Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Thank you Sunday world

And thank you Sunday World again.

I bought three Sunday World papers today, just for this. One magazine will be sent to a fan on planetgarth. Maybe even possibly another. I'm still reading mine and enjoying it a lot.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Ah fcuk after hours. 90% trolls. There is no way these concerts will be cancelled. Tickets are worth 25mill alone. The residents just want their share and they will shut up. They are blowing hot air.

Thanks for this. I hope something gets sorted and sure, strings were pulled to get Garth Brooks in when he left his passport at home at the time of his announcement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Jason89

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Thank you Sunday world

Really looking forward to the concerts in July. Forgot to get the Sunday world today might get lucky tomorrow and the local shop hasn't thrown the ones they had left out. Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭secman

Buying 1 SUNDAY WORLD is so sad....buying 3 is very very very disturbing and not to mention Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Was really worried about the residents kicking up but they are getting very little media attention. The papers and news sites must have worked out that his concerts going ahead are much more valuable to them compared to a few being called off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

I am in the U.S. and interested in a copy if someone was/is able to get an extra copy of Sunday World please. Will pay cost of paper and postage to send parts pertaining to Garth to U.S. Would be most grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

secman wrote: »
    Buying 1 SUNDAY WORLD is so sad....buying 3 is very very very disturbing and not to mention Sad.

but but garth brook's Souvenir magazine. it has to be bought. although one drawback it comes without a poster. hello. don't souvenirs come with a poster these days? even though i'm now gone past that phase in my life :o

secman wrote: »

This is so funny and I laughed so much. It was a bit humiliating buying three alright but in my defense they weren't all for me. And it was worth it for the Garth Brooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Look what I just found. Garth Brooks on Kenny Live in 1995.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZdT1i5CofU

There's footage of his first night at The Point in 1994 and he was crying. Aww.

I think he was on Kenny Live in 1994 too. Sure, he definitely was, I think it was March 1994. It was the first time I ever heard a Garth Brooks song and I was hooked. Then the Sunday after the radio played a lot of Garth Brooks songs and I loved them all. I didn't realise that they were playing his music a lot was because he was playing at the point around the same time.

Christmas 94 and I got my first Walkman with The Hits.

He's just brilliant. I don't think I can say it enough but I can't wait.

squeal squeal :D:D:D singing probably my favourite and one of the only songs that i know off by heart. thanx hon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

I thought of this weeks ago and forgot to post. Someone mentioned (not sure if it was here or a different board) that they hoped this hysteria wouldn't translate into another line-dancing craze like in the 90s. Personally, I loved line-dancing (I'm really a pretty terrible dancer but I was never the worst one there :p:) ). Anyway, was listening to Double Live one day and remembered that there was a line-dance for Two Pina Coladas. Wouldn't it be great if someone managed to organise a flashmob style line-dance from the people standing on the pitch (assuming he played that)? If they can do it in Chicago for Oprah, they could do it in Dublin for Garth. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Misty Moon wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be great if someone managed to organise a flashmob style line-dance from the people standing on the pitch (assuming he played that)? If they can do it in Chicago for Oprah, they could do it in Dublin for Garth. :D
    Jesus wept.

That's the sort of idea if Americans did it we'd say "God that's awful".

Having enough trouble with all the naysayers without adding to the ammo

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Jesus wept.

That's the sort of idea if Americans did it we'd say "God that's awful".

Having enough trouble with all the naysayers without adding to the ammo

Ara who cares about the naysayers!!! We love Garth and we're going to enjoy his concerts-let the naysayers deal with it says I! A bitta line dancing never hurt anyone...other than my cousin, but that's another story... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Have many people got their tickets in the post yet that ordered from the ticketmaster website?

It won't feel real til I have the tickets in my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Have many people got their tickets in the post yet that ordered from the ticketmaster website?

Nope. I'm waiting on 6 total, 2 for Sunday, 2 for Monday and 2 for Tuesday. If it's getting too close to the date I will just ring TM but them having them makes me less likely to lose them tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dobman88 wrote: »
    Nope. I'm waiting on 6 total, 2 for Sunday, 2 for Monday and 2 for Tuesday. If it's getting too close to the date I will just ring TM but them having them makes me less likely to lose them tbh :pac:

i hit ticketfast by mistake on the app so dont have the option of getting a real ticket (I collect my tickets so im disapointed in not having a real ticket)

but is so scared the shows will be cancelled because the residents will win the legal battle. hopefully the shows will still go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

PTH2009 wrote: »

but is so scared the shows will be cancelled because the residents will win the legal battle. hopefully the shows will still go ahead

FOR THE LAST TIME!!! SHOWS WILL GO AHEAD!!!

Can people please stop sensationalising this. Do people really believe that any court would let 25-35 million leave the country in these times. When the residents get what they want they will back off.

lemmno wrote: »
    Ara who cares about the naysayers!!! We love Garth and we're going to enjoy his concerts-let the naysayers deal with it says I! A bitta line dancing never hurt anyone...other than my cousin, but that's another story... :D

pffft naysayers, if i listened to them, i wouldn't have been a westlife fan or a garth brooks fan. i endured the laughter when i was a teenager, and still didn't give two craps, so don't care now :D:D proud Garth Brook's fan forever and ever

Hiya, ordered lady gaga tickets this way before...got them about two weeks before the concert. Every concert is different by the looks of things but I was ages waiting for mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gigs like this (high demand) they usually don't send them out till close to the gig to make it tougher for touts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Mr.S wrote: »
    Don't they want the gigs to be called off :D?

But yeah I agree, these gigs will go ahead, the RA will come to some arrangement with Croke Park and there probably will be some promises like earlier finishing times, strict no queuing before a certain time, not let people near the stadium till a bit before doors etc etc

Croke Park will just pay to send the residents away for a week, they have done it before

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i hit ticketfast by mistake on the app so dont have the option of getting a real ticket (I collect my tickets so im disapointed in not having a real ticket)

Ticketfast means you get a print out?..

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Gigs like this (high demand) they usually don't send them out till close to the gig to make it tougher for touts

I know a few people who have got their tickets from DHL this week for the saturday night so they getting through them fast and early!! Picking mine up tonight can't wait!! :D

http://player.vimeo.com/video/59362542

While we at it found a nice version of the river link above

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

On another note, does anyone know where a copy of the original ireland and back video/dvd can be found not the one that comes with the entertainer collection as this has been re-edited to remove the american end and some songs i.e. the dance i'm sure was on it and i think he brought out his wife at the time, sandy, can't seem to find it anywhere online ideas anyone??

I know a few people who have got their tickets from DHL this week for the saturday night so they getting through them fast and early!! Picking mine up tonight can't wait!! :D

http://player.vimeo.com/video/59362542

While we at it found a nice version of the river link above

oh the voice. *swoon*

Wonder when the support act(s) will be announced?

lemmno wrote: »
    Wonder when the support act(s) will be announced?

It's Chris Gaines

EyesClosed wrote: »
    It's Chris Gaines

:D let's hope not!

• Advertisement

Look what I just found. Garth Brooks on Kenny Live in 1995.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZdT1i5CofU

There's footage of his first night at The Point in 1994 and he was crying. Aww.

I think he was on Kenny Live in 1994 too. Sure, he definitely was, I think it was March 1994. It was the first time I ever heard a Garth Brooks song and I was hooked. Then the Sunday after the radio played a lot of Garth Brooks songs and I loved them all. I didn't realise that they were playing his music a lot was because he was playing at the point around the same time.

Christmas 94 and I got my first Walkman with The Hits.

He's just brilliant. I don't think I can say it enough but I can't wait.

Thanks for this link. I watched this the night before last and loved it. Went back and tried to watch it again just there but it's been removed :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement