Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

pc7 wrote: »
    have to say don't buy them if they are the printed out computer ticket, way too easy to just reprint that, only buy if its the 'actual' ticket.

I was wondering about that. How do you actually sell/buy the print out ones? Suppose to just trust they are genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just got 2 pitch standing for Tuesday. Had previously been told none available

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

150 pages and we haven't even finished selling the tickets!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Steven81 wrote: »
    The gaa must be rubbing their hands, approx. 750k for each gig and they have to do absolutely nothing but hand over the keys

They will have to do a very quick turnaround for the matches on the following weekend. Still worth it I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

400'000 tickets for garth brookes

€28.5 million. lets say what he actually gets maight be 50%. thats still €14 million euro

for just 5 nights work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Any news on Number 6?? Will they announce that this is it now??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

Anyone looking for cheap accomadation check this place out. It's the place I was on about before that didn't put there price up, if they say no rooms available give them a call as have a self catering building as well that isn't available to book on booking .com
    http://www.booking.com/hotel/ie/sanjuan.en-gb.html?aid=356998;label=gog235jc-index-XX-XX-XX-unspec-ie-tab;sid=e2c3d1021957a8813c2b9065bb581de1;dcid=1;origin=disamb;srhash=4292520865;srpos=1

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

RebelSoul wrote: »
    I was wondering about that. How do you actually sell/buy the print out ones? Suppose to just trust they are genuine.

I think its very dodgy, they should have posted them like normal tickets. I could photocopy my print outs X times and sell them and who would know, first one in would get in! I can't imagine touts being honest and not doing this. Last week I'd tickets for Ireland V Scotland that didn't arrive, ticketmaster were great, had to call and collect new ones in Ballsbridge the morning of the game. When we went to go to our seats the attendant had a notebook and asked where we got our tickets etc. I explained they were my reissue and had the details from ticketmaster. I was seriously impressed that they had a list to check as people took to their seats. Can't do that with a print out.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

why are some people who dont even want them able to get them and are then releasing back?
    very annoying when you are trying to get them and seeing people do this.
    i was in the 15 minute q for nearly an hr on the puter, app on phone kept telling me none available. puter then said the same :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

pc7 wrote: »
    have to say don't buy them if they are the printed out computer ticket, way too easy to just reprint that, only buy if its the 'actual' ticket.

Good advice I printed mine twice by accident was thinking how easy this would b!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Sold out? Tried best available for the Tuesday night.... Nothing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭james66

viv2 wrote: »
    why are some people who dont even want them able to get them and are then releasing back?
    very annoying when you are trying to get them and seeing people do this.
    i was in the 15 minute q for nearly an hr on the puter, app on phone kept telling me none available. puter then said the same :(

Go now I just tried twice and got in pick 1 ticket only.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭theniall

Buying more than 400,000 Garth Brooks tickets has ruined me financially but will be worth it to just see the look on his face every night.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Ms Happy wrote: »
    Sold out? Tried best available for the Tuesday night.... Nothing :(
    Try again... I got 1 upper seated and released it back...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Got bumped for the 5th time. Did not have one of my credit cards on screen, it is a forigen one, so I had to add a new credit card but refused to let me change the country. Oh how I would like to get my hands on the guys who run this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

hmmmm. got an offer for pitch section. :D think i'll take that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

Ringerbell wrote: »
    Anyone looking for cheap accomadation check this place out. It's the place I was on about before that didn't put there price up, if they say no rooms available give them a call as have a self catering building as well that isn't available to book on booking .com
    http://www.booking.com/hotel/ie/sanjuan.en-gb.html?aid=356998;label=gog235jc-index-XX-XX-XX-unspec-ie-tab;sid=e2c3d1021957a8813c2b9065bb581de1;dcid=1;origin=disamb;srhash=4292520865;srpos=1

Just check this place has rooms available both the Monday and Tuesday night. It's out by the airport but won't get anywhere else for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

For anyone looking for hotel for last concert on 29th try http://www.travelrepublic.ie/hotels/hotel-availability.aspx?sid=85708d72-e364-4fa4-befe-805aae22e050#ready

I got Ashling Hotel twin incl breakfast for total of €118

lovely. i'm getting adverts from booking.com on top of the page. harrington house dublin from 50e if any one is interested :P

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

Put in 1 ticket for Standing, and you will get one hopefully.

• Advertisement

Tried again and got 336 released into pool. They are easy to get if you pick one ticket only.

thats it my life long mission is to destroy tickmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Tried for one last time and got 2 standing for tuesday on the app.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

james66 wrote: »
    They are easy to get if you pick one ticket only.
    It won't stay like this for long...

Seriously guys order 1 ticket now there is no loading time hurry!!!

Jude13 wrote: »

can you do that AFTER they announce a 6th date (fingers crossed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

boardzz wrote: »
    Got standing tickets just now. Still available apparently.

Thank you for this info.

As soon as I read this I went on and got more standing tickets for the tuesday.

Monday and tuesday standing tickets sorted.

Absolutely delighted.

Yay !!!

Yippeeeee

It'll be a mighty fun in july.

Bring it on.

Cannot wait.

Now when does the queue start for pitch standing ?

Jude13 wrote: »

Jude give it a try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Going Unregged

Do the print out not have any number or something that can be traced back to the credit card holder?

• Advertisement

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Jude give it a try again.

I am constantly trying, deleted all but the forgien card so its the only option they can give me, keep trying for 2 as I am not going alone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement