Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

So he didn't actually sell out all tickets then..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Can anyone confirm what dates are actually sold out fully?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭bren2001

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm what dates are actually sold out fully?

All the dates are technically sold out. However, that does not mean TM have sold every ticket. With every big event that "sells out", more tickets end up trickling through when sponsors etc. don't take their full allocation. I would expect more tickets will go on sale in May/June for each night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Does anyone know when the Monday night tickets will be posted? I really wanted them for mothers day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Dancor wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the Monday night tickets will be posted? I really wanted them for mothers day.

When ticket master feel like it! May not be until just before the gig. Best bet is to print out the confirmation or just a note saying "you're going to see Garth Brooks!" to be honest :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

I'm in California, U.S., and I just received my tickets for Monday & Tuesday yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

I'm in California, U.S., and I just received my tickets for Monday & Tuesday yesterday.

Got my tickets for the Friday night today still waiting on the Sunday tickets tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

But at least i'll know for future and just wait.

We all went to a lot of trouble trying to explain this to you at the time but there was no talking to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My Saturday standing tickets arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Anyone receive tickets yet for the Monday or Tuesday gigs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I still have'nt got my tickets for the friday night show but it says they are been processed in my account, I hope thats good news

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Got my Tuesday tickets about 2 weeks ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

My Saturday tickets arrived recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Hi all, I'm just wondering where in the stadium would be the best place to have tickets for? If you were sitting, I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Tilikum wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm just wondering where in the stadium would be the best place to have tickets for? If you were sitting, I mean.

This is an honest answer: Anywhere in the stadium.

There will be massive screens and speakers and the stage will be massive. There is no such thing as a bad seat. I go to a lot of soccer games in England and I have been in different parts of stadiums from pitchside to the nose bleeds and every seat is good. Its only a stadium, they look bigger on tv :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Tilikum wrote: »
    If you could pick anywhere in the stadium, I reckon section 304/305, bout row P.

Closest you'll get to the stage, with still bout 45 degrees to stage rather than a side view. High enough to see over the standing section, but back far enough to be covered if it rains. Also I'd take Cusack over the Hogan as the Cusack gets the sun in the evening.

As another poster said tho, take what you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

dobman88 wrote: »
    This is an honest answer: Anywhere in the stadium.

There will be massive screens and speakers and the stage will be massive. There is no such thing as a bad seat. I go to a lot of soccer games in England and I have been in different parts of stadiums from pitchside to the nose bleeds and every seat is good. Its only a stadium, they look bigger on tv :)

Bit different between a gig and a match though - and I speak of experience of both. Play happens all over the field! I was at The Police in Croke Park a few years back - opposite end to the stage and you'd need binoculars to make out Sting.

Garth will be different because the atmosphere will be great but there is, of course, better seats.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

MCD announcement at 4pm today is meant to be in regards to these concerts.

It appears those protests on Hill 16 at the weekend are causing some concern!

I can see at least one of these being moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

lordgoat wrote: »

Is Garth not under Aiken?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

lordgoat wrote: »

Link to announcement or April fools? :p

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Link to announcement or April fools? :p

Yup, that's what I'm thinkin! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Application for licences for the events are due before DCC over the next 2 to 3 weeks. At that point it's up to the protesters to make their pleas to the Council - "any interested party to make observations on the proposed event to the local authority that is the licensing authority for such events"*

As of today only the One Direction application is in place. Link

*Dublin City Council Guidelines for Public Events Section 4.2 Licences and permissions.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Nothing under the news section on mcd website, www.mcd.ie

Its a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Thankfully, not something I find funny at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nothing under the news section on mcd website, www.mcd.ie

Its a joke

Why would the info about licence application be on mcd site?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mushy wrote: »
    Why would the info about licence application be on mcd site?

Read the previous 7 posts

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

As I expected, a cute April Fools Day joke. No big Garth Brooks MCD news. Nothing to see here, move along please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

how did anyone fall for it considering it was run by aiken

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

knew it was an april fools joke especially when i read words like
    This morning, the Irish Post made contact with a senior member of Garth’s entourage who said that despite being very excited about the gigs initially, Brooks now “couldn’t be arsed”

give me a break:rolleyes::rolleyes:

april fools day can PISS OFF now

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    how did anyone fall for it considering it was run by aiken

Exactly what I was thinking!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement