Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭whats_my_name

A V A wrote: »
    apologies for that but 95% of people from the country i have met and dealt with have this attitude , i use to work in retail too and they were the exact same , minus the p*ssing every where :P

No offence taken at all! I was on the red luas line a few months ago & it was not a pretty sight but I try not to base my opinion of an entire population based on a few experiences!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

No offence taken at all! I was on the red luas line a few months ago & it was not a pretty sight but I try not to base my opinion of an entire population based on a few experiences!

lol i would rather get a mortgage to get a car and wait 5 years rather than get the red luas line lol the green line tho is a different story

i basically lived and grew up in that part of town so im not basing it on seeing 10 poeple from the country im basing it on 20 plus years of seeing what happens around matches and concerts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

That's it. Not everybody will be out to cause havoc.
    Can I ask something please?

How did people get on queueing?

I queued the night before last in Galway. It was a good night and the crowd were lovely. All looking out for each other. One lovely lady passed around tins of roses. Another lady went down the queue in the morning with a bin bag asking for rubbish and collecting it. There was no sh1tting and p1ssing in the streets either. There were public toilets up the road in Eyre Square and we went about minding each others places in the queue. They were a lovely bunch of people and there was no fighting or anything.

i got on perfectly well queuing, the nicest bunch of folks i've met :D they all made the 4 hours that i was queuing with my friend a breeze. and there all going up on the monday and tuesday. people were minding each others places, plenty of singing going on, obviously Garth Brooks fans. so obviously AVA has had some bad experiences. what i said about the croke park residence earlier in this thread.... seriously why move to an area where there's a big stadium that holds 80,000 people?

Look if they feel there entitled to complain, fine let them complain, but all i'm saying is, that there are gonna be a lot of peeved off garth brook fans who either spent hours online or queued up for days to get Garth Brooks tickets. it's not like he's going to be playing until an ungodly hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

I'll put my hands up and admit that I would p!ss anywhere! The joys of being a farmer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Being from Kerry, I feel a need to reply to some of the comments on here. Some of the generalising and small mindedness from a couple of posters the last few pages is crazy.

I have had a few bad experiences in Dublin, including being physically assaulted once, but I don't go round saying all Dubs are nackers or scumbags or syringe wielding junkies. I like Dublin, I try and visit 4 or 5 times a year with my girlfriend even after the bad experiences I have had through the years. I have never been to Dublin for a match as I don't follow the GAA. For the most part I find Dublin and the people of Dublin very open and friendly. Just like everyone from the country isn't a farmer or a Bulmers guzzling alco who sh!ts and p!sses against peoples houses in the "big schmoke".

I have been going to concerts since I was 15 and have never touched a drop of alcohol or taken a p!ss anywhere other than a proper toilet when attending a gig. In my opinion you pay too much money for a ticket to get sloshed and not enjoy the day as much. Even in Slane last year when everyone around me was drinking I had none and had a great day.

Don't tar all us "country bumpkins" with the one brush cos there are some genuine people living outside of your amazing city, if you'd believe it. Even after being physically assaulted I still return to Dublin cos I know the good, hard working, decent people far out weigh the junkie scum we see in the media. Same way the nice, genuine folk outweigh the country idiots.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

There's also parking in O'Connells schools, just behind Croke Park off the NCR

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭docmartin

misslt wrote: »
    Just watched the dvd of the last croker gig.

ohmygod July can't come fast enough.

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

docmartin wrote: »
    ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope he goes crowd surfing again and I get to feel his ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

From http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/gaa-rules-out-sixth-croke-park-concert-for-garth-brooks-29991789.html
    THE GAA has ruled out a sixth Garth Brooks concert in Croke Park.

A total of 400,000 have snapped up tickets to see the country crooner play an unprecedented five nights at the stadium.

But last night a spokesperson said the GAA have ruled out another gig.

Meanwhile concerns have been raised over the dates that Brooks will play at GAA headquarters next July, as the five sell-out concerts are scheduled for the week in between crucial football fixtures.

The concerts will be on the week following the Leinster football final and the week prior to the All-Ireland football quarter-finals.

Should the result of the Leinster final on July 20 be a draw and forced to a replay, the GAA are facing a scheduling nightmare as Brooks is set to occupy the stadium the following week from July 25 until July 29.

• Advertisement

i have a pitch ticket. so bring it on:D

have the tape cassette of his concert in 1997, i'm gonna have to buy the dvd version, because i'm pretty sure that tape is kinda run down at the stage :o

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i have a pitch ticket. so bring it on:D

have the tape cassette of his concert in 1997, i'm gonna have to buy the dvd version, because i'm pretty sure that tape is kinda run down at the stage :o

If you can get the new boxset from America, it has a dvd with him playing at the Wynn Las Vegas. Its just him and his guitar.

Its worth it for the dvd alone. Its way better than the 1997 concert, I think. Its brilliant anyway.

After watching the dvd, would love to see him in the O2 with just him and his guitar. Thats a hint if any promotors are reading this.

If you can get the new boxset from America, it has a dvd with him playing at the Wynn Las Vegas. Its just him and his guitar.

Its worth it for the dvd alone. Its way better than the 1997 concert, I think. Its brilliant anyway.

After watching the dvd, would love to see him in the O2 with just him and his guitar. Thats a hint if any promotors are reading this.

is the boxset different in the states to what we have here?

hopefully it's not the same concert that was on cbs a couple of months ago. have watched that so many times on YouTube. i love him just playing the guitar :D he's amazing.

seriously we're gonna be more hyper come june and july.

what days are you going?

is the boxset different in the states to what we have here?

hopefully it's not the same concert that was on cbs a couple of months ago. have watched that so many times on YouTube. i love him just playing the guitar :D he's amazing.

seriously we're gonna be more hyper come june and july.

what days are you going?

We dont have the boxset here, Blame it All On My Roots. I dont know why. But I got it on ebay for xmas.

But the dvd is similar to this.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yXyrFjsbVfQ

Its mighty.

Im already hyper. Im going the Friday night, went mad last weekend and bought tickets of ebay for the Sunday. Then I got Monday and Tuesday tickets this week. Im on the lookout for Saturday tickets! Seriously, can you ever get enough of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

MOD NOTE:
    Threre is still way too much bickering and backbiting going on in this thread. The battle of regionality is not a topic for this thread anymore. This is a Music forum. Some posters in this thread are bringing a lot of scrutiny down on themselves and it won't end well. This entire thread has been a serious amount of work for the mods of the forum and I will not see it continue to be so. I will lock the thread down and issue a blanket ban on anyone I see to be causing a disturbance.

Now, for pity sake, get back to the topic of Garth Brook and leave petty bickering out of it.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

We dont have the boxset here, Blame it All On My Roots. I dont know why. But I got it on ebay for xmas.

Its mighty.

Im already hyper. Im going the Friday night, went mad last weekend and bought tickets of ebay for the Sunday. Then I got Monday and Tuesday tickets this week. Im on the lookout for Saturday tickets! Seriously, can you ever get enough of him?

the boxset is out in Golden discs for 60 euro. there are 6 cds and 2 DVD's

if i had the money i would go to all five, selling my one for sunday, because i don't want to go on my own to be honest. i'm going monday, have the pitch monday and lower hogan stand on tuesday. should be sorted.

Old Goat, i will only talk about Garth Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

the boxset is out in Golden discs for 60 euro. there are 6 cds and 2 DVD's

I got it from Amazon form $31 including delivery.

Great show from Vegas, really different, even my oh enjoyed it!
    Just a one man show, talking about his musical influences. with a few songs here and there.

Tazzer wrote: »
    I got it from Amazon form $31 including delivery.

Great show from Vegas, really different, even my oh enjoyed it!
    Just a one man show, talking about his musical influences. with a few songs here and there.

wow, it's 60 euro here. right, i'm gonna be doing a little saving. because no way am i paying 60 euro when i can get on amazon for that, seriously 22 euro looks so much better

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You will be banned until after the GB gigs from now on people that ignore any of the mod notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

wow, it's 60 euro here. right, i'm gonna be doing a little saving. because no way am i paying 60 euro when i can get on amazon for that, seriously 22 euro looks so much better

sorry just checked and it was $31+delivery (must have been v excited and thought it was free!

Anyway worked out at 27 euro , so still a lot cheaper.
    Took about 2 weeks for delivery.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GYAP848/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement

Tazzer wrote: »
    sorry just checked and it was $31+delivery (must have been v excited and thought it was free!

Anyway worked out at 27 euro , so still a lot cheaper.
    Took about 2 weeks for delivery.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GYAP848/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Damn, I think I spent around €75 from ebay before xmas.

Ah well, it was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Its mighty.

I think you might be his biggest fan here!

max life wrote: »
    I think you might be his biggest fan here!

I really am.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Is the Croke Park 97 gig on dvd? Or is there anywhere I can watch it online?

The excitement is building :D

Cherrycoke wrote: »

It was on youtube a couple of weeks ago.

Its in the entertainer boxset anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Cherrycoke wrote: »

You get it on the Entertainer DVD Boxset
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Entertainer_(DVD)
    Its on Disc 4: Ireland and Back (1997)

I got mine on Ebay years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Thanks lads, I'm off to eBay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I saw the Blame It All On My Roots boxset in Eason's of Limerick yesterday - US import for €55. They only had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rickycagni

Hey everybody, im from italy and i will be on sunday at the concert and i have 2 pitch standing tickets. I saw that doors open at 18.00. At What time do you guess i have to go to the stadium and queue for being near the stage?
    Im not practise in this thing, its my First big concert ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

Maire2009 wrote: »
    I saw the Blame It All On My Roots boxset in Eason's of Limerick yesterday - US import for €55. They only had one.

Hey ya seen this in hmv in limerick for 55 euro also us import good few left good deal looking at with all the pack has dvd will need a multi region player tho just to warn you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement