Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest

Options
  • 10-12-2013 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

as requested by sairus as tempest has reached a full stop, the monitor and the equipment shall be donated to inferno.

22" monitor
    a bunch of power plugs
    a camera stand
    speakers
    and the wires that work in conjunction with the speakers and the xbox.

if any of the inferno hosts would like to collect the equipment please do.

i am available at most hours part from the hour that i sleep

please pm me to get information to collect

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Shokashi wrote: »
    if any of the inferno hosts would like to collect the equipment please do.

i am available at most hours part from the hour that i sleep

please pm me to get information to collect

thank you
    Is anyone from Cork heading up to Dublin events in the near future? All that stuff can fit in a single bag, so it's pretty easy to bring on a bus.

I don't know if anyone really wants the camera tripod!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Sairus wrote: »

Be awesome to use that tripod for more camera views of events!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Sairus wrote: »
    Is anyone from Cork heading up to Dublin events in the near future? All that stuff can fit in a single bag, so it's pretty easy to bring on a bus.

If its going, I'll take the tripod.... Always useful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

boys if you haven't already got rid of the tv.hold on for another bit..i have just moved into my own one bedroom house..should be plenty of room to hold tempest.i already have my hands on 2crts, my own 50inc lcd and a 1080p projector with 100inc screen(all with varying degrees off lag im sure)..have two more 25inc crts to collect from wexford next month..hopefully have it up and running end of February..that's if their is still interest..ill post up on main page when i know for certain im going ahead with it..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

goodjay wrote: »
    boys if you haven't already got rid of the tv.hold on for another bit..i have just moved into my own one bedroom house..should be plenty of room to hold tempest.i already have my hands on 2crts, my own 50inc lcd and a 1080p projector with 100inc screen(all with varying degrees off lag im sure)..have two more 25inc crts to collect from wexford next month..hopefully have it up and running end of February..that's if their is still interest..ill post up on main page when i know for certain im going ahead with it..

Good to see some interest in starting up Tempest again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd rather you lads keep them and get something going tbh.

There's no benefit to not having people playing in Cork.

If you have Steeez and Gouke and just a couple more, that's enough for meet ups at a house.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'd rather you lads keep them and get something going tbh.

There's no benefit to not having people playing in Cork.

If you have Steeez and Gouke and just a couple more, that's enough for meet ups at a house.

It's probably time for a completely revamped Tempest. There are plenty of players in Cork, and I think the scene needs someone like goodjay to step forward and get things going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

were gonna do an invasion in cork soon this year

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Stormwrench

Have to hope I can keep an eye on any Irish fighting tournaments, would love to join one (or many, depending on how things go) and one in Cork would be amazing for me to get to without too much bother. I hope things go well for the revamp, would be great to meet other players and compete.

cool guys,definitely looks like the interest is still there anyway..ill keep you updated.still on track for late February

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

At this stage I just want some offline casuals. That would be good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

If it does start up again, I'm going to try and make it to more of these. Need to get playing again, and I simply avoid online pretty much altogether now.

I've got a couple of sub-1 frame monitors I can bring along, and a HD PVR 2 for recording purposes. However, if I do record, I'll leave the files with someone either in the city or with a suitable internet connection, because uploading from my own place is not feasible. (I have part 1 of an off-screen money match between CJ Truth Fei vs LLL MBR Akuma from CEO 2013 sitting as a private vid on my YT account because I was too stupid to upload part 2 in Florida and it'd take about a day and a half of continuous uploading from my home. :confused:)

Anyway, hope to see this take off. Here's to dragging crap around Cork city from the train station again... :rolleyes:

Really sorry guys looks like this wont be happening :( ,not at the moment anyway.How about just some casuals in a couple of weeks time?

goodjay wrote: »
    Really sorry guys looks like this wont be happening :( ,not at the moment anyway.How about just some casuals in a couple of weeks time?
    I'm actually off all next week (birthday on Wednesday), wouldn't mind calling up for a day just to get some games in at some point if possible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's ok to walk before you run lads, getting some casuals going before a tournament makes a lot of sense!

It's ok to walk before you run lads, getting some casuals going before a tournament makes a lot of sense!
    Things would be so much easier if I still lived in the city. Would love to start looking for a job there, but the thought of moving all the crap I've collected over the last year and a half again has me breaking into a cold sweat. :o

Advertisement