If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDD or Micro SD card based MP3 Boombox?

Options
  • 10-12-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I want to get some sort of boombox 'device' for my 13 year old son which will allow him to load and play ripped mp3's, create playlists etc. It's for his bedroom and will primarily be used while he's studying. The principle functionality i need is the ability to connect the device (or it's removable Micro SD Card) to a PC to transfer mp3 files. It's not important that it plays CD's. An FM radio would be a bonus as would an ability to connect to a wifi network and stream content but not critical. He's had a lot of money spent on him recently (new PS4 console) so I want to keep the cost of this device as low as possible and I'm brand agnostic by the way!!

I spent ages looking on your website and and other sites but can't find something which does what I want. All "MP3" boom boxes seem to be CD based i.e. they will only play MP3's which have been burned onto CD's and the HDD based units are mini or midi Hi-Fi systems which is OTT for him.

I guess I could get a portable MP3 player (perhaps bluetooth enabled if such a device exists) and hook that up to a portable speaker via an AUX cable or bluetooth but that seems a bit messy.

Appreciate any suggestions you want to make.

Cheers,

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

^^^^ Bump,

Is what I'm looking for simply no do-able???

Ben

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

BenThere wrote: »
    ^^^^ Bump,

Is what I'm looking for simply no do-able???

Ben
    Ben,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I dont have anything that completely fits the bill, but the closest thing is the Roberts Stream 63i at £329.95 have a look at the spec here and kep us posted if it ticks most of the boxes for you:

http://www.robertsradio.co.uk/Products/Internet_radios/STREAM63i/index.htm

Apologies again for the awful delay getting back to you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.