Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    listened to the albums, have had no time to watch the dvd, :(:( too up the walls trying to get assignments done.

Never mind the assignments, watch the DVD tonight. Its really good.

Actually, the dvd is probably region locked, meaning that it'll only play in the states and not on Irish dvd players/computers.

There's a way around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Can't imagine there's many who are STILL looking for tickets, but apparently there's more tickets on sale Friday morning.

Also on the ticketmaster homepage

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Missed-out-on-one-of-the-400000-Garth-Brooks-tickets-Fear-not-there-are-more-on-sale-this-week/257373.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Why are they only advertising the extra tickets now, ive been saying for weeks now thay are available. They are also releasing premium tickets at €80 each.

viv2 wrote: »
    Why are they only advertising the extra tickets now, ive been saying for weeks now thay are available. They are also releasing premium tickets at €80 each.

What are premium tickets?

They're more expensive at €80. Are they better? Do you get up closer to the man himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

They're more expensive at €80. Are they better? Do you get up closer to the man himself?

You get to the premium level in the Hogan and cusack.. So no..

• Advertisement

Just read on the one direction thread that they're due to cancel one of their gigs. The saturday night gig.

Will the croke park residents quieten down a bit now that one direction has cancelled one of their gigs.

Just read on the one direction thread that they're due to cancel one of their gigs. The saturday night gig.

Will the croke park residents quieten down a bit now that one direction has cancelled one of their gigs.

It's BS,
    thy're not,headlining in Glasgow, so will.perform early and then play Croker..
    EDIT: 1D on first in glasgow, All going ahead as planned
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/one-direction-kick-start-radio-3468656

After the local elections the residents will shut up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

If anyone ever wondered why musicians hire top security firms, just resd this thresd and you have your answer!

dobman88 wrote: »
    If anyone ever wondered why musicians hire top security firms, just resd this thresd and you have your answer!

Its not because of me :-) I swear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

yes, there will be security at the venue because of you. it's all because of you. :P

• Advertisement

Premium Level in Croke Park. Sold for GAA games to people on 10-year tickets, who have the option to buy the seats for Garth etc. If they say no thanks, then the tickets go on general sale.

Nice seats, between lower and upper tier, nicer bars close at hand, but not closer to Garth than standing

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Premium Level in Croke Park. Sold for GAA games to people on 10-year tickets, who have the option to buy the seats for Garth etc. If they say no thanks, then the tickets go on general sale.

Nice seats, between lower and upper tier, nicer bars close at hand, but not closer to Garth than standing

Is the overall view any better, or would the seats below and closer to the field be better?

Any other differences in the amenities on this level such as better food or beer choices?

Is the overall view any better, or would the seats below and closer to the field be better?

Any other differences in the amenities on this level such as better food or beer choices?
    View would be better than the seat directly above or below it. Below closer to the field but premium has a better angle.

Not sure about food/drink choices, didn't eat there the only time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

some news on the pitch tickets, there will be a pit so i'd imagine that 1st 2-3000 get the wristbands so be there early ppl!!

some news on the pitch tickets, there will be a pit so i'd imagine that 1st 2-3000 get the wristbands so be there early ppl!!

Im off now so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Link/source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

I have pitch tickets for the Sat, Sun, Mon and Tues concerts. The Sat and Sun tickets were bought on the secondhand market. The tickets look good and geniune. Hard copies bought and paid for in cash. Time and date of the selling of tickets look good. I should be ok but there's small niggling doubt at the back of my mind that the tickets may not be ok. You can't really trust 100% buying of the secondhand market.

Hopefully the tickets will be good for sat and sun and if not I'll pop up into the city in the hope of catching a riverdance performance.

I would love to get into the pit for one or two of the nights that I'm due to attend.
    How would one get into the pit? Croke park doesn't allow early queuing. I'll be staying in a dublin city hotel or hostel for 5 nights and my plan and it could change is to walk down to croke park at about 10 in the morning in the hope that they are handing out pit pass wristbands and after obtaining one, wander off for the day into the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I would love to get into the pit for one or two of the nights that I'm due to attend.
    How would one get into the pit? Croke park doesn't allow early queuing. I'll be staying in a dublin city hotel or hostel for 5 nights and my plan and it could change is to walk down to croke park at about 10 in the morning in the hope that they are handing out pit pass wristbands and after obtaining one, wander off for the day into the city.

Honestly, If you just want to get into the pit, 1 1/2 to 2 hours before gates open and you'll be grand. Security inside croker probably won't even be on at 10 in the morning, never mind handing out wristbands.

I have pitch tickets for the Sat, Sun, Mon and Tues concerts. The Sat and Sun tickets were bought on the secondhand market. The tickets look good and geniune. Hard copies bought and paid for in cash. Time and date of the selling of tickets look good. I should be ok but there's small niggling doubt at the back of my mind that the tickets may not be ok. You can't really trust 100% buying of the secondhand market.

Hopefully the tickets will be good for sat and sun and if not I'll pop up into the city in the hope of catching a riverdance performance.

Wristbands won't get handed out until hour or 2 before gates. Not a hope in holy hell will they be handed out at ten. Security won't even have them until 2/3.

pit is about 10% of total standing normally
    , there about 3ish you'll be fine for a pit pass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Where has it been stated, that there will be a pit area in place in the standing area?

I didn't notice any indication on ticketmaster's diagram of the layout of the pitch, or on Aiken's website, that a pit area is going to be put in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Where has it been stated, that there will be a pit area in place in the standing area?

I didn't notice any indication on ticketmaster's diagram of the layout of the pitch, or on Aiken's website, that a pit area is going to be put in place.

All outdoor gigs in ireland will have a contained section at the front to split the crowd, Purely for fire safety/security reasons. Never been at one that didn't.

There is always a pit, it's never put on the diagram because they're only used to help people buy tickets..

If there's no pit you've thousands of people all crushing against the one area.. Chaos insues

bennyl10 wrote: »
    There is always a pit, it's never put on the diagram because they're only used to help people buy tickets..

If there's no pit you've thousands of people all crushing against the one area.. Chaos insues

I was referring to this comment from paddyirish23:

"some news on the pitch tickets, there will be a pit so i'd imagine that 1st 2-3000 get the wristbands so be there early ppl!!"

paddyirish23, did not post a link to any official statement to the effect that there is definitely going to be a pit, as already highlighted by dobman88.

Did they receive information from Aiken or Ticketmaster or Croke Park, that there's going to be a barrier erected? If so, they didn't give any details.

If they did get this confirmation, fair enough, but otherwise all that results from such information, if it hasn't been confirmed by official bodies, is that people then start getting concerned as to how early they should queue in order to get near the front.

Already, there is speculation about what time wristbands will be handed out.

Does anyone have any confirmed information as to what time wristbands will be handed out, if, as stated by That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy, that early queueing is not permitted.

It's because of speculation, with no reference to official statements by the venue or concert organisers, that I asked about the source of the message that stated there is news that there is going to be a pit.

Every outdoor gig needs a pit, for security reasons, probably about a third to half the pitch.

They won't hand out wristbands outside, it'll just be first 1/3 of the people through the gate. I'd say landing in at the time the gates open would be grand for that.

No point in speculating any further at the moment - there's still 3 months to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I did the Croke park tour today. Can't express enough how much I LOVE Croke park. I'm in the lower Hogan stand for the 5th concert. I will b grand. Will b on the pitch for the 4th night. Sooooooo going to get there early. Seriously cannot wait for this concert :-) its gonna b freakin awesome

I was referring to this comment from paddyirish23:

"some news on the pitch tickets, there will be a pit so i'd imagine that 1st 2-3000 get the wristbands so be there early ppl!!"

paddyirish23, did not post a link to any official statement to the effect that there is definitely going to be a pit, as already highlighted by dobman88.

Did they receive information from Aiken or Ticketmaster or Croke Park, that there's going to be a barrier erected? If so, they didn't give any details.

If they did get this confirmation, fair enough, but otherwise all that results from such information, if it hasn't been confirmed by official bodies, is that people then start getting concerned as to how early they should queue in order to get near the front.

Already, there is speculation about what time wristbands will be handed out.

Does anyone have any confirmed information as to what time wristbands will be handed out, if, as stated by That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy, that early queueing is not permitted.

It's because of speculation, with no reference to official statements by the venue or concert organisers, that I asked about the source of the message that stated there is news that there is going to be a pit.

There is never an official statement regarding a pit.. It's just a done thing.. There will be one.. They won't give a statement either..

I work at security at events, and will possibly be working at this.. There will be a,pit.
    Passes will be given out to the first dew thousand.
    Aiken or MCD for that matter will never issue a statement saying a pit is there..
    Its common knowledge..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    There is never an official statement regarding a pit.. It's just a done thing.. There will be one.. They won't give a statement either..

I work at security at events, and will possibly be working at this.. There will be a,pit.
    Passes will be given out to the first dew thousand.
    Aiken or MCD for that matter will never issue a statement saying a pit is there..
    Its common knowledge..

I know that Aiken or MCD tend not to issue statements regarding pits at outdoor gigs.

That was one of the reasons that I asked paddyirish23 what was the source of the information that there was "some news on the pitch tickets, there will be a pit".

It was also stated by paddyirish23 that "i'd imagine that 1st 2-3000 get the wristbands"

Does anyone know for certain, what the capacity of the pit is?

Can anyone confirm, from what time are pitch ticket holders allowed to queue.

(It was mentioned in a post above, that Croke Park does not permit early queueing)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

I know that Aiken or MCD tend not to issue statements regarding pits at outdoor gigs.

That was one of the reasons that I asked paddyirish23 what was the source of the information that there was "some news on the pitch tickets, there will be a pit".

It was also stated by paddyirish23 that "i'd imagine that 1st 2-3000 get the wristbands"

(It was mentioned in a post above, that Croke Park does not permit early queueing)
    Ring Aiken promotions. Ask to speak to one of the production team for the Garth Brooks shows and ask they what the script is.

Of course, they could easily tell you to f**k off. But, I imagine they will help you out......

For 1D its No queuing prior to gates.. So In reality an hour before gates open.. Like at that stage they won't turn people away from queuing.

Capacity of the pit won't be decided until most closer, differs,for every gig depending on size of stage and size of crowd, along with what the artist themselves want. (some acts want tiny intimate pits as allowed, whole others like them.to be massive)

As a rule it's between 10 and 30% of standing Capacity.

• Advertisement

I can confirm that Jones' Road is a public road so you can wander up right now if ya like and start queing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement