Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I can confirm that Jones' Road is a public road so you can wander up right now if ya like and start queing

And the guards will kindly ask you to move or be disturbing the peace.. Also it's cold :p

An hour before gates is norm when they say 'no queuing' and at that stage you'll certainly get a pit pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

cabledude wrote: »
    Ring Aiken promotions. Ask to speak to one of the production team for the Garth Brooks shows and ask they what the script is.

Of course, they could easily tell you to f**k off. But, I imagine they will help you out......

The point I made was that it was stated earlier by a poster that they received news regarding the provision of a pit, but did not include from whom they received the information.

It has since been indicated that promoters tend not to release official statements regarding the use of pits at gigs, so my original query was about the source of this news.

The point I made was that it was stated earlier by a poster that they received news regarding the provision of a pit, but did not include from whom they received the information.

It has since been indicated that promoters tend not to release official statements regarding the use of pits at gigs, so my original query was about the source of this news.

Source would be nothing more than attending previoy
    previous gigs held in ireland im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

bennyl10 wrote: »
    For 1D its No queuing prior to gates.. So In reality an hour before gates open.. Like at that stage they won't turn people away from queuing.

Capacity of the pit won't be decided until most closer, differs,for every gig depending on size of stage and size of crowd, along with what the artist themselves want. (some acts want tiny intimate pits as allowed, whole others like them.to be massive)

As a rule it's between 10 and 30% of standing Capacity.

thanks for the details, bennyl10

How does it work with the Bruce Springsteen gigs in the RDS, where people form queues a few days in advance of the gig.

I understand that they organise it in such a way that people are given a number to indicate their place in line.

Just wondering, why would queuing for big outdoor gigs be permitted in some cases and in others it is not.

I guess, in this case maybe it's because Croke Park has a greater capacity than the RDS?

thanks for the details, bennyl10

How does it work with the Bruce Springsteen gigs in the RDS, where people form queues a few days in advance of the gig.

I understand that they organise it in such a way that people are given a number to indicate their place in line.

Just wondering, why would queuing for big outdoor gigs be permitted in some cases and in others it is not.

I guess, in this case maybe it's because Croke Park has a greater capacity than the RDS?

Id not bother, happy to help really :)

For Bruce,.those ques are organised by his fans, and are completely fan run.. like theyre not organised by Aiken or the venue.. a grouo of fmas who travel to a lot of gigs take it amongst themselves to give out the numbers and take down names, they consultate with aiken and the venue to help.it run, but its fully organised by the fans.

Hes the only artist ive ever seen it happen for, its not excatly a normal occurance..

It could happen at Garth if someone were due, but with resients not best pleased as it is, i dont think numbered early queing would be the best idea..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Id not bother, happy to help really :)

For Bruce,.those ques are organised by his fans, and are completely fan run.. like theyre not organised by Aiken or the venue.. a grouo of fmas who travel to a lot of gigs take it amongst themselves to give out the numbers and take down names, they consultate with aiken and the venue to help.it run, but its fully organised by the fans.

Hes the only artist ive ever seen it happen for, its not excatly a normal occurance..

It could happen at Garth if someone were due, but with resients not best pleased as it is, i dont think numbered early queing would be the best idea..

Happens at pretty much all the Lady Gaga gigs and is fan run. Security have to be present but they only tell you to keep things quiet and clean etc., Are pretty sound if you work with them.

Problem here might be the problems the residents have with the gigs in the first place.

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Happens at pretty much all the Lady Gaga gigs and is fan run. Security have to be present but they only tell you to keep things quiet and clean etc., Are pretty sound if you work with them.

Problem here might be the problems the residents have with the gigs in the first place.

Never had the.. of seeing gaga..
    But ya seems same scenario as Bruce,
    at garth,.especually considering where Croke is I imagine itll just be first few thousand through the pitch gate

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Do we know the support acts yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Never had the.. of seeing gaga..
    But ya seems same scenario as Bruce,
    at garth,.especually considering where Croke is I imagine itll just be first few thousand through the pitch gate

At Gaga's last tour, first in the queue got to meet her so it was a bit mad in some places (I think Ireland might hold the record actually, Gemma was outside the Aviva for 10 days). She has done away with that now but fans are still going to queue 24hrs before her show. I queued from 4.30am last time, but that was more for the craic.

As for pit - can't remember how many was let in, I was there though and had a load of room. I plan to go when gates open on Sunday so might get into the pit that night - will suss it out on the Friday date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

I'd imagine its going to be Nathan Carter. Makes perfect sense.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

You're all insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I would love it if Garth Brooks kidnapped George Strait and brought him over here too. I would be in heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

Wristbands won't get handed out until hour or 2 before gates. Not a hope in holy hell will they be handed out at ten. Security won't even have them until 2/3.

pit is about 10% of total standing normally
    , there about 3ish you'll be fine for a pit pass

That's lovely. That will free up my morning and day to do some touristy things around Dublin like visiting
    The Books of Kells
    The Museum
    The Gallery

I've yet to plan an itinerary of Dublin for my couple of days in the capital. I've been to Dublin Zoo a few times and that's a great place to go to but that usually takes me all day so that could be out.

I read that the support will be a different act every night for the Garth Brooks concerts.

I hope Nathan Carter gets a go. I'm falling in love with Derek Ryan after his late late show appearance with Sharon Shannon on Friday night so I hope he too gets a go in too and perferably on nights that I'll be there for. I'll be kicking myself if either one of those makes an appearance for the Friday night.

Nathan Carter did a cover version of Garth Brooks - Callin Baton Rouge. I found it last night on youtube and I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

That's lovely. That will free up my morning and day to do some touristy things around Dublin like visiting
    The Books of Kells
    The Museum
    The Gallery

I've yet to plan an itinerary of Dublin for my couple of days in the capital. I've been to Dublin Zoo a few times and that's a great place to go to but that usually takes me all day so that could be out.

seriously cannot wait to do some touristy stuff in dublin, gonna be up for 3 days, might as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    seriously cannot wait to do some touristy stuff in dublin, gonna be up for 3 days, might as well

sandemans free walking tour i cant recommend it enough and im from dublin :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Wax museum is very good I think. If you go on your own, just press the button in each room and a recording plays telling you what it's about.

Also, if you want a fun tour, do the Leprechaun museum. It's at the Jervis luas stop and is good craic. I did it a few years ago and the guide tells all the stories of folklore and legends. Theres a room too with massive tables and chairs so you feel like a leprechaun haha.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Wax museum is very good I think. If you go on your own, just press the button in each room and a recording plays telling you what it's about.

Also, if you want a fun tour, do the Leprechaun museum. It's at the Jervis luas stop and is good craic. I did it a few years ago and the guide tells all the stories of folklore and legends. Theres a room too with massive tables and chairs so you feel like a leprechaun haha.

are you serious? that sound awesome. didn't know about this.

are you serious? that sound awesome. didn't know about this.

Yeah, I just saw it by chance one time when I was walking around. They take small enough groups of about 15 so it's not cramped. Myself and a friend did it and the was people from Europe, America and Canada there too which was a lot of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

If your in dublin for 3 days I couldn't reccomand the 3 day freedom pass anymore

Its a 72 hour pass that covers you on all transport, so 16,41,11 to croke park! The hop on hop off tour bus of the city and the air link if your traveling in from Dublin airport or heauston station! As much as you like for 72 hours!

Only two and a half months left.

My morning outings include finding my way to the RTE and TV3 studios, and radio stations. I presume Garth Brooks will be doing interviews and I can probably find him somewhere.

Would they give me a tour of Croke Park the day before the gigs? Im going up on the thursday. Oh please.

My week is all Garth.

Ok, I really love him and im so excited for July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

My morning outings include finding my way to the RTE and TV3 studios, and radio stations. I presume Garth Brooks will be doing interviews and I can probably find him somewhere.

Would they give me a tour of Croke Park the day before the gigs? Im going up on the thursday. Oh please.

My week is all Garth.

SUPERFAN!!!:eek:

My week is all Garth.

You're really on a stalking borderline!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If anybody's up visiting for these gigs i can't recommend marsh's library enough, great place to kill an hour. 3 euro entrance fee. http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g186605-d214988-Reviews-Marsh_s_Library-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

Hate to tell you this but IF Garth was doing interviews for this, chances are they won't be in the studio. Either a phone in or a press junket in the hotel/croke park. Wherever they are will be on lockdown anyway.
    Not a hope, once they start setting up for the gigs, only staff will be getting anywhere near croker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

You could always try getting car jacked, it's after becoming quite popular also im hearing rave reviews about getting harassed by junkies at a luas stop.
    If all of that it too extreme for you then take a walk to temple Bar for one of those famous €7:70 pints of beer.

My week is all Garth.

having my doubts they would be doing any tours a couple of days before hand. i did the tour last sunday, pretty awesome actually :D i'm going up to dublin again before july to find the rte studios and get my self familiar with dublin and dublin transport..... well the buses mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i done the guiness factory tour before and it was fairly good and u get a pint or a mineral at the end

Lovely job with the recommendations for tourist activities.

I found this from 5 days ago.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/garth-brooks-train-tickets-arrive-before-gigs-get-goahead-30255664.html

Application went in for the Garth Brooks concerts licenses on April the 17th and those wishing to object have until May 21st. Less than 30 submissions went into the DCC objecting to the Garth Brooks concerts with the croke park residents committies objections due in yesterday.

• Advertisement

Looking good.

Woo hoo.

I cant believe it. Only like 9 and a half weeks left.

Have always wanted to see him in concert. So many plays of Ireland & Back. This year will be real.

Im a massive fan of him.

Im so excited.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement