would be queuing! I will be queuing with 4 of my immediate friends and I will be buying 12 tickets if allowed, 6 for each night. And they will be doing the same. We are buying for friends who are working, family members who are minding our kids whilst we queue etc. there are already 4 coaches booked to go up on the thurs by our gang. We are all going both nights, and will go a third if it is announced.We booked our hotels within two mins of getting our news letter emails. And if 20 of us are willing to stay out on the street for 48 hours if needs be nobody has the right to give out if we buy every ticket we are allowed to if we are actually using them which we are!! RANT OVER!

Can I also ask what shops are staying closed? Just to infirm other people here who may be thinking of attending these..
    Seems quite weird a certain.shop would be turned Off the server, on probably the biggest profit making day of the year..

Tivketmaster also say outlets selling.. Surely they'd stress if others aren't?

Can I also ask what shops are staying closed? Just to infirm other people here who may be thinking of attending these..
    Seems quite weird a certain.shop would be turned Off the server, on probably the biggest profit making day of the year..

Tivketmaster also say outlets selling.. Surely they'd stress if others aren't?

Try looking it up, east Galway area :-)

Try looking it up, east Galway area :-)

See I did that..
    There's only 2 in all of Galway.. Shop Street certainly won't be closed.. And I doubt Stronges in balinasloe will either..
    Where us this supposed third one which is closing?..

Also the use the ticketmaster systemso no reason there.. And outlets sell for all events unless online sales only..

Source for above ticketmaster.ie

Maybe just infiom the people if Galway of this magical unregistered ticketmaster outlet?..

• Advertisement

B_Rabbit wrote: »
    The whole "ticket allocation" thing people are spouting is pure shite.

Everyone has access to the same pool of ~160k tickets, and it's first come first served. The TM agents buy tickets faster than people at pc's though.

You say outlets can buy tickets faster. This is good if you're first in queue.

Another post mentioned that outlets might start printing in batches to meet the demand.

Would they start printing seated tickets, or standing? And you take what you get.

How does it all work.

Another post mentioned that outlets might start printing in batches to meet the demand.

Would they start printing seated tickets, or standing? And you take what you get.

How does it all work.

In limerick and cork(and am assuming in others), they walk.along Que before opening. Take numbers off people for both standing and sitting required and just start printing as close to this number as the system allows. They will certainly print in batches.

How does it all work.

Fairly sure it's only seating tickets for this gig.

The outlets will print batches of 6 at a time, and it'll just be the best available tickets.

B_Rabbit wrote: »
    Fairly sure it's only seating tickets for this gig.

The outlets will print batches of 6 at a time, and it'll just be the best available tickets.

nope standing.
    read ticketmast.ers FAQ for the gig.. says smoehitn along lines of those who suffer from vertigo should purchase standing

nope standing.
    read ticketmast.ers FAQ for the gig.. says smoehitn along lines of those who suffer from vertigo should purchase standing

Fair point, although it's yet to be confirmed according to their twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭burgermasters

Like the title says, I'm camping out with my brother from Tuesday, is anyone else doing this or am i like everyone tells me insane?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Madness, Tuesday?? You do know they go on sale on Thursday, right? Won't sell out straight away imo. When someone popular plays, people that are fans freak out. I plan on going to the concert and will stroll down to my local ticketmaster at 9am or just get them online.

Guaranteed 2 dates and if he does sell out fast, a Sunday will likely be added so there will be plenty of tickets.

I was considering camping out but it'll be madness.

From what I have been reading, asked loads of questions here. It doesnt matter if you're in a physical queue or an online queue.

If its a night like this. You're crazy. And im a massive fan and want a ticket just as much.

But feck that queueing.

You also have to remember not everyone loves him, so not everyone getting tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Queuing out two days in advance is madness I think and in this weather too. It's too cold and wet and windy. And it's dangerous too. I reckon it doesn't matter how much one would prepare with layers of clothing and waterproof clothing it's going to be hard. Not to mention toilet breaks. The night before would be reasonable enough but two days in advance is crazy. You're setting something and dragging other fans in to queuing too early when the night before should be ok. Not to mention other fans may not have the help of a family member or friends to help them when queuing. Queuing two days in advance, it might be considered an obstruction and if a garda came along they might view it as such too and ask you to move along. Common sense would tell you that much at least.

A homeless person sleeping on the streets wouldn't be in the same spot for two days straight. They'd die.

• Advertisement

dobman88 wrote: »
    Madness, Tuesday?? You do know they go on sale on Thursday, right? Won't sell out straight away imo. When someone popular plays, people that are fans freak out. I plan on going to the concert and will stroll down to my local ticketmaster at 9am or just get them online.

Guaranteed 2 dates and if he does sell out fast, a Sunday will likely be added so there will be plenty of tickets.

Strolling down at 9am. You're as cool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement