Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old electricity meter

Options
  • 10-12-2013 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

We have very old electricity meter in our house, I am concerned about safety of it and also it cannot supply enough electricity to run modern house (when we have few appliances on fuse tends to burn out).

Is it up to ESB (networks) to replace it or do I have to pay for it to be replaced? 
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi 198321,

It sounds as though you may need your MIC (Maximum Import Capacity) increased. See the following link on ESB Networks' site:

Increase Your Level of Supply

Newly/recently-built houses these days tend to have an MIC of 12kVa, or a 16kVA enhanced connection if required (e.g. to accommodate underfloor heating, or one or more electric showers).
    198321 wrote:
    We have very old electricity meter in our house, I am concerned about safety of it

If you have any safety concerns at all, we recommend you contact ESB Networks as soon as possible. Their contact details are listed here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement