Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lulu Walsh got Shane the gig I'd bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭houseplant

Where can I watch Garths 1997 Dublin gig online? Or ANY YouTube songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mod:
    Can I just ask posters in here that when the announcement of permission is made that, whichever way it goes, we remain civil to each other in this thread?

Remember that this is a Music forum and as such the music is the primary topic of discussion.

Thanks and much appreciated.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Shedite27 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ShaneFilan

Shane Filan @ShaneFilan · 47m
    I have just been confirmed as the opening act for Garth Brooks in Croke Park in July. I am so excited.

grand, no need to be there too early so!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Shane Filan just booked for Saturday and Sunday. Nathan carter booked for 2 nights too according to the Irish mirror website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

Shane Filan just booked for Saturday and Sunday. Nathan carter booked for 2 nights too according to the Irish mirror website

Feck man! Is Derek Ryan allowed to poke his head in?

I meant to come back here last night but I got sick so I couldn't.

Remember last year, a group of Irish students from Galway transformed Avicii's Wake Me Up into Irish. I thought they did a brillant job and I loved it very much. If you check YouTube with TG Lurgan, you can find them there with a range of songs and they are very good. Word has it, they've gone and done it again this summer and one of the songs that they worked on is a Garth Brooks song . I'm keeping my mouth shut as to what it is. It's not up on YouTube yet and I didn't hear any radio airplay of it yet but I'm looking forward to it.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    wonder what the setlist will be for the first night

Id say he will do the classics such as Tomorrow never comes, The Dance, friends in low places etc.

I hope he does Two Pina Coladas

I'm guessing that he will work of the ultimate hits cd.

houseplant wrote: »
    Where can I watch Garths 1997 Dublin gig online? Or ANY YouTube songs?

Garth Brooks isn't on YouTube or iTunes so I'm afraid you'll have to go out and buy it or buy online. His concert DVD from Dublin 97 is included in a DVD boxset known as 'The Entertainer'.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mod:
    Can I just ask posters in here that when the announcement of permission is made that, whichever way it goes, we remain civil to each other in this thread?

Remember that this is a Music forum and as such the music is the primary topic of discussion.

Thanks and much appreciated.

Do you know any information? Is news coming out soon? To be honest I wouldn' t be surprised if one or two nights (the Tuesday and Monday) doesn't get the go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Do you know any information? Is news coming out soon? To be honest I wouldn' t be surprised if one or two nights (the Tuesday and Monday) doesn't get the go ahead.
    Nope, I've heard nothing yet but the decision can't be far off at this point.

Reducing the number of shows would be a compromise to both sides of the argument and would seem to be the sensible way out of the quagmire. I feel that any future plans by Croke Park are going to have to follow a new policy of consultations with residents groups.

No matter what the outcome is there are going to be people left with a bitter taste in their mouths and that bitterness is going to be blamed on Croke Park.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

So Nathan carter is Monday and Tuesday, Shane Filan Saturday and Sunday...who's on Friday?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭Grandadsbear

lemmno wrote: »
    So Nathan carter is Monday and Tuesday, Shane Filan Saturday and Sunday...who's on Friday?

I was thinking the same... I hope it's not a sign that the Friday night won't go ahead :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

lemmno wrote: »

Is that confirmed.
    God I won't be going to c Shane

Is that confirmed.
    God I won't be going to c Shane

Seems an odd choice of support act alright...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Seems an odd choice of support act alright...:rolleyes:

Not really, aiken and mcd don't care as much about suitable support acts as they do getting "their" acts out there, and westlife made aiken a LOT of money over the years.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/garth-brooks-shane-filan-nathan-3722333

Yes Nathan in for two nights too

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

I was thinking the same... I hope it's not a sign that the Friday night won't go ahead :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Or maybe a sign that the Friday support act is pretty good....???? The Friday gang were the longest in the Q when tickets were sold...maybe this is our treat?! :D If they're gonna cancel any date it shouldn't be the Friday...but they won't cancel any date!
    I'd love for it to be Nathan, not mad on Shane.
    If anyone hears anything about the Friday support act let us know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Thought it was meant to be new or unheard of support acts. Paul Hull would be great. He's Irish and country music too.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Not really, aiken and mcd don't care as much about suitable support acts as they do getting "their" acts out there, and westlife made aiken a LOT of money over the years.

Very true... still I'm glad he's not confirmed for the Friday night ... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

friday night goers are getting screwed , they paid the same amount as the people going the other nights and the friday goers dont get a support act

PTH2009 wrote: »
    friday night goers are getting screwed , they paid the same amount as the people going the other nights and the friday goers dont get a support act

Its a surprise

Is there only one support act each night?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is there only one support act each night?

There's two confirmed so far.

Shane Filan for two nights, Saturday & Sunday.
    And Nathan Cather for Monday & Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Aiken:

The GARTH BROOKS Comeback Special Event
    25 - 29 July 2014
    Opening acts announced!
    Today the artists who will open for Garth Brooks on his Irish dates have been announced:
    Friday 25 July – no opening act
    Saturday 26 & Sunday 27 July – Shane Filan
    Monday 28 & Tuesday 29 July – Nathan Carter

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

Aiken:

The GARTH BROOKS Comeback Special Event
    25 - 29 July 2014
    Opening acts announced!
    Today the artists who will open for Garth Brooks on his Irish dates have been announced:
    Friday 25 July – no opening act
    Saturday 26 & Sunday 27 July – Shane Filan
    Monday 28 & Tuesday 29 July – Nathan Carter

An extra long show so for us on the friday night!! happy days :)

That friday night gig will be a long wait from when the gates open to when he takes to the stage.

Unless....he plays longer on the friday night. YAY!

An extra long show so for us on the friday night!! happy days :)

How long do you think Garth will do 2.5 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

I'd imagine he's going to take that bit long on the Friday night and get the set up right and enjoy it a bit more before he gets to filming and getting the songs spot on for the dvd he's making, no i think the Friday night will certainly be his best and longest!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I'd imagine he's going to take that bit long on the Friday night and get the set up right and enjoy it a bit more before he gets to filming and getting the songs spot on for the dvd he's making, no i think the Friday night will certainly be his best and longest!!

Doubt it, id imagine itll be a standard set for the 3 nights..could maybe be extra half hour.. but cant see much more..
    Friday people a lirtle shafted i think..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement