Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miley Cyrus The o2 May 20th

Options
  • 10-12-2013 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

What do we think the popularity is gonna be like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

I'd say the tickets that actually make their way to the general sale this friday will be very quickly gone.

The rest will be:

- going straight to secondary market platforms for premium prices
    - temporarily reserved for audi/o2 club members and business partners
    - sold directly for premium prices at the ticketmaster platform
    (eg. here: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/freakin-expensive/event/18004B8AAE67550F)

If you want good seats, be prepared to pay high prices (like in the link above, where there are still some available)

On Friday I'll expect getting tickets to be pure lottery.

Good luck!

Lads,

I have a certain feeling that they shifted pretty much zero tickets for this one this morning. The first 20 rows are available on premium sale only, and the (next) best tickets in the middle from row 21 were all still available in the afternoon. Now they seem to have ticket sales temporarily completely disabled. What happened here? The target group from 2009 (5 to 12 years old) is no longer interested and the new one 12 to 25 years old?) failed to build a following in Ireland?
    Serious question. I'm just as surprised as the promoter probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Lads,

I have a certain feeling that they shifted pretty much zero tickets for this one this morning. The first 20 rows are available on premium sale only, and the (next) best tickets in the middle from row 21 were all still available in the afternoon. Now they seem to have ticket sales temporarily completely disabled. What happened here? The target group from 2009 (5 to 12 years old) is no longer interested and the new one 12 to 25 years old?) failed to build a following in Ireland?
    Serious question. I'm just as surprised as the promoter probably is.

Too expensive.. 75 euro for standing tickets is Beyonce territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

The prices are outrageous for someone like Miley Cyrus. Adults don't want to spend their money on someone who could be described as a bad influence on their kids. She's past her Disney phase but charging €65-75 is farcical, and a price I'm sure parents do not want to pay before Christmas.

Beyonce is established and has a solid back catalogue to charge higher prices but Cyrus better give out some wrecking balls and sledge hammers in return to those willing to fork out the cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I think the general premise was that Miley has been so 'outrageous' on the back of 2 recent singles that people would pay anything to see her. Obviously not so. This price tier is really only reserved for high-end, massively popular acts who already have an established base. Miley has a history but she's pretty much ditched that for a new thing.

• Advertisement

She would have easily sold out at this price maybe 3 years ago as evident by her last 2 sold out concerts, but now she's at the stage where she's starting over again, she's not going to be singing the same songs as last time, it's all new - like a completely different artist. It's like someone along the lines of Icona Pop trying to sell out the O2 at 75e for standing tickets.. not gonna happen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also with the fact Beyonce has just announced her tour around the same time did not help her . Can see people buying tickets to her instead even though prob the same price tickets but as people have said Beyonce is established

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Did the tickets sell for this, as a matter of interest? 75 euro for tickets to see someone who is basically a break-out artist seems kinda crazy to me.

Seems to be very little buzz about it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 34 GoAheadCaller

Its €81.10 for a standing ticket including booking fee (which you have to pay). Think people are finally saying enough is enough when it comes to rip off ticket prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Its €81.10 for a standing ticket including booking fee (which you have to pay). Think people are finally saying enough is enough when it comes to rip off ticket prices.

That's insane for an artist with a very small back catalogue. She's not an established artist, and from what I've seen of her in recent performances, she's not that impressive live. Can't imagine anyone in their right mind paying that kind of money to see her.:confused:

How much were her tickets last time she was here as Hannah Montanna?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lukehandypants

I can't feckin wait for this gig!!!!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 50 ✭✭hatchets mcgovern

Cant wait to try out my new sniper rifle.

How much were her tickets last time she was here as Hannah Montanna?

Tickets were 86.25 / 76.25 / 65.70

Sky Ferreira will support the Dublin show tomorrow. Source: MCD twitter updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Does anyone know if she will have the giant inflatable penis onstage with her tomorrow night?

As I'm undecided as to whether or not to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'm sure she'll have her tongue out at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Theres a gaint dog and big hot dog or as she called it weiner.

She puts on a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I've got a few free tickets in my time, usual thing if something doesn't sell out. Got offered 3 for this at the weekend. Usual pop light stuff. Mostly forgettable bands and pop efforts. Not so this. She's very very good. Band were superb. The show is very big. Yeah it's got its target audience of mostly teenage girls but damn she can sing. Those years of Disney training paid off.
    I brought 2 girls aged 9 and 10. Before we went in I discussed with them about what they'ed here and see and how it's all a show. All the visual stuff is no different then an average mtv video so that was ok, a few f bombs thrown in and that was it and we'd usually be quite protective over what we let them see. Very very slick. Best pop concert I've been to in ages. My girls thought same.
    Only downside to the night Was the sound was so bad for Ferreira, I can never understand why the sound guy does that. Truly awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Only downside to the night Was the sound was so bad for Ferreira, I can never understand why the sound guy does that. Truly awful.

sound is always poor for the support act, to ensure in no way can they upstage the main act :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Mr.S wrote: »
    There where a few scenes that would be very awkward for a 9/10 year old :eek:

Im not so sure.

Take any given scene from there last night, like simulating oral sex, they just wouldnt have got that. now if a parent was with a 13-14 yr old girl it might have been a lot more awkward as they know what that means.

Lots of kicking the legs in the air, spreading wide and patting the crotch, thats on mtv every day, so I thought it was like watching an mtv video live.

the girls and boys in the crowd kissing on camera was funny. they laughed through that.

[/QUOTE]sound is always poor for the support act, to ensure in no way can they upstage the main act [/QUOTE]

I get that, this was way beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

I love Miley Cyrus but what in gods name did I see last night? One of the WORST concerts I've been to. I understand she want's to get rid of the Hannah Montana image but there's a better way of doing it. I don't wanna see her touch herself and apparently I should be expected to see that? No thanks! I was expecting the shock factor, I got that but it was vile. I couldn't wait for it to end. Loved the entrance but went downhill for me. Spent most of the concert on snapchat. Pity because she a fantastic singer.

Advertisement