Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    squeal squeal :D:D:D singing probably my favourite and one of the only songs that i know off by heart. thanx hon

Well done at identifying your favourite song from Garth Brooks. I find it difficult to pick my favourite song because there are so many good songs from him, it's hard to pick one favourite.

lemmno wrote: »
    Wonder when the support act(s) will be announced?

I read in the papers last week that Nathan Carter is tipped to support him. I hope it is Nathan. I like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

Nathan Carter would be brilliant, he confirmed this week he hasn't been asked yet anyway but would be great if he was. Dunno if he's high profile enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

lemmno wrote: »
    Nathan Carter would be brilliant, he confirmed this week he hasn't been asked yet anyway but would be great if he was. Dunno if he's high profile enough though.

Support doesnt need to be high profile anymore now thats it sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

It would make my mother-in-law's night even better if Nathan carter was the support act!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭stupid head

Why does he/his team pull everything off youtube?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Why does he/his team pull everything off youtube?

This hurts my eyes. One question mark would suffice. But to answer your question, why should he let his talents be broadcast for free?

I hope Garth Brooks brings his gorgeous wife Trisha Yearwood with him and they do a duet together. In his Wynn dvd, they duet together for two songs and 'In Another's Eyes' is beautiful and very powerful.

dobman88 wrote: »
    This hurts my eyes. One question mark would suffice. But to answer your question, why should he let his talents be broadcast for free?

Because every other artist does it.. hes just money grabbing, plain and simple, theres no other excuse.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Because every other artist does it.. hes just money grabbing, plain and simple, theres no other excuse.

And why is it a bad thing to want to make money? Just because every other artist is at it doesn't mean he has to do it.

• Advertisement

And why is it a bad thing to want to make money? Just because every other artist is at it doesn't mean he has to do it.

They make money Off YouTube.. Quite a lot..

They make money Off YouTube.. Quite a lot..

So wouldn't that make every other artist money grabbing and not Brooks which kind of contradicts your original point.

So wouldn't that make every other artist money grabbing and not Brooks which kind of contradicts your original point.

No.. bevause other artists make their music freely available, and just gain revenue through the ads, not penalising their fans for being just that, fans..
    Garth instead, makes it not available, forcing fans to pay extra to gain access to his music..

I get that youre a super-fan,.but defending him for what is a silly thing to do.. jesus..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Well done at identifying your favourite song from Garth Brooks. I find it difficult to pick my favourite song because there are so many good songs from him, it's hard to pick one favourite.

out of every song that he has sung, i find this song more relatable than any other Garth brooks song. :D:D:D

No.. bevause other artists make their music freely available, and just gain revenue through the ads, not penalising their fans for being just that, fans..
    Garth instead, makes it not available, forcing fans to pay extra to gain access to his music..

I get that youre a super-fan,.but defending him for what is a silly thing to do.. jesus..

Not a super-fan at all, just enjoy his music. tbh we are having a pointless argument/debate that will go nowhere. Who cares how they make their money anyway.

And thanks for your help with Slane last year benny, I will no doubt have some questions for you closer to this gig too :)

Not a super-fan at all, just enjoy his music. tbh we are having a pointless argument/debate that will go nowhere. Who cares how they make their money anyway.

And thanks for your help with Slane last year benny, I will no doubt have some questions for you closer to this gig too :)
    Haha but pointless debates can be the most fun:p
    it's no bother at all and I'm always willing to help with gig issues, I look forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

Thanks for this link. I watched this the night before last and loved it. Went back and tried to watch it again just there but it's been removed :(

oh no, and I said I would watch it tonight, as hadn't had a chance to all week

Does anyone have another link - please let me know. I would be eternally grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

Ah forcing people to buy his cds and albums like should be done so he makes the money he deserves as apposed to letting you tube have them and only earning money off add revenue the same as any other video posted that gets a certain amount of hits so what's the silly part? His fans will buy the music

That goes for all artists btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

He would make a lot of money from youtube views if he did it right. A lot of Artists make more from YouTube than off of it. But he's very old schoold and doesn't really like it. Plus it increases demand for his CD's and concert tickets which artist like him use more as a measure of their success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Ah forcing people to buy his cds and albums like should be done so he makes the money he deserves as apposed to letting you tube have them and only earning money off add revenue the same as any other video posted that gets a certain amount of hits so what's the silly part? His fans will buy the music

That goes for all artists btw

He makes more money than any single person should be ever allowed to have. Don't worry he's not in need of a dig out and he'll be throwing another 20m into his piggy bank for doing a 5 night shift in croke park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

So many people mentioning Nathan Carter for support if he is the support I will definatly stay in the bar until brooks starts hate carter he is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I don't think there will be any support

I read some facebook comments on Nathan Carter and there's many that don't like him. I have pitch tickets for the Monday and Tuesday evening's concert. If Nathan Carter is going to repel the crowd a bit, that would be great so I can hopefully get up nice and close to the stage. I also like Nathan Carter, so double win.

Rock me Mama, like a wagon wheel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    He makes more money than any single person should be ever allowed to have.

lol, so now theirs a certain amount of money people are only "allowed" to have? no, people can have as much money as they want if they can make it i'm afraid

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Rock me Mama, like a wagon wheel
    sweet jesus, i had to endure that song on loop for almost a day once, it nearly drove me to go on a long long drinking binge lol, its an aweful song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

I read some facebook comments on Nathan Carter and there's many that don't like him. I have pitch tickets for the Monday and Tuesday evening's concert. If Nathan Carter is going to repel the crowd a bit, that would be great so I can hopefully get up nice and close to the stage. I also like Nathan Carter, so double win.

Rock me Mama, like a wagon wheel :)

Just had a listen to him. oh god, that voice sigh. have no problem listening to him, if it means i can get closer to the stage

Just got two pitch tickets for Friday night on ticketmaster ppl get on if u still need some! ! Just a tip only put in for two at anytime or they won't show up they probably have the pitch set up done so they have some extra space for all nights

wtf? there actually is. and there right by the stage.

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    wtf? there actually is. and there right by the stage.

Is it not just general and stand where you like?

• Advertisement

Is it not just general and stand where you like?

well hogan stand lower and upper tier, there's no pitch seats available

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement