Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Lovely job with the recommendations for tourist activities.

I found this from 5 days ago.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/garth-brooks-train-tickets-arrive-before-gigs-get-goahead-30255664.html

Application went in for the Garth Brooks concerts licenses on April the 17th and those wishing to object have until May 21st. Less than 30 submissions went into the DCC objecting to the Garth Brooks concerts with the croke park residents committies objections due in yesterday.

how many objections do they need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    how many objections do they need?

How many objections do they need for the licenses not to be granted, is it?

I wouldn't know.

Under 30 in four weeks is fairly pitiful. The committee gangs would have added to the number though.

How many objections do they need for the licenses not to be granted, is it?

I wouldn't know.

Under 30 in four weeks is fairly pitiful. The committee gangs would have added to the number though.

i agree, considering the amount of posters i saw while walking to croke park, i thought there would be more. might be jinking that now :o

i agree, considering the amount of posters i saw while walking to croke park, i thought there would be more. might be jinking that now :o

From my reading and understanding there are two croke park committees:
    The croke park streets committee
    The croke park residents association.

One of those is representing 500 people or households.

My understanding is that there are 31000 households surrounding croke park.

What kind of posters did you come across?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me do all pitch tickets enter at the same location?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Tilikum wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can anyone tell me do all pitch tickets enter at the same location?

Yeah, afaik. Same general area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

dobman88 wrote: »
    Yeah, afaik. Same general area.

But two people could be entering at different turnstiles? Like if I bought two tickets off two different people?

Tilikum wrote: »
    But two people could be entering at different turnstiles? Like if I bought two tickets off two different people?

Well the turnstiles are right next to each other. So you walk through and see the person you are with on the other side. I doubt you'd be held to go in a certain turnstile, it's the area that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

I have reserved a House which is about 5 minutes walking distance from Croke Park, for Friday & Saturday nights. It is really a gorgeous place, with 7 bedrooms, so plenty of space for quite a number of Garth fans.

I am seeking as many individuals/couples as possible, which will result in the price per person being insanely low. The rate on the full house was $310/night, which means if all 7 rooms get taken, the price could be as low as $44/night per room.

I will gladly provide more details to anybody interested, and can even send a link to the home's listing on Airbnb, which is where I booked through. Trust me, if you want to stay in the Croke Park area for the Friday & Saturday nights, you will not find anything reasonable, let alone a potential deal this good.

Please send me b]MOD EDIT: Snipping email address - please contact via PM[/b if interested. I am coming from California, U.S., and hope to fill this house with Garth concert goers from anywhere in the world who are coming to Dublin for one or more of his shows. Thanks for your attention to this post.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I also have rooms that my friends pulled out of in the Ashling hotel for the Friday night and also a two night booking for the Friday and Saturday if anyone is interested. The hotel is booked out and is really Central and I'll let them go for a lot cheaper than the Ashling was asking for before they sold out.
    PM me if your interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Im watching Ireland & Back, again. I have to end up on the stage, well at front. I've 5 chances.

My life long ambition. One of them.

I love him so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just ordered my ticket from ticketmaster site. Must've made more available if anyone's still looking. So that's me set with pitch for Sunday.

Just hope now it's not a mistake and they send me a cancellation mail

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just ordered my ticket from ticketmaster site. Must've made more available if anyone's still looking. So that's me set with pitch for Sunday.

Just hope now it's not a mistake and they send me a cancellation mail

No they've had Friday and sat night tickets available now and again from the site not seen the Sunday night tickets so they must've held some back not long now can't wait! !

my mum is now going, didn't have plans on going, but apparently i've been talking about so much, she wants to go :o has a ticket n all.

my mum is now going, didn't have plans on going, but apparently i've been talking about so much, she wants to go :o has a ticket n all.

That's great news Sunbabe.

Today is the last day for objections. I suppose we'll know sometime after this on the subject of licenses. I hope it goes well. For all 5 nights.

So, are we good to go?

So, are we good to go?

It was never in any doubt. I hope your Mam enjoys herself. I'm taking mine to Christy Moore in Killarney on Saturday for her birthday. He's another fantastic musician

So, are we good to go?

I've been checking the news regularly but there's no information on the Garth Brooks concert licenses yet.

dobman88 wrote: »
    It was never in any doubt. I hope your Mam enjoys herself. I'm taking mine to Christy Moore in Killarney on Saturday for her birthday. He's another fantastic musician

How are you and some others so sure? There's been a sh1tstorm going down in relation to some of the residents.

• Advertisement

How are you and some others so sure? There's been a sh1tstorm going down in relation to some of the residents.

Would you stop. Yes they kicked up a fuss but there is no way any gig will be cancelled. They will be given money or something. People sensationalising this is beyond ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Ah there's no worry, never was.

This is just like saying only certain ticketmaster outlets would do tickets..
    A non runner and overlysensational..

Gig 100% happening. Security been given details of their times of in past week.

The residents complaining were only a hundred or so people.

I cant wait :-)

I cant wait :-)

We all know.

2 months and counting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

this time 2 months it will all be memories

hopefully a dvd will be filmed during the irish concerts

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kenken123

Hi just got my tickets for garth brooks for friday night its says the pitch but also a number f12 380?? Anyone know what the numbers about?? Is the pitch divided up in certain letters? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Yeah! Technically the concerts are next month!! :D

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Yeah! Technically the concerts are next month!! :D

Im so excited. Yay!

• Advertisement

kenken123 wrote: »
    Hi just got my tickets for garth brooks for friday night its says the pitch but also a number f12 380?? Anyone know what the numbers about?? Is the pitch divided up in certain letters? Thanks

Means nothing to you, it is for security and event safety. They know how many people will be on the pitch. Also protects your tickets from being copied

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement