Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you put an angel or a star on top of the tree?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Star
    We put the angel I made in junior infants on the top. Coming from a family of 4 children I think this is the single piece of proof that I am the favourite :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

A star , don't like anything religious in the house , just creeps me out a bit, don't know why .

Erm and there is no religious symbolism involved with the star... you know, the one that guided the three wise men to jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Angel on the tree, star on the crib.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Other
    A star , don't like anything religious in the house , just creeps me out a bit, don't know why .

But isn't the star representative of the star off Bethelem which led the wisemen, shepards etc to the bould baby jebus?
    So it is sort of symbollically religious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I could live without a tree altogether if I had the choice, but peer pressure forced me to get a small tree and it has a star on top. I'm non-committal tbh. It's just symbolism at the end of the day.

What I want to do is have a few plain small lamps on the windows for the week running up to christmas because it just feels christmasy to me. Something about letting vagrants know they are welcome if they need shelter? You can bet your ass that that's just symbolism too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Other
    Neither, I have a big glass spike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Yeah, I mean imagine anything religous creeping you out at Christmas?

Star, used to have an Angel passed down by my grandmother but it's seen better days at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Neither. This year is myself and my gf first proper Christmas living together so we decided to get something non religious since I was born church of Ireland and am now pretty much Buddhist and she was born catholic and is now pretty much pagan. We got one of those glass tree toppers.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/456693218433343207/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Star
    Neither. This year is myself and my gf first proper Christmas living together so we decided to get something non religious since I was born church of Ireland and am now pretty much Buddhist and she was born catholic and is now pretty much pagan. We got one of those glass tree toppers.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/456693218433343207/

That's lovely :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement