Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rejection always hurts!

Options
  • 10-12-2013 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭

So my rook piercing randomly rejected last night.

Piercing is done 2 or 2 and a half years, never had any irritation with it except a teeny bit of swelling after a flight. It's been my only piercing that gave me no trouble really!

I had a little glass retainer in it for about the last year- gravity keeps it in, it has a flat piece on top and then it's just a curved bar with nothing on the end to keep it in. I had kept meaning to get an actual bar put back in it in a studio and I tried to get one in myself but I couldn't screw the little ball on.

Last night when watching a movie it just popped out. I felt it fall out but due to the type of bar I wasn't worried, I have knocked it out a few times over the past year but it was unusual that it came out when I hadn't hit off it. I pushed it back in anyways, no harm done but a few minutes later I felt it fall out again. This time I waited until the movie was over and went to the bathroom mirror to make sure it was going in right. Ear was a bit swollen and red at this stage but when I started to insert the piercing the hole started bleeding from the top. It actually took quite some time to stop the bleeding and I have what looks like a little blister on the top of the hole. I'm afraid to go near it with an earring again til it calms down.

So after over two years my piercing has decided to reject me and leave me without even a goodbye leaving me with a red ear and a lonely glass retainer!
    Anyone else feeling unloved by their piercings today?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

It may not have rejected, but perhaps it was just a flare up? I know when I'm getting sick or rundown, my tongue piercing or my stretched ears start acting up and swell up a little even after all these years.

Maybe you slept on it funny?

Anyway, get it soaking in some warm/hot water with some sea salt added for as long as possible. Do you have any smaller jewellery to put into it in the meantime? A piercer will advise you better too, so no harm going to get it checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Happens to me sometimes that I get blisters very close to old piercings, twice in the last month! Might just be that your one is right where you are trying to insert the bar so it won't go in? Mine are all screwed in tight so wouldn't get pushed out, but I have got small blisters that bleed when poked, nothing rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Hmm ok, didn't really think of that.
    I just assumed a few days without jewellery (impossible to insert with the blister) would be the end of the piercing!

Unfortunately there's no piercing salon in Kilkenny :/

Advertisement