Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

JJ wrote: »
    I've found if you're off by one or two letters, the form may still accept what you've typed in.

It's reCaptcha. Only one of the words is used in the validation. If you get that one right the system assumes you have gotten the second one correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

mariah54 wrote: »
    Garth sold out again and still wasn't successful in getting ticket. Queued on Ticketmaster from 8 a.m till 11.30 and just couldn't get through. I would queue outside outlets only unable to do so due to mobility issues but not wheelchair user. Was lucky enough to see him in '97, just fantastic, so hope he will include us again on world tour. Unfortunately once these new fans see him once they will be guaranteed to want to see him again so Mr. Aitken may cop on and instead of teasing genuine fans and testing the waters should go and take a punt and ask him to perform for 10 nights so that those of us who cant get tickets and are genuine fans can have an opportunity to seeing him. A lot of these people are buying up tickets and have no other interest only to sell them on to make a quick buck, one only has to look at Done Deal. I for one certainly would not satisfy them to give them other than face value apart from being sure the tickets are genuine. I am unemployed and can only afford one ticket and my sister was buying that for my birthday. We wanted to go together as we were both there together last time. :mad:

In fairness, he sold out 5 days in a huge stadium. To be complaining he isn't playing 10 is ridiculous. A lot of music fans won't get 5 chances to see their favourite act this summer that's for sure. Unlucky on the tickets though.

Every big concert is the same with touted tickets, it's only when these big concerts have big interest that people act as if it's a new thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Going on the 28th, can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Garth sold out again and still wasn't successful in getting ticket. Queued on Ticketmaster from 8 a.m till 11.30 and just couldn't get through. I would queue outside outlets only unable to do so due to mobility issues but not wheelchair user. Was lucky enough to see him in '97, just fantastic, so hope he will include us again on world tour. Unfortunately once these new fans see him once they will be guaranteed to want to see him again so Mr. Aitken may cop on and instead of teasing genuine fans and testing the waters should go and take a punt and ask him to perform for 10 nights so that those of us who cant get tickets and are genuine fans can have an opportunity to seeing him. A lot of these people are buying up tickets and have no other interest only to sell them on to make a quick buck, one only has to look at Done Deal. I for one certainly would not satisfy them to give them other than face value apart from being sure the tickets are genuine. I am unemployed and can only afford one ticket and my sister was buying that for my birthday. We wanted to go together as we were both there together last time. :mad:

there are tickets still available.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

so everyone else is paying for your ticket really :P only jokin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

Amanda7326 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the extra tickets do go on sale would it usually be during the day at a random time?

I'm so desperate for a ticket... am so upset.

And like the rest of the disappointed real fans I am afraid to get my hopes up to only be let down again.....yes i know it might sound silly that I am upset that i dont have a ticket and yes i know there are worse things happening in the world.... but just so gutted!

I cancelled my honeymoon and moved the dates when he announced an extra date in Las Vegas... so it literally cost me over €1,500 euro to see him.. between moving our internal flights to make sure we were in las vegas on that night and then the tickets themselves

So it pains me now to have missed out here in Ireland....... i am so torn i actually dont think I can cope with not going to see him.... and all the great (and much appreciated) advice on here seems to say hold out that there will be plenty of tickets... but what if there isnt?!?!?!

I am so torn.............

I'm also a bit annoyed, not that we didnt get tickets due to supply and demand but that it didnt seem fair the way it was done. I was in that Q at 9am on the dot... so was my husband at home and 4 other people for us... and not one of us got tickets... yet there was a guy on facebook boasting that he logged in at 9.15 and got 6 tickets... then went straight back in and got tickets for the sunday..

I just dont know where i went wrong:( so if more go on sale im afraid i will miss out again :(

Im so so happy to say that I got tickets today for Monday night, I wanted seated...got standing.... couldn't care less if I had to sit in a crane miles above the pitch... im going to be there that's all I care about :D

I hope everyone else got sorted too x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

All sorted for 5 nights seated...... Happy days..... Don't think no6 is a runner... Surely not????

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

According to the news there at 3pm on Newstalk the residents are up in arms as they have exceeded the planning permission for the venue between Garths 5, 1D3 and american football. Wonder will it be cancelled or will they get sweetners.

All sorted for 5 nights seated...... Happy days..... Don't think no6 is a runner... Surely not????

if there is, i'm out. i'm trying to decide whether or not i want to take the 3rd night.:o

at least now i can cancel the hotel for friday.

:eek::confused: what :rolleyes: would you not sell atleast one night to a genuine fan no ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    was hardluckwoman getting tickets this morning?

Got my standing tickets for Monday. Queued over 12 hours. Absolutely delighted.

30 minutes later, was driving home when my sister said that a fifth gig was on sale. I never pulled in so quicky. Both phones out and got standing for Tuesday.

Absolutely delighted and I cannot wait.

:):):)

Got my standing tickets for Monday. Queued over 12 hours. Absolutely delighted.

30 minutes later, was driving home when my sister said that a fifth gig was on sale. I never pulled in so quicky. Both phones out and got standing for Tuesday.

Absolutely delighted and I cannot wait.

:):):)

good :D

Mr.S wrote: »
    No chance it will be cancelled, the RA will get lots lots free tickets to make up for it along with promises to keep the area tidy and hassle free etc.

thats complete boll*x because my nanny has heard nothing , no update letter or anyting , just one residents meating thats it, and tickets my arse . . . . . . . .lol tickets . . .free ??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Zardoz

JJ wrote: »
    I find it difficult to believe someone accidentally bought 36 tickets for Garth when they meant to buy tickets for another gig. Just be honest and say you bought tickets to sell at a profit and be done with it.

Sarcasm meter must be off .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

In case it suits anyone still looking for tickets. From Croke Park Facebook
    Have you got your ticket for the biggest concert in Irish history?

Why not make the occasion even more special by experiencing the luxury of hospitality at Croke Park. Our hospitality package includes a concert ticket and is available on Friday 25th and Sunday 27th July.

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

good news for people with tickets a good bit back like me section 310

the sound tower may not be in our way!!
    McKenna explained that the process is not as arduous as that which faced his team in 2009 after U2's three-night stint, just five days before the first All-Ireland SFC quarter-final. "The stage is not nearly as dramatic as some of the stages like U2," he outlined.

"It's actually back on Hill 16 so it's not that far in on the pitch. The ramps are not as aggressive as some of the others that we've had.

"Significantly the delay towers, the sound towers are going to be from the roof down rather than from the ground up so that means we've got the whole back of the pitch. Combine all of those and this is something we can achieve."

http://www.herald.ie/sport/gaa/croke-park-admit-to-a-risk-factor-in-staging-four-brooks-concerts-29979074.html

...yes local residents get free tickets via the RA(s), as they are the ones who receive the allocation and distribute them...

Its not a ticket for every resident of the area.

Local meaning very near the stadium and access roads, now.

The gigs are months away, nothing will be happening for a while. Promoters have something like 10-11 weeks minimum to lodge the relevant paperwork and permits.

Funny though people complain when gigs and stuff go on in Croke Park, Aviva etc. You chose to live near a major stadium, what in gods name did you expect :eek:

my familys been there at the richmond cottages since she was a kid in the same house her mother bought when she was 22, and croke park was expanded how were the residents to know that would happen??

and the way your going on about tickets seems legit because anything your stating hasnt happened :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

No chance it will be cancelled, the RA will get lots lots free tickets to make up for it along with promises to keep the area tidy and hassle free etc.

How do you know the RA won't have it stopped ?

I have family in that area and I can honestly say when I lived there concerts where a pain to deal with . Free tickets and the likes will mean damn all to people with new born and young children in the area and also the elderly too .

but surely the gig will be over by half 10 right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭bren2001

How do you know the RA won't have it stopped ?

I have family in that area and I can honestly say when I lived there concerts where a pain to deal with . Free tickets and the likes will mean damn all to people with new born and young children in the area and also the elderly too .

How would the RA stop it? They really have no say in the matter. Aiken and the GAA are big enough to push it through even if it is outside the planning permission (which I doubt).

• Advertisement

but surely the gig will be over by half 10 right?

Who knows !! I went to see Robbie Williams in the aviva and he was on until 11 . He was supposed to do half 8 to half 10 but didn't come on stage until 9 because of the weather . He said at about half 10 he was going to get a fine for it too .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

bren2001 wrote: »
    How would the RA stop it? They really have no say in the matter. Aiken and the GAA are big enough to push it through even if it is outside the planning permission (which I doubt).

A court injunction apparently. Just heard it on newstalk 4pm headlines.

oh oh :(

bren2001 wrote: »

You do realise noise and volumes of the people in the area ? The gaa have an allotted amount of concerts just like the aviva do . They have all been used up at this stage so now they will have to sit down with the RA over this .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

A V A wrote: »
    my familys been there at the richmond cottages since she was a kid in the same house her mother bought when she was 22, and croke park was expanded how were the residents to know that would happen??

and the way your going on about tickets seems legit because anything your stating hasnt happened :)
    Are your family in the catchment area and have they applied to be included?
    http://www.crokepark.ie/about/community/croke-park-ticket-scheme

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Who knows !! I went to see Robbie Williams in the aviva and he was on until 11 . He was supposed to do half 8 to half 10 but didn't come on stage until 9 because of the weather . He said at about half 10 he was going to get a fine for it too .

one person who couldn't give a crap about that. :P
    SeaFields wrote: »
    A court injunction apparently. Just heard it on newstalk 4pm headlines.

oh oh :(

noooooooooooooo :(:(:( they can't do this to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭bren2001

You do realise noise and volumes of the people in the area ? The gaa have an allotted amount of concerts just like the aviva do . They have all been used up at this stage so now they will have to sit down with the RA over this .

I'm aware of the rules in relation to the concerts. It was only a week ago that Peter Aiken announced there would be no fourth gig. I can only presume that he contacted and met with the relevant people.

There were similar protest around the Phoenix Park gigs last year. Ultimately, it will amount to nothing.
    one person who couldn't give a crap about that. :P

noooooooooooooo :(:(:( they can't do this to us.

The concert will go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

A V A wrote: »
    :eek::confused: what :rolleyes: would you not sell atleast one night to a genuine fan no ?

Had 4 spare and GAVE them to family...... Can't say fairer than that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Still single tickets on ticketmaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

Anyone know who'll be doing security at this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

lighterman wrote: »
    Anyone know who'll be doing security at this

Will be sword id imagine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement