Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

Got 2 for Cusack lower for Tuesday night. And Breathe....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Can't understand really how another date is added, surely not that many people in Ireland like him that much?? It's bananas!

I think the sales speak for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Tuesday night > Sunday/Monday Night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow 5th date???? Definitely a case of "everyone else is going, so should I" now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Trying for Tuesday and the queue time has extended from 2 minutes to up to 6 minutes now back to 2 minutes. IT'S A LOTTERY OUT THERE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Missed out again on the 4th date after queuing online for 2 hours last week and half an hour this morning. Managed to get 2 for the Tuesday though so delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Got to final screen; entered card info, went to verify by visa and bombed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Just got 2 for Monday. Thanks to everyone who left Monday to try for Tuesday tickets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

The only people losing out here are the poor touts. Couldn't be happier!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Phew got 2 tickets for the Tuesday night - got in pretty quick as was on Ticketmaster Twitter when they tweeted the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

At this rate Garth Brooks daughter will be spending her 21st Birthday in Dublin, never mind her 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Can't understand really how another date is added, surely not that many people in Ireland like him that much?? It's bananas!

No way he has 400,000 individual fans in Ireland. It's people going to multiple nights, touts and people from all over Europe buying tickets. I've seen status's on FB from people I know in other European countries saying they got tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭james66

Got to final screen; entered card info, went to verify by visa and bombed out.

Did you enter your password before it crashed? The order might actually have gone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Seems like a joke comment...pretty retarded from a mod imo

Lovely choice of word there :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

No way he has 400,000 individual fans in Ireland. It's people going to multiple nights, touts and people from all over Europe buying tickets. I've seen status's on FB from people I know in other European countries saying they got tickets.

id say there will be quiet a few from the Uk coming over if its true that his world tour isnt starting yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

This going every night idea is getting very expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Wonder how much the residents are getting for all the hassle?

Years ago there were 11 different committees in the area and of course any tickets given out were kept by families who controlled the committees. A closed shop and and pretty corrupt.

After much giving out the GAA setup a database. You reply to their letter once a year and you are in the draw for tickets. It's a lot fairer

For concerts free tickets are given out. For matches there was also a draw and you have the opportunity to buy the match tickets at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Dublin hotels must be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Phew got 2 tickets for the Tuesday night - got in pretty quick as was on Ticketmaster Twitter when they tweeted the link.

Yeah I was the same. Was hammering the refresh button on the site until the Tuesday came up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Giot tickets for the Tuesday gig - standing - woohoo

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i bought an extra two seating tickets if anyone is stuck , for the monday show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

The only people losing out here are the poor touts. Couldn't be happier!

Ah f*ck ... forgot to try and get tickets to tout them....

shyte!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

nows the time to try to buy from touts :) offer them half price. in the panic they might sell lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

15 min waiting time, for 6 tickets ... lets hope ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

Ringerbell wrote: »
    I don't think there will be a 5th show. It would have to be the Tuesday night and tats mch to close to the all Ireland football 1/4 finals tat are on that weekend.
    I take it all back great to be able to say I'm wrong. Good enough for them touts will be stuck with them tickets they stocked up last week

People coming from all over for this. The states, the UK and the rest of Europe. He has said it is a special comeback gig and separate from the world tour so fans will want to see.

Paulegend wrote: »
    nows the time to try to buy from touts :) offer them half price. in the panic they might sell lol

Offer them face value i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Got my tickets for the 29th, and going with the family!

After trying for the previous dates I'm absolutely delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Is Tuesday sold out yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

Judging from the 15 minute wait time, the 5th night will also sell out soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement