Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MairinTadhg

Did anyone get a bogus email after providing Ticketmaster with their credit card details? I did - claiming to be from Ulster Bank with whom I have my credit card, stating that my credit card was blocked. Furthermore, if I followed the link provided, it lead to a web page that looked so like the Ulster Bank webpage that I couldn't tell the difference. The only thing that stopped me filling in my credit card details to 'verify' it was the fact there when my credit card has been blocked in the passed, I got a phone call from Ulster Bank and not an email.

I tried ringing Ticketmaster but I ended up on a loop,going nowhere. I faxed them over the details. Am I alone on this one or did anyone else get similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

See that thing over there in the corner? It's called a bandwagon.:D

And that's me jumping right onto it.:P

Bought a ticket around 4.00 p.m. today - and now I'm glad I did.

Let's hope his voice holds out for 5 nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Anyone think the fact that he is playing 5 nights in a row will mean a shorter concert duration than a 2-3 night run ?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Not a fan of Garth Brooks at all, but I gotta take my (stetson) hat off to him. Five nights sold out in Croke Park is some achievement. And at least there will be musicians and singers on the stage singing and playing instruments as opposed to some DJ standing behind a deck pretending to play records or some Pop/R&B brat miming badly;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

is there a possibility of a 6th date?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Hearing now that they are in talks for Number 6... Surely not??? What do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Well that would me out. I'm happy with what I got.

Think there pushing it now, unless of course more ppl couldn't get tickets in limerick today.

Btw, can I replace the paper ticket for an actual ticket?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Hearing now that they are in talks for Number 6... Surely not??? What do ye think?

honestly it think your an over excited fan and over thinking things and reading to much into it , trying to stur up lies spread by people messing :P

A V A wrote: »
    honestly it think your an over excited fan and over thinking things and reading to much into it , trying to stur up lies spread by people messing :P

It could be that.................... But then again it could be a direct quote from The GB Facebook Fan Page..

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

WhosUpDocs wrote: »
    Got tickets last thursday but the money still hasn't come out of my account. Has this happened to anyone else? :confused:

Came out of mine yesterday and left me overdrawn!!
    sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Well that would me out. I'm happy with what I got.

Think there pushing it now, unless of course more ppl couldn't get tickets in limerick today.

Btw, can I replace the paper ticket for an actual ticket?

Only if you haven't opened the ticket link on your account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Butsymarc

Havnt heard his name mentioned since the 90s and he sells tickets to 10% of the population????? I live beside Croke Park and enjoy the buzz about the place on match day and when there are concerts but 5 nights of country and western coupled with 3 days of one direction is a bit much. If Aiken promotions want to run 5 nights fine, but keep it to the weekends and take the hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,127 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I think the residents would be quite correct to go all the way to the High Court to have these concerts stopped. One or two nights might have been tolerable but the greed that has taken over and lead to 5 nights means there is a de facto festival being imposed on the community, not to mention 3 nights of OD the NFL and 10 weekends of Championship GAA.

Some of you are pretty confident that Bord Pleanála would pass it, but their remit is limited, when you bring the courts into it there will be a whole lot of other issues at stake. If this action is taken all the way id bet on a high probability of a successful injunction, I.e. no shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Butsymarc wrote: »
    Havnt heard his name mentioned since the 90s and he sells tickets to 10% of the population????? I live beside Croke Park and enjoy the buzz about the place on match day and when there are concerts but 5 nights of country and western coupled with 3 days of one direction is a bit much. If Aiken promotions want to run 5 nights fine, but keep it to the weekends and take the hit.

not a fan of either but I'd take garth over one d every day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I hope they announce a sixth and seventh gig. To get all the residents worked up.

And then cancell them to leave the residents happy and we get our five.

Then five wouldn't be too bad compared to seven.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,127 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I hope they announce a sixth and seventh gig. To get all the residents worked up.

And then cancell them to leave the residents happy and we get our five.

Then five wouldn't be too bad compared to seven.

Be careful of hubris. I guarantee you Aikens are worried tonight, they have no licence, this threat is serious and it would ruin themselves and maybe Brooks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭bren2001

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I think the residents would be quite correct to go all the way to the High Court to have these concerts stopped. One or two nights might have been tolerable but the greed that has taken over and lead to 5 nights means there is a de facto festival being imposed on the community, not to mention 3 nights of OD the NFL and 10 weekends of Championship GAA.

Some of you are pretty confident that Bord Pleanála would pass it, but their remit is limited, when you bring the courts into it there will be a whole lot of other issues at stake. If this action is taken all the way id bet on a high probability of a successful injunction, I.e. no shows.

The residents have been living by Croke Park for ten years now. Residents have had plenty of time to move out of the area if this stuff was bothering them that much.

Croke Park has been used as the GAA headquarters for over 100 years now. The fact it is bigger does not change the amount of matches held there. Residents would have bought properties knowing they would be disrupted for the Championship. The NCAA game doesnt really add much in the way of disruption. There is also a lot more than 10 weekends of GAA in Croke Park.

An Bord Pleanála have a huge remit and if it was taken to the courts there would be a very low chance of getting an injunction. If the RA are serious I would expect Aiken and the GAA to sort it out a long way before it got to that stage anyway.

This gig is worth about 5 million to Aiken, it would be ludicrous to think they have not done the groundwork in ensuring they would get permission. I'd go as far as to say, it would ruin the company if they didn't. Aiken are not worried at all and I am sure they expected this from the RA.

I can also see you are trying to get a rise out of somebody and I'm afraid it won't be me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

There will be riots if these gigs dont get the go ahead.

Then we should head up and camp outside croker. And i'll be the first one there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I way away at work all day. Very wrecked after queuing all night but delighted with my tickets.

Read back over the past few pages and also saw on the news about an uproar from the residents surrounding croke park and an objection to the two new dates - monday and tuesday.

Volvo ocean race (i know its different) came to the docks in galway back in 2012. It was a huge boost, to the city and country. Some residents around the docks were a little pissed off with noise and traffic desruptions with some road closures too all in all though the week was brillant.

I feel very honoured that Garth Brooks has picked Ireland for his comeback special. It will bring much needed tourism with fans coming from abroad.

One person on the news complaining, complained about drunks. Why would people pay for tickets, just to go to croker to and get fúck faced drunk and fall about the place? For true fans, not a drop of booze will pass their lips or it would be done responsibily. One or two, the very most. People have every other weekend to go out and drink.

I don't know. I'm wrecked and can't argue much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

It could be that.................... But then again it could be a direct quote from The GB Facebook Fan Page..

yes . . . . . . . . . . . by an over excited fan thats over thinking things and reading to much into it , trying to stur up lies spread by people messing

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

5 nights of Garth. I think people are being caught up in the hype and just seem to want to go to it cos everyone else is. Most attending won't have a clue about his songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

How can ticketmaster announce all dates are sold out? I just had a look and was offered a seat in block 722, row p for Tuesday night.

I'd say there are thousands of tickets left.

A V A wrote: »
    yes . . . . . . . . . . . by an over excited fan thats over thinking things and reading to much into it , trying to stur up lies spread by people messing

I have no problem being over excited... Garth hasn't been seen here since 97. I'm bound to be excited. Seems like sour grapes from you. First u ask me to sell my tickets and then you go on about stirring lies. Why would I sell my tickets. I went online like everyone else and got them. I'll go 10 nights if I feel like it. Or would that be selfish. I'm following the news of GB, and re posting on a GB thread.. Whatever next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

How can ticketmaster announce all dates are sold out? I just had a look and was offered a seat in block 722, row p for Tuesday night.

I'd say there are thousands of tickets left.

There seems to be only a selection of single seated tickets available. Trying for 2 or more brings up nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

Wonder is it worth leaving the hotel booking till closer the time in the hope that people who didn't get tickets cancel their rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,398 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

drinking a load of drink at concerts makes for an expensive time plus you would be spending half the gig going to the bathroom

I paid 6.30 for a bottle of cider recently in the aviva and id imagine it will be similar prices in croke park

please god i probly have 1 or 2 drinks at the show but i enjoy concerts more 100% sober

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What's the chances of parking anywhere near Croke Park?

I'm probably going to be staying a fair bit out of the city, as all the central places are a fortune.

Planning to come down (from Donegal) early on the Sunday and just park somewhere in the afternoon around 1 or 2 and spend a few hours in the city beforehand.

Any recommendations for all day parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

DrPhilG wrote: »

I'm probably going to be staying a fair bit out of the city, as all the central places are a fortune.

Planning to come down (from Donegal) early on the Sunday and just park somewhere in the afternoon around 1 or 2 and spend a few hours in the city beforehand.

Airport maybe? It was the first p[lace on the northside that came into my head

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

DrPhilG wrote: »

Only other concert I was on croke park for was Westlife back in 09 (I think) and clonliff college was open for parking. It's great as its right beside croke park and was €10 to park in it all day, we plan to do the same this time around again as we staying out in malahide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

I'm so confident that these concerts will go ahead that I will eat my garth brooks Tshirt and hoodie if it doesn't. They are worth to much money for Dublin as a whole for them not to award a licence. Similar problems have happened at other concerts over last few years and everyone of them have went ahead. Aiken will have some agreement with the residents over them. They can't be to surprised they were over twitter last week saying was going to be a 4th date and maybe more so been common knowledge to some of them. It always seems to be the same RA who is complaining all the time would suit them better if they could find a way to use these concerts to their advantage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

lemmno wrote: »
    Wonder is it worth leaving the hotel booking till closer the time in the hope that people who didn't get tickets cancel their rooms?

what night are u going? because i cancelled 3 different hotels yesterday, so there might be one available

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement