Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Store won't deliver outside UK mainland, what are my options if any?

• 10-12-2013 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows if anyone has information on what my options are here. I've found something online i want to buy but the store wont ship outside UK mainland so i can't even use parcel motel :(

Is there any similar companies like Parcel Motel or what options do i have here? Bloody nightmare!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows if anyone has information on what my options are here. I've found something online i want to buy but the store wont ship outside UK mainland so i can't even use parcel motel :(

Is there any similar companies like Parcel Motel or what options do i have here? Bloody nightmare!

Try contacting them asking will they ship to your parcel motel address? I'm sure it will be Royal Mail they are using so I don't see the problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

parcel motel across the border, newry for example and drive up and collect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Try contacting them asking will they ship to your parcel motel address? I'm sure it will be Royal Mail they are using so I don't see the problem!

Yes i've done that now so will wait and see what they say.
    evosteo wrote: »
    parcel motel across the border, newry for example and drive up and collect

Not sure what you mean here? The company is in England and they won't ship outside UK mainland as i said in my post? The Northern Ireland parcel motel address is no use.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Roger00

Try ukaddress.com I haven't used them myself yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'm sure it will be Royal Mail they are using so I don't see the problem!
    I would guess it is not royal mail, otherwise they would probably post to NI. Couriers will usually charge more to NI.

The government controlled mail company is charging the same to send throughout the UK to make it seem to be fair, couriers do not, it costs more to ship to NI so they charge more. Royal mail are in effect sort of subsiding people in NI by giving them cheap mail. Just like the ESB might charge person A the same rate as person B even though it could costs a fortune to get electricity to person B's more remote area, they could be supplying at a loss.

Parcel motel is simply taking advantage of this subsidisation, or whatever term you want to call it.

I would ask if they can ship to Ireland and what the lowest price would be. If they are using couriers it is probably about the same to here as NI.

• Advertisement

Just to follow up on my post.

I got in touch with the online store who reiterated the fact they wont ship outside mainland UK which i said was a joke. He told me to contact the European head of customer service if i still had an issue so i did!

The lady i got in contact turned out to be very helpful, she explained that the O'Neill online stores were separate from the main company, which i found strange but accepted as fair enough. She told me she would get in contact to find out what the policy was and why they won't ship to Ireland, while i waited she went off and sourced some other online stores that stocked the jacket i was looking for and she found a place in Germany that had 2 left so i bought one :) Jacket should arrive next week!

If that's not customer service i don't know what is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭scotchy

How did prices compare...and P&P

Just wondering

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

If i had of ordered directly from O'Neill the jacket would have cost me €175 + parcel motel shipping of whatever it is, like €3.50 or something.

I ended up paying €206 from the store in Germany including delivery so slightly dearer but i really wanted it so not too upset about paying the extra few quid. I had seen it on European site myself at €199.99 but they were all out in my size so not complaining.

Advertisement