Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

I was lucky at getting tickets a few weeks back and I'm due to attend a few nights of Garth Brooks in July and looking forward to the concerts very much.

lemmno wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking!

I read lordgoats post this morning and I thought after reading it, maybe the Garth Brooks concerts would be moved to Slane because of what is going on with some of the croke park residents.

lordgoat wrote: »
    MCD announcement at 4pm today is meant to be in regards to these concerts.

It appears those protests on Hill 16 at the weekend are causing some concern!

I can see at least one of these being moved.

Well played, Sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Never seen people get so annoyed over an April fools joke!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

GenieOz wrote: »
    Never seen people get so annoyed over an April fools joke!

That's what makes it so good. That and the people who delete their posts after the realise they've been had.

Alas, as it stands the concerts are all going ahead. I do think the residents will kick up a bit of a fuss and I can def see where their coming form.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Got my tickets in the post this morning!! Yee-haw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I was lucky at getting tickets a few weeks back and I'm due to attend a few nights of Garth Brooks in July and looking forward to the concerts very much.

I read lordgoats post this morning and I thought after reading it, maybe the Garth Brooks concerts would be moved to Slane because of what is going on with some of the croke park residents.

never. ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

slane? eh no thank you. i've heard stories and not nice stories of long bus journey's, mud and no where to sit. excuse me but i like my comfort when i'm at a concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

There are still standing tickets available for the sunday night if people are looking. Ive just got some through the app.

edited to add that standing available for friday too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

viv2 wrote: »
    There are still standing tickets available for the sunday night if people are looking. Ive just got some through the app.

edited to add that standing available for friday too ;)

Are standing tickets for the sunday the only tickets left or can you get standing or sitting for any other days?

I searched using the app and the only available tickets are standing for friday and sunday. Did you try?

• Advertisement

I dreamt last night that I was at a few of these Garth Brooks concerts. I dreamt that he came on stage for 8.30, opened the show with Longneck Bottle, didn't sing any of his hit songs and left them all out of his show (as in The Dance, Unanswered Prayers, Friends in Low Places, The River, Standing outside the fire, etc). I dreamt that he was off the stage and it was all over by 9.45. I also dreamt that Croke Park was half empty because the majority of the tickets were up on donedeal. I also dreamt that I was due to attend for a fourth night on the Tuesday but Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights concerts were so bad, I didn't bother going to Tuesday night and went home early from my weekend in Dublin, crying.

I dreamt last night that I was at a few of these Garth Brooks concerts. I dreamt that he came on stage for 8.30, opened the show with Longneck Bottle, didn't sing any of his hit songs and left them all out of his show (as in The Dance, Unanswered Prayers, Friends in Low Places, The River, Standing outside the fire, etc). I dreamt that he was off the stage and it was all over by 9.45. I also dreamt that Croke Park was half empty because the majority of the tickets were up on donedeal. I also dreamt that I was due to attend for a fourth night on the Tuesday but Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights concerts were so bad, I didn't bother going to Tuesday night and went home early from my weekend in Dublin, crying.

:(:(:( sounds like a horrible nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Have you ever had premonitions like this before?

This is a very recent picture of Garth Brooks with George Strait.

Garth lost weight since his announcement back in Janaury and is looking very well and hot.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheTimMcGraw/status/453024937776009216/photo/1?screen_name=TheTimMcGraw

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Does anybody find my lil pup cute? This was taken last week, he was 1

MODS : Please leave this up as VERY relevent to the Garth Brooks gigs, will explain in a very short while

Anybody care to guess??

IMG_7421_zps26eb7f8c.jpg

Did he eat your tickets for garth???

viv2 wrote: »
    Did he eat your tickets for garth???

And we have a winner :(:(

20140418_180328_zps9fb64aca.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I love dogs but I wouldn't let them away with that. There would be war if they ate my Garth Brooks tickets.

scudzilla wrote: »

MODS : Please leave this up as VERY relevent to the Garth Brooks gigs, will explain in a very short while

Anybody care to guess??

IMG_7421_zps26eb7f8c.jpg

He looks cranky. Its me or Garth and i'll help you choose!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Anybody care to guess??

IMG_7421_zps26eb7f8c.jpg

You really are living up to your handle, by the look of the photo he's moved on to devouring your toys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭bren2001

They will reissue them for you.

Scudzilla

Your dog is gorgeous. Give him a rub from me. I laughed so much at your chewed up tickets. I'm sorry for laughing hard at your misfortune. It is very funny. What a cute doggie. I hope ticketmaster will be able to help you out and issue new tickets.
    You really are living up to your handle, by the look of the photo he's moved on to devouring your toys
    That's what I thought too. It's looks like he's chewing on dildo.

Does anyone know what day it is ?

Its 3 months and 1 week left when Garth Brooks first plays.

Woo Hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

how did he get near them? Did he discriminate against Garth?

Maybe your dog much prefers the hardcore honky tonk country like Ernest Tubb or Webb Pierce?:)

I'd say once you can give ticketmaster the booking reference number you got when buying the ticket, they should be able to give you replacements

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

I'd say once you can give ticketmaster the booking reference number you got when buying the ticket, they should be able to give you replacements

and show them this thread for proof, they may give you bonus tickets for making them laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

If the barcode is fine, so will you.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

This is officially the biggest thread I've ever started on boards haha :D

I read somewhere a week or two back about the proposed plans for July. Thursday 24 July between 5-7pm are rehearsals.

I'll be at that gig too. I mean, I have to rehearse too.

I read somewhere a week or two back about the proposed plans for July. Thursday 24 July between 5-7pm are rehearsals.

I'll be at that gig too. I mean, I have to rehearse too.

Is that the Vicar Street gig?

• Advertisement

interesting, a trip to dublin on thursday as well :D:D i'll be broke for the rest of the year, but i will be grand

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement