Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC now blocking trinity pirate party tpb proxy

Options
  • 10-12-2013 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Did anyone else notice that? Seems to have gone into effect sometime today.

http://tpb.pirates.ie/

I know UPC were ordered to block tpb months ago but I did not hear anything about blocking proxies and so forth.

btw, posting this here as previous posts about tpb blocks were here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭lotas

i have tried visiting that on both Vodafone broadband (4G dongle) and my UPC connection at home, and its not blocked... its broken though... they seem to be having problems with their server... thats how it looks to me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭grizzly_beer

Yeah, now it is broken. I am getting proxy error page. Though last night I was being redirected to UPCs tpb block page

http://www.upc.ie/System/Block/999/38111162/tpb/

This could just be an issue on tpp's part

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭lotas

seems to be fixed now... i also tried visiting the new domain (thepiratebay.ac) and i am getting the blocked notices on UPC, Vodafone and Magnet...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Just got the UPC Block page via my Pirateproxy.net favourite in chrome.

If this is an actual proxy block rather than proxy downtime like yesterdays subject of this thread, then its time for me to sort out a VPN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Just downtime seemingly. Favourite link now getting me to the bay again and the notice gone. Favicon is still changed to the UPC one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭grizzly_beer

Also just a funny curiousity, did anyone notice on the 503 error page for that proxy the message is "guru meditation"
    Is it running on an amiga ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The Varnish web cache makes a reference to it.

Advertisement