Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

noooooo the las vegas concert is gone too :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Check out dailymotion for videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Hi,

Where in the stadium would be the best place to have seating tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Tilikum wrote: »
    Hi,

Where in the stadium would be the best place to have seating tickets?

Anywhere. It's FIVE sold out shows. Every ticket is a good ticket

dobman88 wrote: »
    Anywhere. It's FIVE sold out shows. Every ticket is a good ticket

As Neil Delamare said last night, Garth Brooks tickets is the new currency.

• Advertisement

so very very true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I still wouldn't hold your breath on these shows, the local residents have made it effectively a local election issue and the 11 local members of Dublin City Council will be blocking the licence unless a whole bunch of strict conditions are met, conditions I dont believe Croke Park and the promoter can fulfil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I still wouldn't hold your breath on these shows, the local residents have made it effectively a local election issue and the 11 local members of Dublin City Council will be blocking the licence unless a whole bunch of strict conditions are met, conditions I dont believe Croke Park and the promoter can fulfil.

Any info on these conditions? Apart from the standard over by half 10 and no queuing before half 4 so the residents aren't trapped all day..

I was going to reply but ill hold off cause im so mad at the above.

But if they dont go ahead, ill camp outside croke park and protest.

I was going to reply but ill hold off cause im so mad at the above.

But if they dont go ahead, ill camp outside croke park and protest.

The first 3 will go ahead no problem, it's the last 2 which the residents are, rightly in a lot of respects, annoyed at.
    They will go ahead, aiken will give the residents what they want though, even if it means a ten o clock curfew.

Every single concert in this country comes with a 'subject to licence' tag.. It's just a risk you take when you buy tickets. 99.9% of the time they go ahead. Slipknot in the early 00's is one if the few times I think a,license wasn't granted(open to correction on if even this was the case btw), can't think of any in real recent memory when the promoters haven't clambered to get the residents on board..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭bren2001

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The first 3 will go ahead no problem, it's the last 2 which the residents are, rightly in a lot of respects, annoyed at.
    They will go ahead, aiken will give the residents what they want though, even if it means a ten o clock curfew.

Every single concert in this country comes with a 'subject to licence' tag.. It's just a risk you take when you buy tickets. 99.9% of the time they go ahead. Slipknot in the early 00's is one if the few times I think a,license wasn't granted(open to correction on if even this was the case btw), can't think of any in real recent memory when the promoters haven't clambered to get the residents on board..

It is all 5 that are under question. There are a total of 8 gigs in Croke Park, 3 1D and 5 of these. The curfew is also 11 not 10.30.

All the concerts will go ahead. Aiken and the GAA will have this sorted out long before it comes up to the courts.

bren2001 wrote: »
    It is all 5 that are under question. There are a total of 8 gigs in Croke Park, 3 1D and 5 of these. The curfew is also 11 not 10.30.

All the concerts will go ahead. Aiken and the GAA will have this sorted out long before it comes up to the courts.
    By that logic the College NFL game is the same.. My reading was the RA were fine with first 3..
    Curfew for entire stadium is 11, as in people must be out by that time. 9\10 music stops approx half 10 10:45, this won't be any different.

You cchoose to live beside one I'd Europe's biggest,stadia.. Surely it comes with the package..

By that logic the College NFL game is the same.. My reading was the RA were fine with first 3..
    Curfew for entire stadium is 11, as in people must be out by that time. 9\10 music stops approx half 10 10:45, this won't be any different.

You cchoose to live beside one I'd Europe's biggest,stadia.. Surely it comes with the package..

The planning permission states that there can be 3 non sporting events held in Croke Park each year. Some people have mentioned the American Football game, I don't think it is included but it may not fall in the category of the sporting games that can be held without obtaining approval (I personally don't think it is included in the issue).

The residents are objecting to all 8 concerts saying that only 3 can be held without Aiken having to sit back down with them.

That is how the curfew works all right. Very few people go close to 11.

I agree that Croke Park has been there for long enough for residents to move if they were sick of the constraints of living beside it. In their defence, the agreement is 3 non sporting events and Aiken have gone outside of this. I think Aiken should be allowed hold a concert there every night if they wanted to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

That's a good point actually. How is the NCAA game going ahead in September with no problems if croke park have used all their dates up with one direction.

This is simply the residents trying to get all they can out of croke park and the promoters. Never heard much complaining with Dublin gaa decided to play league games in croke park meaning the gaa season started in the stadium 4 months earlier than usual. They know what they are in for living beside a stadium in the top 5 largest in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

Is it ok to ask how often do ticketmaster release extra tickets for gigs like these?? is it a few weeks before when the stage etc. is all known and set up is confirmed, also i read it somewhere the the RA re-negotiated terms for a possible U2 gig few years back that never happened correct me if i'm wrong on that! They'll get some extra restrictions but thats about it, next time don't move next to a 80000 capacity stadium if your want a peaceful life!!

Is it ok to ask how often do ticketmaster release extra tickets for gigs like these?? is it a few weeks before when the stage etc. is all known and set up is confirmed, also i read it somewhere the the RA re-negotiated terms for a possible U2 gig few years back that never happened correct me if i'm wrong on that! They'll get some extra restrictions but thats about it, next time don't move next to a 80000 capacity stadium if your want a peaceful life!!

They almost always release extra tickets closer to the date. I would be stunned if they didn't this time.

Yeah, they are always released as "production tickets". If you believe them on that, they are tickets that are reserved for Garth Brooks, the production team, people with a 3rd party interest like Heiniken etc.

If you follow the thread, it will be posted up here when it is announced by somebody. Sometimes, it can be quite a low key announcement other times they have a TV ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ringerbell wrote: »
    That's a good point actually. How is the NCAA game going ahead in September with no problems if croke park have used all their dates up with one direction.
    NCAA was announced WAY before all the concerts.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    NCAA was announced WAY before all the concerts.

One direction concerts were announced before this game and they are using up the 3 dates croke park are allowed to use

One direction concerts were announced before this game and they are using up the 3 dates croke park are allowed to use

Game was announced months before 1D

Game was announced months before 1D

NCAA was announced last July on the day of the Leinster Final. One Direction was announced towards the end of May. So One Direction would have been announced first if my dates are correct.

One Direction added a date in September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

bren2001 wrote: »
    NCAA was announced last July on the day of the Leinster Final. One Direction was announced towards the end of May. So One Direction would have been announced first if my dates are correct.

One Direction added a date in September.

Well if CP is allowed 3 non-sporting events, then the NCAA game wont use up one of those events.

I think the gigs will all go ahead, just tighter restrictions on Monday and Tuesday nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I read the most funniest comment on after hours and it went something like this:

Ireland spent millions trying to make 2013 and the gathering a success and an American country & western singer does it in 5 days.

Mushy wrote: »
    Well if CP is allowed 3 non-sporting events, then the NCAA game wont use up one of those events.

I think the gigs will all go ahead, just tighter restrictions on Monday and Tuesday nights.

I was of the opinion when they said non sporting evens that included non gaa events. I may be wrong but remember reading comments from residents that mentioned potential rugby games being played as well (Heineken cup semi final maybe) and how that was more events happening that wasnt included in the stadium agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Does anyone know when to expect the tickets for Monday/Tuesday?

I read the most funniest comment on after hours and it went something like this:

Ireland spent millions trying to make 2013 and the gathering a success and an American country & western singer does it in 5 days.

:p one one hand I'm disgusted, all my hours greeting being an ambassador for the gathering, when all we could have done is got garth to come over sooner :D:D on the other hand, i'm thrilled because it means more tourists will come over and tourism will be booming this summer.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Mushy wrote: »

There's a mighty fuss over in after hours where nothing seems to be good enough. Some people acknowledged the issues raised and suggested measures that could perhaps be implemented like banning parking around croke park for the events to combat traffic and parking problems. I addressed the anti social issues that were raised and suggested could croke park perhaps limit alcohol to help reduce the likeihood on that side of things. Everything has been shot down and there's wish washy excuses like being locked into their own homes. You'd swear us concert goers are the new black and tans. Someone else suggested moving concert times to an earlier slot. Still not good enough for some.

It appears to me that nothing short of cancelling these concerts will be good enough for them.

Croker park and aikan will have a proper battle.

I do hope that the concerts go ahead and if they do people are mindful and respectful of people and their surroundings come July.

On a different note, my sister went to adverts and was lucky to come across standing tickets (2) for the saturday nights concerts. The seller has put up on new batch of tickets today. He was selling 4 yesterday or two days ago and there's five more going today. The high number from him is giving me doubts.

There's a mighty fuss over in after hours where nothing seems to be good enough. Some people acknowledged the issues raised and suggested measures that could perhaps be implemented like banning parking around croke park for the events to combat traffic and parking problems. I addressed the anti social issues that were raised and suggested could croke park perhaps limit alcohol to help reduce the likeihood on that side of things. Everything has been shot down and there's wish washy excuses like being locked into their own homes. You'd swear us concert goers are the new black and tans. Someone else suggested moving concert times to an earlier slot. Still not good enough for some.

It appears to me that nothing short of cancelling these concerts will be good enough for them.

Croker park and aikan will have a proper battle.

I do hope that the concerts go ahead and if they do people are mindful and respectful of people and their surroundings come July.

On a different note, my sister went to adverts and was lucky to come across standing tickets (2) for the saturday nights concerts. The seller has put up on new batch of tickets today. He was selling 4 yesterday or two days ago and there's five more going today. The high number from him is giving me doubts.
    These concerts will go ahead no matter what the residents say. Even if they go to court Aiken/croke park will be able to hire the best lawyers etc and defeat the residents, would be in the residents best interest to strict a deal before going to the courts as they may be able to have some of their demands met

These concerts will go ahead no matter what the residents say. Even if they go to court Aiken/croke park will be able to hire the best lawyers etc and defeat the residents, would be in the residents best interest to strict a deal before going to the courts as they may be able to have some of their demands met

it it goes to court, the concerts are cancelled straight away.. the residents are full;y int he right to challenge these..

if it goes to court Aiken don't have a leg to stand on, complete opposite of wha you said, its in Aikens best interest for a deal.

Mr.S wrote: »
    No way this will see a court room.

Aiken (and the residents) aren't stupid ;)
    I agree with you and I don't think the concerts will be cancelled straight away like was implied above. From my understanding that isn't how court cases work and injunctions similarly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,684 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

There's a mighty fuss over in after hours where nothing seems to be good enough

In fairness, you were calling them a bunch of dry cnuts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement