Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Lad in work has us all on trying to get two for him and the wife... Think I'm last in the office, with the Running circle of doom!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

I'd say everyone on Ireland who wanted tickets now have them!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

the_monkey wrote: »
    15 min waiting time, for 6 tickets ... lets hope ...

Stick in there. It'll keep fluctuating for a while (it happened to me anyway...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's the poor old hard working ticket touts I feel sorry for.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

Got two for Tuesday night, hotel booked, happy days :) best of luck to everybody still trying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Jude13

on 12 mins for Tuesday night. I am pretty exhausted with the stress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Went into T/M and got into the Tuesday gig, 1 minute waiting now gone to 15 mins.
    Why didn't they just make it 2 pp after the 1st 3 sold out that quick?
    T/M still get the same amount of commission whether it's 2 pp or 6 pp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

BOOOM!

Just got them.

SeaFields is in the good books with the wife tonight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

just got 2 tickest for Tuesday 5 minutes ago.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I don't think that people on here are so small-minded to think that it's *only* people in Ireland trying for these. I know expats who are now in Australia and America who were at the 1997 shows and would LOVE to be here to try and re-live that magic that he created back then...

• Advertisement

now up to 13, how the hell does this work? I was on at 9am on the button and didnt get a sniff.

Is it because my internet is so slow?

That's why all the hotels have jacked up their prices.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

It's the poor old hard working ticket touts I feel sorry for.

I feel sorry for the poor sods who saw that Monday was sold out and ran out the door already late for work not knowing that Tuesday was in the wings...

Max 6 again

Im one of those expats coming home for it....hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

Once it starts counting down, even though it might start going back up, it's a matter of time, but you're getting closer, even though it doesn't seem like it. Anything other than the 15 min or more screen is a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Seems like a joke comment...pretty retarded from a mod imo

I think an apology is due over that one.

Whats funny about all of this is that Garth Brooks is probably gonna do more for the economy in a long weekend than Bord Failte achieved in a whole year with the gathering :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Thank you to the person who told me pro Musica were selling tickets, otherwise i would still be in the que :D

also, i've been offered a tuesday night ticket as well. ugh i'm seriously tempted

When the mod posted about a 5th show, I knew it was not a joke, and I immediately looked to find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Still on 15 mins for Tues.. Am I wasting time????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Tuesday caught people by surprise alright. I just looked at my phone and the app had two selected as well (had forgotten it was still running). Cancelled as I had mine but they seemed easier to get after trying all morning and last week too.

Keep trying people.

4 mins, ohh the sweet sweet excitment before being let down

You're almost there Jude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭lertsnim

To any touts still stuck with their tickets. Ha.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I think an apology is due over that one.

Whats funny about all of this is that Garth Brooks is probably gonna do more for the economy in a long weekend than Bord Failte achieved in a whole year with the gathering :pac:

well that's disheartening. all the hard work the ambassadors for the gathering did and all it takes is garth brooks to come to ireland. this should have been done sooner. :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Just got 2 for the gf's mother.got my own last week for the sunday but couldn't get her any.i was barely let into their house last weekend after i broke the news.Looks like the premier man will have the run of the place this week now!!

lertsnim wrote: »
    To any touts still stuck with their tickets. Ha.

Sorry to say that the touts will still do fine. This will bring down the tout market price, but it will still be at or above face for many of the tickets, and especially the weekend shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DesertMoon

OMG!!!!!! I queued from lunchtime yesterday - I got 2 tickets for Monday, when I got out all us fellow queuers (total strangers before yesterday) hugged each other and I was bawling - I was sooooo delighted to get them!!!!:) I ecstatic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Paulie1987

They still have tickets, I got through for 2 great seats in the hogan stand and had to let them go...gf rang me just as I got through sayin she got em....you'll get tickets keep on in there

• Advertisement

Just got 2 for the gf's mother.got my own last week for the sunday but couldn't get her any.i was barely let into their house last weekend after i broke the news.Looks like the premier man will have the run of the place this week now!!

oh your gonna be in the good books for years:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement