Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightsaver: Think I'm on the wrong deal...

Options
  • 10-12-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm on a nightsaver package but most of my electricity would be used before 11pm, is it possible to get this switched to a better deal for the day time?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Ush1,

A NightSaver meter can be removed and replaced with a standard 24-hour meter, however there is a charge of €186.14 (including VAT) to have this carried out.

Discounts for direct debit (4% off units used) and online billing (2% off units used) can be availed of by NightSaver customers.

The NightSaver hours are: 11pm to 8am (winter), midnight to 9am (summer).

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Hi Ush1,

A NightSaver meter can be removed and replaced with a standard 24-hour meter, however there is a charge of €186.14 (including VAT) to have this carried out.

Discounts for direct debit (4% off units used) and online billing (2% off units used) can be availed of by NightSaver customers.

The NightSaver hours are: 11pm to 8am (winter), midnight to 9am (summer).

Kind regards,
    Una
    Thanks Una.

Would the units used during the day be cheaper with the standard 24 hour?

So would you be saying that the discounts I have with the nightsaver would balance out the cheaper cost per unit of the standard meter?

Hi again Ush1,

With the standard 24-hour meter, the unit price is (cents) 0.1928 (including VAT) at all times.

With the NightSaver meter, the unit price is (cents) 0.1018 (including VAT) during the NightSaver hours; 0.2060 (including VAT) for the rest of the day.

A minimum usage of three units per every NightSaver period would be required to obtain value from the NightSaver.

The discounts would not balance out the cost but we just need to advise that they are available to all customers.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Hi again Ush1,

With the standard 24-hour meter, the unit price is (cents) 0.1928 (including VAT) at all times.

With the NightSaver meter, the unit price is (cents) 0.1018 (including VAT) during the NightSaver hours; 0.2060 (including VAT) for the rest of the day.

A minimum usage of three units per every NightSaver period would be required to obtain value from the NightSaver.

The discounts would not balance out the cost but we just need to advise that they are available to all customers.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Hi Una,

Looking at my bill then I'm a bit confused, it's saying my daytime rate is 0.1018? (not that I'm complaining if that's cheaper than it should be!) :)

Hi again Ush1,

If you private message me your Electric Ireland account number, your name/address/telephone number and just confirm you are the account-holder, I will have a look at your bill.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement