Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SanoVitae Gym or somewhere else?

• 10-12-2013 2:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭

Hi folks! I'm moving to Limerick and am going to be living in Newtown House, Henry St. Looking around, the SanoVitae gym In the Clarion looks pretty good. Anyone else a member there and how would you rate it? Any other city center gyms I should look at? I particularly want one with a pool and steam room really.

Anyone know what length the pool is in SanoVitae?
    What's it like after 6 most evenings? Don't fancy trying to swim in a pool of kids!
    I heard the Dock Rd. Is dodgy in spots but I presume the area from Henry St. To the Clarion is ok early evenings?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

The pool is TINY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I was a member for a few years, stopped going a few yrs ago when I was made redundant.....
    From what I recall, the pool was small, but the pool, changing room and gym were all kept very tidy. Lovely view from the pool, they have a lovely jacuzzi, and a steam room. I was only ever there at lunchtimes, so I have no idea how busy it is in the evening. Maybe some other boardsie can tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭squonk

Parchment wrote: »
    The pool is TINY.

Thanks! It did look that way in pictures, though some I saw had used wide field lenses. It's also only 4 ft which made me suspicious. Anywhere else with a decent pool in or around the city center?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

squonk wrote: »
    Thanks! It did look that way in pictures, though some I saw had used wide field lenses. It's also only 4 ft which made me suspicious. Anywhere else with a decent pool in or around the city center?

The Strand? 20m pool. It's located just across Sarsfield bridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

I like Sano Vitae, but mostly because I work from home and make my own schedule, so I can go to the gym whenever I choose, which means I'm never sharing it with more than three or four people. Once ten or twelve people are in the gym (at peak times before & after work), the locker room & weight room can seem very small and tight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement