Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+hd box turning off 2-3 times a day

Options
  • 10-12-2013 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

ok this is seriously annoying!! i got sky in september, engineer showed us how to use the new on demand feature, connecting it to wifi and downloading films and boxsets, GREAT!!! downloaded walking dead seasons
    then after a week or 2, the sky box would just turn off by itself, power still going to it, id plug it out and back in, wait 5 mins and it would work again, then about 8-10 hours later same thing again
    rang sky, they sent an engineer out, gave me a new box (losing all my recordings!!) and he said it was the on demand was causing it, and not to connect it to my wifi until it was fixed, i heard nothing about when it was going to be fixed, i rang up sky again, typical bull from them, talking to someone who doesnt have a clue and puts me on hold for 30mins, finally hung up and rang back, he said that the on demand shouldnt be causing the sky box to act up, and talks me through setting it up again over the phone, i do it, just connected it to my wifi, didnt even download anything, and it starts happening the new box then, turning off by itself
    What can i do??? i want on demand because im paying for it, its a joke now!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I think I recall seeing an energy saving mode in the box whereby it would go into standby after a certain period of time. Have you tried looking for that and turning it off?

Might be under options/set up

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭IanLAD

its not just stand by though, theres still power going to the box, but no reactoin out of it when i try to turn it on, i have to plug it out and back in again to get it working
    and also if it happens and i have something recording it will just fail to record it
    thanks anyway :)

Advertisement