Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Going Unregged

http://www.donedeal.co.uk/musictickets-for-sale/garth-brooks-monday-last-night-ever/6395158

"One pitch ticket for Monday gig. Probably the last night ever for Garth in Ireland :(

I am selling cause my friend got me a ticket already.

Genuine seller."

His last night ever folks. Until the next day, that is. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Mr.S wrote: »
    Same with Monday.

5 dates is insane

Amazing stuff at the speed of sales still though. I got two for a friend for Monday and was just heading to bed when I saw another friend having no luck on holiday in Sweden so I said I'd try get 2 singles and it worked.

Out of curiosity I just tried again for Tuesday and still tix available but I have to pay rent lol. Got my own tix last week so me and a few friends are very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

serious money for croker

Paulegend wrote: »
    i doubt there will be many available come time for the gig

tickets arent suppose to sell out in an hour.....................................

But neither Monday or Tuesday are sold out.

bangkok wrote: »
    serious money for croker

And the scumbag hotels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

dobman88 wrote: »
    But neither Monday or Tuesday are sold out.
    Monday is sold out according to ticketmaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I am so tempted to buy 2 spare tickets, just to offer them @ face value to someone who is about to be ripped off by a tout outside the stadium.

Words cannot express how much I hate touts.

And the irony will be strong when the same 'true fan' will only give you half the price you paid for the tickets on the day, because there are loads about and they have the option to do so and get away with it.

jj72 wrote: »
    Monday is sold out according to ticketmaster

Must have been just now so because tix were available if you selected 1 about 5 mins ago. Unbelievable sales. No other artist or band could do this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

I used to like Garth Brooks back in my late teens but haven't really listened to him since, nearly half tempted to try for a ticket. :)

I'm amazed at the demand though.

Wonder how much the GAA will get, minus any cleanup or anything they have to do after all the concerts are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Single tickets still available for Tuesday @11:52am

Choose 1x ticket, Best available and search

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭AidanD12

done deal flooding with tickets now ... rats jumping the ship. Hope anyone that bought extra to try and make money gets stuck with them ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,633 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hilarious now watching the price of tickets fall as those who bought piles hoping to make a killing are afraid of getting stuck with them.

I wonder what percentage of tickets were bought by people actually who planned to go? I'd say it was <50%. Rest were wannabee touts.

Also love the way some of the descriptions on DoneDeal and Gumtree have changed over the space of a few days. At the start it was "your chance to see the event of the decade", "no timewasters", "cheap at €300".

Now its "can't make it due to work", "got a family wedding and can't go" !!

F.U.N.N.Y.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

IS THERE A 6TH NIGHT DEMAND????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭bren2001

dobman88 wrote: »
    Must have been just now so because tix were available if you selected 1 about 5 mins ago. Unbelievable sales. No other artist or band could do this

Reckon U2 could sell 5 nights. Certainly if they took a break for 17 years they would sell 5. Reckon they would come quite close to it. Still impressive tho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Just tried for a Tuesday ticket and got one no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

So, we all happy? Everyone in the country who r Garth brook's fans surely got tickets :-D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    So, we all happy? Everyone in the country who r Garth brook's fans surely got tickets :-D

And anybody who didn't, donedeal is full of them at face value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Guys go to ticketmaster now..... 1 tickets selection still available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

There won't be any helicopters to Galway races that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Pitch tickets still available for Monday on the app.

Hope not too many people panicked and paid tout prices, there'll be loads of tickets available now for all dates at face value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 JoyceF

Hi,

I've got pitch seating tickets for one night or normal seating tickets for another night. Can someone tell me if the seating tickets are on front of the stage? I'm just wondering if they are on a raised platform behind the standing crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Maybe it's old age but ticket masters catchphrase I cannot read. Tried numerous time but can't get it. Anyone else have trouble with this security phrase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Delighted for the touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

ceegee wrote: »
    Pitch tickets still available for Monday on the app.

Hope not too many people panicked and paid tout prices, there'll be loads of tickets available now for all dates at face value

Ya, been checking with awhile and have no problem selecting pitch standing for Monday.

TM Update at 12.24pm:

All five dates (400,000 tickets) for The ‪#‎GarthBrooks‬ Comeback Special Event are now sold out. Tickets for a 4th date went on sale this morning at 9am and SOLD OUT quickly. A 5th date was added and tickets for that date went on sale immediately. The 5th date has now also SOLD OUT bringing the total number of tickets sold for The Garth Brooks Comeback Special Event to 400,000.
    This will be the first time that an artist will play 5 consecutive sold out dates at Croke Park.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

http://www.donedeal.co.uk/musictickets-for-sale/garth-brooks-monday-last-night-ever/6395158

"One pitch ticket for Monday gig. Probably the last night ever for Garth in Ireland :(
    :rolleyes:

Don't forget the world tour next year! He'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Here's the press release:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=694464307260198&set=a.161433593896608.34340.145525518820749&type=1&stream_ref=10

"The GARTH BROOKS
    Comeback Special Event

ALL FIVE DATES ARE NOW SOLD OUT

All five dates (400,000 tickets) for The Garth Brooks Comeback Special Event are now sold out. Tickets for a 4th date went on sale this morning at 9am and sold out quickly. A 5th date was added and tickets for that date went on sale immediately. The 5th date has now also sold out, bringing the total number of tickets sold for The Garth Brooks Comeback Special Event to 400,000.
    This will be the first time that an artist will play 5 consecutive sold out dates at Croke Park.

The Garth Brooks Comeback Special Event will take place on Friday 25, Saturday 26, Sunday 27, Monday 28 and Tuesday 29 July 2014 at Croke Park."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Maybe it's old age but ticket masters catchphrase I cannot read. Tried numerous time but can't get it. Anyone else have trouble with this security phrase

Not your age, I'm 30 & half them I can't make it out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

JJ wrote: »
    Here's the press release:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=694464307260198&set=a.161433593896608.34340.145525518820749&type=1&stream_ref=10

"The GARTH BROOKS
    Comeback Special Event

ALL FIVE DATES ARE NOW SOLD OUT

All five dates (400,000 tickets) for The Garth Brooks Comeback Special Event are now sold out. Tickets for a 4th date went on sale this morning at 9am and sold out quickly. A 5th date was added and tickets for that date went on sale immediately. The 5th date has now also sold out, bringing the total number of tickets sold for The Garth Brooks Comeback Special Event to 400,000.

The Garth Brooks Comeback Special Event will take place on Friday 25, Saturday 26, Sunday 27, Monday 28 and Tuesday 29 July 2014 at Croke Park."

I just tried there and could get single tickets for the Monday & Tuesday gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I've found if you're off by one or two letters, the form may still accept what you've typed in.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Got 2 tickets about 30 mins ago for Monday pitch. Online.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement