Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

sold out 9th date added soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

just got 4 tickets for the Tuesday upper Hogan stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Yeah, just a little harsh. Perhaps folks should be even more pissed at the hotels tripling their prices, adding up to hundreds extra Euros to stay a few nights.

hotels have a maximum price (which has to be set at the start of the year) and will always take the piss. they are a legal business

ticket touts prey on fans and will charge whatever they can get. they ARE NOT a legal business

anyone who bought tickets with the intention of selling them on should be ashamed of themselves. they are the reason fans miss concerts and they are also the reason for "virtual demand" in tickets meaning that hotels will raise their prices thinking 400'000 people want to go to the gigs instead of the actual number which could be about 300'000 (out of nowhere guess that just explains that not every ticket was bought with the intention of being used by the original buyer)

i have friends who have touted in the past. i totally disagree with it and if they where stuck with the tickets right no id be just as delighted

it should be against the law to tout. no sympathy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Jude13 wrote: »
    La di dah captain obvious, some of us dont have net access 24 7. If i had of updated it I wouldn't have realized how clever you were.

You exceeded the time limit and the tickets have been released.
    Why did this occur?

It occured because every page on TM is timed so if you run out of time you are booted out and tickets gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

Apparently Gleesons Sports in Limerick still have tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

Less and less people trying for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

I'm about to let 4 pitch standing go back into the pool. So there is some still available

shoppergal wrote: »
    Apparently Gleesons Sports in Limerick still have tickets.

how? that means that ticketmaster have tickets yea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

SOLD OUT AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

I'm still pulling singles, haven't tried for pairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

SOLD OUT AGAIN

seriously that's impressive

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

SOLD OUT AGAIN

NOW is when the touts will come out to play! There won't be a 6th date. The maximum permitted was 5 dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

Paulegend wrote: »
    how? that means that ticketmaster have tickets yea?

Apparently they got loads of them in advance, I guess that's what happens when GB himself says that limerick needs to be sorted out tickets wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

SOLD OUT AGAIN

WOW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

dobman88 wrote: »
    It occured because every page on TM is timed so if you run out of time you are booted out and tickets gone.

Cheers, I just pasted the message that ticketmaster gave me. I work in a remote location and organised meetings in the city today just to get net access. When I got to the payment page I had to change the delivery address, as the net is so slow here it timed me out. I was pee'd off at the smart arse previous comment.

I tried again to no avail. Looks like I wont be coming home in July now. Trying again but pretty sure they are sold out.

Yup sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Still able to get tickets online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Got 2 finally, but my god I've never encountered a system like ticketmasters before, was trying for two tickets with the laptop and after 5 mins of being stuck at 15 mins or more I decides to use the phone instead, tickets are got and paid for and the laptop is now at 6 mins ... Crazy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Yup sold out

Nope. I just pulled another 6 standing...

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭tipperary

Searched for 2 tickets. Was told none available. Tried again and got 2 standing tickets. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Yup sold out

Look on donedeal today,there will plenty go up for face value just try to be in quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

My friend just got 2 for Tuesday.. Cusack Lower.... Did I mention that my friend is a genius...

Shield wrote: »
    NOW is when the touts will come out to play! There won't be a 6th date. The maximum permitted was 5 dates.

i dont think anyone can take this comment seriously right now:D

people said the same before th original two gigs

"maximum of 3 gigs a year, but this year they got 2 extra so garth could play"

then it became

"maximum of 3 gigs can be played in a week"

then

"there will not be a 4th gig"

....................................... im not going to hold my breath :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Still pitch tickets left, just got 2 for the Tuesday night. Wait time was 4 minutes.

Im doing 2 for best available and have been told none available three times now. whats the craic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭james66

I think it was a great idea for TM to not announced the 5th day. The touts were not expecting it and alot of genuine fans got some tickets.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Look on donedeal today,there will plenty go up for face value just try to be in quick

have to say don't buy them if they are the printed out computer ticket, way too easy to just reprint that, only buy if its the 'actual' ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Going Unregged

Im doing 2 for best available and have been told none available three times now. whats the craic?

GF just texted me and asked me to keep an eye out for 3 tickets for a friend in work. I went straight in, went for 3 best available, and got 3 Upper Cusack with no waiting whatsoever. Keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Not sold out - just tried there for best available on got straight in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

The gaa must be rubbing their hands, approx. 750k for each gig and they have to do absolutely nothing but hand over the keys

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement