Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭burgermasters

Queuing out two days in advance is madness I think and in this weather too. It's too cold and wet. And it's dangerous too. I reckon it doesn't matter how much layers and waterproof clothing you have, not to mention toilet breaks. The night before would be reasonable enough but two days in advance is crazy. You're setting something and dragging other fans in to queuing too early when the night before should be ok. Not to mention other fans may not have the help of a family member or friends to help them when queuing. Queuing two days in advance, it might be considered an obstruction and if a garda came along they might view it as such too and ask you to move along. Common sense would tell you that much at least.

A homeless person sleeping on the streets wouldn't be in the same spot for two days straight. They'd die.

Although everything you say does make sense if I miss this concert in would be devastated I'm actually panicking at this stage I get really really anxious at the thought of not getting tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Heard a great stat about the Garth Brooks concert going demographic:

83.4% of ticket purchasers are 65 years plus. By the time the concerts roll around this summer, lots of them will be thankfully dead.

He sold out 250.000 tickets in 1997 in 58 minutes that just worries me in regards to not getting there in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Heard a great stat about the Garth Brooks concert going demographic:

83.4% of ticket purchasers are 65 years plus. By the time the concerts roll around this summer, lots of them will be thankfully dead.

Yep! Probably taking advice of their teenagers or grandkids love affair of one direction as regards to queuing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Bell1990

I will be camping out but only from Wednesday night. Camping out 2 nights is madness and that's coming from someone who lives in a garth brooks mad family and has the responsibility of getting 8 tickets ( a friend is camping with me). I do hope they leave the 1st set of doors in the Letterkenny shopping centre open so can have some kind of heat as I que

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Also if you read the Bruce Springsteen thread. People had their tickets a couple of minutes past 9am. I saw someone got their tickets at 9.02 am. 2 minutes. Vs camping over 36 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Bell1990

He sold out 250.000 tickets in 1997 in 58 minutes that just worries me in regards to not getting there in time.
    There was only 130000 people at the concerts in 1997. Croke park was a lot smaller then. We were 1 of the unlucky 1s who missed out on tickets that year because of the smaller capacity

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

start queuing at 7pm the night before,i saw him free he was not that good

very polished but not that good

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Like the title says, I'm camping out with my brother from Tuesday, is anyone else doing this or am i like everyone tells me insane?

Mad_as_a_box_of_frogs.jpg

Bell1990 wrote: »
    There was only 130000 people at the concerts in 1997. Croke park was a lot smaller then. We were 1 of the unlucky 1s who missed out on tickets that year because of the smaller capacity

Sorry should have said it was central park with 250.000 people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Dont the ticket master shops just use the online system like the website?

Why not stay at home and just get them online!

afatbollix wrote: »
    Dont the ticket master shops just use the online system like the website?

Why not stay at home and just get them online!

I have never purchased tickets for a big gig like this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Sorry should have said it was central park with 250.000 people.

Are you definitely sure the shop will be open at 9am? I went to a shop at 9 am for Slane tickets before and they didn't actually open until 10am. I was freaking out at the time but got tickets no bother.

Why don't you just order online? Sit in your comfy bed with a cup of tea at 8.55am and have the tickets by 9.05am. Or just walk down to the shop at 9am. You are definitely over thinking this imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Bell1990 wrote: »
    I will be camping out but only from Wednesday night. Camping out 2 nights is madness and that's coming from someone who lives in a garth brooks mad family and has the responsibility of getting 8 tickets ( a friend is camping with me). I do hope they leave the 1st set of doors in the Letterkenny shopping centre open so can have some kind of heat as I que

My sister is interested in queuing too. I'd be unable to help due to work. She would like to pick up two tickets, and have me at home trying for two before breaking my hole getting out to work. We are big fans but queuing monday or tuesday would be insanity. People queued for one direction according to online news articles the morning before tickets went on sale but one direction's tickets went on sale on a weekends morning (saturday) in the middle of may. That would be some what doable especially in may but two nights in advance in janaury is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

Camping for Garth Brooks tickets is simply ludicrous. I'd expect One Direction fans to camp out for tickets that inevitably will sell out, but Garth Brooks?!

dobman88 wrote: »
    Are you definitely sure the shop will be open at 9am? I went to a shop at 9 am for Slane tickets before and they didn't actually open until 10am. I was freaking out at the time but got tickets no bother.

Why don't you just order online? Sit into your comfy bed with a cup of tea at 8.55am and have the tickets by 9.05am. Or just walk down to the shop at 9am. You are definitely over thinking this imo.

Yeah I called the shop and asked.

The stress of trying to figure out what to do. I give up.

A good nights sleep on wednesday night. Some praying and online on thursday morning.

Whatever happens, happens.

Yeah I called the shop and asked.

So did I and when I got there at 9am nobody was there until 10am. Always safer online.

If you do cam out in this weather for 2 nights though, fair play to you. Just remember to post the pics for us :)

dobman88 wrote: »
    If you do cam out in this weather for 2 nights though, fair play to you. Just remember to post the pics for us :)

Will do.

• Advertisement

Where are you camping out?

Where are you camping out?

Outside a local shopping center.

Myself and my brother will be taking shifts but for safety we will both be there through the night, we also have a sister on stand by to hold the spot should we badly need sleep in bed or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Myself and my brother will be taking shifts but for safety we will both be there through the night, we also have a sister on stand by to hold the spot should we badly need sleep in bed or something?

Spoke to my local Ticket Master shop owner, he told me that I am 100% grand to show up at 9am Thursday morning.

fartyarse wrote: »
    Spoke to my local Ticket Master shop owner, he told me that I am 100% grand to show up at 9am Thursday morning.

Phew

Where's this? Pm me so no one starts camping on tuesday.

And would you trust this? Please don't be offended by the way, this has been the most anticipated gig for almost two decades?

Could you pm me where also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Garth Brooks hopefully will be my the 10th/11th concert I will be attending at Croke Park. Out of the other 9 times I purchased tickets for Croke Park concerts, 6 of them I couldn't get tickets. I eventually got tickets in the end. I am treading trying to get tickets for Garth. Cant get off work to get them, so have rely on my sister to get them this time.

And would you trust this? Please don't be offended by the way, this has been the most anticipated gig for almost two decades?

Not really the most anticipated gig. He was in retirement until last week. No one knew he was going to come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

As everyone else has said, that's a pretty insane idea. Roll out of bed 15 minutes before they go on sale, keep hitting F5 on your keyboard 2/3 minutes before sale time and you've got your tickets. This has never failed for me, including for huge bands playing the O2 for a single date which is a fraction of the capacity. This is 2 dates in pretty much our largest capacity venue. Just get them online in the morning and save yourself and your brother a lot of hassle and discomfort!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement