Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse beaten to death in Wicklow Town

• 10-12-2013 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭

It appears there was many witnesses to this incident but so far no one has came forward. People who witness such acts of brutality have a duty to report these crimes so that the Gardai and courts can put these people in jail. And the rest of society has a duty to stand by the brave people who come forward.

Note there is an upsetting image.

http://www.wicklownews.net/horse-beaten-to-death-in-wicklow-town/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

That is so distressing. Surely someone got the car reg. They could report in anonymously. The poor defenceless horse. God knows how much it had suffered already before meeting this horrendous end. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

I didn't click on the link. Why, oh why do people feel the need to be cruel to animals? If you don't like animals, fine, you can go through life without having to hurt one. My heart aches day after day reading about the horrendous cruelty inflicted on such helpless victims. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

Jesus...

Just happened to be driving past there yesterday (by chance, as I'm not from the area), and saw about 3 horses just inside the entrance to that estate.
    This was about 4.30. Saw no dead horse, but maybe it was taken away by then?

We did pass comment on how ridiculous and disgraceful it was that there were horses (inc. foal) just sitting loose on the grass next to a busy road.
    I really, really hope they've taken away the other horses. The look similar to poor dead horse in the picture.

Absolutely sickened by the inhumanity of people. It's just too awful to describe, the poor thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Horrendous behavior, when are the government going to deal with this issue!!

Every horse that is loose on common land or in housing estates/side of the road should be collected. Only horses that are registered with a passport and micro chipped should be released back to the owners after the owners prove they can house/care for the animals!

If you are on social welfare and dont own at least 3 acres per horse then you should not be able to claim your horse back, as their is no way you can afford to feed and care for that animal!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dogluver

It is too dreadful and I cant look at the link. Until the government has laws in place to take people to court and jail them for such awful crimes it will go on. Cruelty legislation in this country needs to be totally overhauled and new sentences need to be put in place to deal with these type of cruelty cases to deter people. We live in a terribly sick and throw away society where compassion and respect for animals is totally alien to some people and until something radical is done people will unfortunately continue to inflict such suffering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Scumbags...

I really hope Karma comes back to bite them on the ass... and bite them hard.

:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Eight horses remain on the estate and have received care from the Irish Horse Welfare Trust.

Why are any of the horses remaining on the green of an estate. I know rescues are stretched - so maybe it is more of a case that there is no where for them to go? Otherwise personally I would like to see all of them loaded up and taken away. Grazing a horse on the green of an estate is neglect. It is not providing the necessary shelter or food for the animal.

Advertisement