Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

His wynn dvd from las vagas and filmed only last summer is brillant. He got better with age.

He loves performing and does it with passion. You can see it in his face - in his eyes and smile. His hands too. When the crowd sings along it looks like he wants to reach out and grasp it and take it all in.

PS. His gorgeous wife Trisha is amazing and they do some duets like:

In Anothers Eyes
    The Call (i think).

In Anothers Eyes is powerful and beautiful.

ugh i love The Call :cool: and In Another's Eyes is just awesome as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

This is a piece from the Irish independent:

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/locals-threaten-legal-action-over-garth-gigs-30008638.html

From the hereld.ie
    http://www.herald.ie/news/legal-action-threat-over-garth-brooks-concerts-30007147.html

From reading these, I gather that if licenses for the concerts are granted, the residents will be seeking an injunction from the courts.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    In 2008 I went to the 5th of 5 concerts in two days!

He played a 5pm and 9pm gig Friday
    Then a 1pm, 5pm and 9pm gig Saturday night

Still sounded good and plenty of energy come gig number 5. He'll be fine

I wonder would something like this work here. Say for example the Friday evening concert goes ahead and then have two concerts on the Saturday and Sunday and then cancel out Monday and Tuesday. I wonder would something like this go down well down at Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I wonder would something like this work here. Say for example the Friday evening concert goes ahead and then have two concerts on the Saturday and Sunday and then cancel out Monday and Tuesday. I wonder would something like this go down well down at Croker.

Wouldn't be allowed - too many health and safety issues to allow two concerts in a day.

Sunbabe,

Your wish might come true just yet. Fair play to Cork.

http://thecork.ie/2014/02/11/garth-brooks-welcome-in-cork-if-croker-has-to-say-no/

• Advertisement

Sunbabe,

Your wish might come true just yet. Fair play to Cork.

http://thecork.ie/2014/02/11/garth-brooks-welcome-in-cork-if-croker-has-to-say-no/

:D:D:D Cork City is much Better anyway.

MOD: Warning issued.
    Posters were told to keep this discussion to the music. Location based snipping is not what this forum is for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

The brother is going all out for this concert. He ordered this today https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=533948823386711&set=a.530864073695186.1073741828.530591173722476&type=1&theater think it will look great in croke park in July

Ringerbell wrote: »
    The brother is going all out for this concert. He ordered this today https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=533948823386711&set=a.530864073695186.1073741828.530591173722476&type=1&theater think it will look great in croke park in July

Just for the mods I couldn't upload the picture which is why added the link. If its not allowed please delete

rubadub wrote: »
    I was mentioning this before, and in other threads. It was U2 doing 3 gigs that year, and to get the 3rd was a big deal at the time. Take That also played in 2009, just 1 gig before U2, so thats why I think the extra U2 was a big deal, as it was already up to their 3 gig limit per year. Before 2009 there were never more than 3 per year (well wiki only lists back to 96)

Now this year 1 direction already have 3 gigs, taking up the previous "penciled in" limit of 3. Some would think GB was very lucky to get a single gig planned, let alone 5 in a row. 8 gigs, nearly 3 times the previous supposed limit.

The promoters are sneaky bastards, knowing they are getting someone else to now look like the bad guy, in the hope it will be allowed rather than cause huge upset. If they do get banned I hope people will be moaning more about the promoters and not the residents.

Outside here I hope

Aiken Promotions
    Address:
    24 Holles Street
    Dublin 2
    Republic of Ireland

its like a visiting drunken uncle promising his nephews they can stay up till 2am and eat all the chocolate they want, and then fecking off home at 9pm to leave the parents deal with it.

My understanding is that whatever issues the residents surrounding Croke Park have lies squarely with Croke Park.

What involvement, if any, did Aiken Promotions have in relation to an agreement made back in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

This is just the residents blowing smoke for their slice of a very lucrative pie. Once the price is right the residents won't be heard from again.

The tickets generated something crazy like €15-€20 million so the residents obviously want their cut. Concerts won't be cancelled.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭stupid head

dobman88 wrote: »

The tickets generated something crazy like €15-€20 million so the residents obviously want their cut. Concerts won't be cancelled.

€26.1 Million. Was in an article during the wk.

GAA get just shy of 4 of that.

Yeah, that's a very reliable news source :rolleyes: I'd say Reuters and Sky News are really worried.

Also, doesn't mention the word "scumbag" once. More sensationalism for no reason.

160 days to garth brooks:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mentions of the word "scumbag" in the article?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lukehandypants

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    160 days to garth brooks:cool::cool:

Or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭james66

Just got tickets to tomorrowland and Garth Brooks July is going to be amazing :D

Mr.S wrote: »
    I agree, the issue is with CROKE PARK and the residents.

Croke Park has allowed Aiken to put on the shows in the stadium, so the issue is not with the promoter.

I'll eat my hat if the gigs are cancelled tbh, the most I can see happening is Aiken putting on the shows earlier in the day, to have an earlier finishing time.

Perhaps enforcing strict no access to the area from fans going to Croker before, say 1hr before doors?

Or just move the shows to Kilkenny, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Belfast or something like that. Anyone who has a ticket goes to TM with it and gets a ticket for the nearest show to them and croke park and the poor residents can go take a jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Or just move the shows to Kilkenny, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Belfast or something like that. Anyone who has a ticket goes to TM with it and gets a ticket for the nearest show to them and croke park and the poor residents can go take a jump.
    I couldn't see that happening unless they provided a free bus service, and even then, I'd imagine they'd have to give a lot of refunds and they may not be able to resell all those tickets. As well as the fact it would have to go from being 5 shows to being like 10 or more, due to the reduced capacity of those stadiums. I just couldn't see that happening, cancelling the gigs would be less hassle.

I couldn't see that happening unless they provided a free bus service, and even then, I'd imagine they'd have to give a lot of refunds and they may not be able to resell all those tickets. As well as the fact it would have to go from being 5 shows to being like 10 or more, due to the reduced capacity of those stadiums. I just couldn't see that happening, cancelling the gigs would be less hassle.

Your sarcsm meter must not be working today. I was joking obviously. These concerts won't be cancelled. It is worth too much to the country financially

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I seriously cant wait for July.

I'm in a pub in Killarney with one guy and his guitar playing music. He is belting out loads of Garth, cannot wait for July

I'm in a pub in Killarney with one guy and his guitar playing music. He is belting out loads of Garth, cannot wait for July

I'm not sure about July. Croke Park has made one hell of a fúck up according to the thread happening in after hours.

A weight was lifted of my shoulders last week when I got tickets. I spent about two weeks before that being sick with nerves for the ticket buying process. News came out then not long after about residents surrounding croke park and I went right back into a dark pit. I feel so sick.

I'm not sure about July. Croke Park has made one hell of a fúck up according to the thread happening in after hours.

A weight was lifted of my shoulders last week when I got tickets. I spent about two weeks before that being sick with nerves for the ticket buying process. News came out then not long after about residents surrounding croke park and I went right back into a dark pit. I feel so sick.

Ah fcuk after hours. 90% trolls. There is no way these concerts will be cancelled. Tickets are worth 25mill alone. The residents just want their share and they will shut up. They are blowing hot air.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Johnny31

Cannot wait for July

I believe the concerts will go ahead and would advise all garth brooks fans not to panic at this stage. Also try keep calm on the after hours thread don't want to give wrong impression of garth fans

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ringerbell wrote: »
    I believe the concerts will go ahead and would advise all garth brooks fans not to panic at this stage. Also try keep calm on the after hours thread don't want to give wrong impression of garth fans

Anyone that uses AH as a source of anything but entertainment is very misguided.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

I seriously cant wait for July.
    I think all of Boards knows that already :p

lordgoat wrote: »
    Anyone that uses AH as a source of anything but entertainment is very misguided.

Yeah I know that also but no point raising to certain trolls over on it

• Advertisement

Thank you Sunday world

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement