Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

EyesClosed wrote: »
    I still don't know why you are worried and still talking about this, they won't cancel them

If the residents had it their way there won't be any concerts. Complained to the gardai and to the media that '17 years ago someone came into my garden and used it as a pisspot'.

Tarring everyone and concert goers with the one brush intending on behaving like dirty, drunken, horny muck savages.

I hope Aiken do the decent thing and move the whole lot somewhere else around the country, somewhere that would be greatful with a wealth injection into their area and a boost of happiness and good vibes. If the Galway races weren't on, Ballybrit would be able for it. And Galway would be fantastic for them. They could tour Connemara when not playing on stage. And there's loads of lovely food establishments. The Americans love Donneely's. And then there's Standun's out west for a little shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If the residents had it their won't be any concerts.
    No, if residents had it they would be consulted and proper measures put in place.
    Complained to the gardai and to the media that '17 years ago someone came into my garden and used it as a pisspot'.

Tarring everyone and concert goers with the one brush intending on behaving like dirty, drunken, horny muck savages.

I live just outside the cordon in an area with free on street parking. Guess what? people do block in your house so your car can't get out, People do piss/puke in your garden/laneway. Not all of them but it happens every time there's a gig or big match. Nobody's tarring everybody but how many people are allowed do it before you complain?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

CMOD:
    Lets not get back into bickering arguments. The thread here in the Music forum has become a civil place to talk about the gig and the up&downs related. Calm heads will win out here.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 penguinbaby

Hi everyone, cant wait for the concert. im going on the sunday. anyone know if there is any plans for autographs?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

Hi everyone, cant wait for the concert. im going on the sunday. anyone know if there is any plans for autographs?

I doubt he'll do autographs but i'm sure on the week leading up to the concerts he'll be doing as much tv and radio as he can and he rarely says no to fans waiting for autographs

Can't wait!!

Hope this licence is granted soon and all the restrictions aren't too bad i'd understand the residents being put out over the Monday and Tues concerts but the weekend ones, come on You'll get some sympathy from me but sounds like they taking the piss with all the media coverage now, i suppose there's always a minority that just can't be happy whatever goes on. Roll on G man!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 penguinbaby

I doubt he'll do autographs but i'm sure on the week leading up to the concerts he'll be doing as much tv and radio as he can and he rarely says no to fans waiting for autographs

Can't wait!!

Hope this licence is granted soon and all the restrictions aren't too bad i'd understand the residents being put out over the Monday and Tues concerts but the weekend ones, come on You'll get some sympathy from me but sounds like they taking the piss with all the media coverage now, i suppose there's always a minority that just can't be happy whatever goes on. Roll on G man!!

Cant wait either, was thinking he wdnt do autographs alright but will be watching out for interviews. Wd love to meet him. Have been a massive fan for years.
    Can understand the residents being annoyed alright, cd gave been avoided if there were at least involved in the decision. There is just some ppl that will go mad drinking and cause trouble rnd the area. Me just want to go enjoy the music. Hopefully the licence will come thru soon as wd def put my mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I seen on facebook and twitter (not sure how reliable) that The Coronas are supporting anyone know more?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I seen on facebook and twitter (not sure how reliable) that The Coronas are supporting anyone know more?

I hope not. I've seen them live as a support act twice and they were horrible. I also saw them on their own in Killarney and they were decent. A smaller venue band imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

How many times will this ****er have a come back/farewell tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

kikidelvin wrote: »
    once :confused:

do you even know what you're talking about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

once :confused:

do you even know what you're talking about?

Ya I don't remember him doing any farewell tours just said on his last one that he will be back once the kids are off to college and not long to go now can't wait! Should be hearing about the licence this week or next I'd imagine but yes to answer your question prob be one farewell tour when he gives it up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Im calling it the Garth Brooks Festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

This is the first come back tour and there was never a farewell tour.
    If you don't like him... then take your comments elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

38days to Garth brooks

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    38days to Garth brooks

Just the other day, I told my mother six weeks till Christmas. She looked at me as if I had two heads.

But seriously its like all my Christmas's coming true.

So excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kikidelvin

sad fecker.

MOD: User infracted.

sad fecker.

says the one trolling threads that u clearly have no interest in... Please take your comments elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The user was already dealt with. Please get back on topic.

EDIT: I've made a note in the post to make things a bit clearer.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

wonder what the setlist will be for the first night

Id say he will do the classics such as Tomorrow never comes, The Dance, friends in low places etc.

I hope he does Two Pina Coladas

There's so many songs I want him to sing

Standing Outside the Fire
    Burning Bridges
    The River
    The Thunder Rolls
    Fishing in the Dark
    The Red Strokes
    Tearin it up and burnin it down
    Callin Baton Rouge

Of course, my song Hard Luck Woman. (Its not a song on any of his albums. But its the only song on itunes that Garth Brooks sings. Its on the album, Kiss My Ass: Classic Kiss).

Hope he sings some from his Blame it all on my roots boxset. I love White Lightning.

Hope Trisha comes out and sings with Garth too. The Call is a good song.

There's so many songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

If he sang "To make you feel my love" - a Bob Dylan song that GB covered and more recently done by Adele - my god that would make my night - It was myself and the hubbie's first dance at our wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

https://twitter.com/ShaneFilan

Shane Filan @ShaneFilan · 47m
    I have just been confirmed as the opening act for Garth Brooks in Croke Park in July. I am so excited.

Shedite27 wrote: »

I have just been confirmed as the opening act for Garth Brooks in Croke Park in July. I am so excited.

I dont care who plays the opening act. But that means its definately going ahead.

5 and a half more weeks. Woo Hoo.

I dont know whose more excited. The One Direction kiddies a couple of weeks ago or me 31 year old/going on 15!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

*squeal* wanted to go see Shane filan in the marquee anyway. This is even better. Woot!!!!

Have to say, I was never a westlife fan but i've seen them twice in concert and they put on a great show. Shanes first solo single was great too. very catchy. I'm just glad it's not Nathan Carter and that annoying bloody wagon wheel! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Shedite27 wrote: »

That's disappointing :(

Is Shane playing every evening of the 5 evenings? I read over in after hours that it was going to be a different act every night. It was in the licence application for the concerts I think. I was hoping for Derek Ryan and Nathan Carter.

Actually just read his tweet above again and maybe he's doing just the Friday evening. There's still hope for Derek Ryan and Nathan Carter. If Derek Ryan gets a go in and I hope he does, I hope he brings Sharon Shannon due to his collaboration with her for his new single. She's always great for getting the crowd going.

I have a little news to tell but will do so later because I'm busy and just taking a little peep at boards.

They should just have Chris Gaines as the opening act.

It may kill the poor guy though.

I love him so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I dont care who plays the opening act. But that means its definately going ahead.

Not necessarily, aiken are putting everything together under the assumption that it's going ahead, much easier to cancel stage, security etc than try put it together at a months notice.

Re: the setlist, it's not gonna be anything too adventurous and I don't think it'll change too much from night-night. It's gonna be 90% hits, 1 or 2 from the boxset and MAYBE a Tricia duet. Might end the nights with American pie or pianoman but I wouldn't say so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement