Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Website Developer/Designer in Waterford

Options
  • 10-12-2013 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

as the title says, I'm looking for recommendations for website designers locally. I'll be looking at getting a site done in the new year, I won't have a huge budget but am willing to push the boat out if the work deserves it. If you could give me a rough idea of cost in relation to how detailed your site was where possible too if you wouldn't mind.

The main thing is that the person is sound to deal with as hopefully we will be dealing with each other for a long time down the line.

If you are a designer offering work, no need to PM me, as I'm only at the research stage atm! :)

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

Hi Jason, i am currently getting a website done from these guys there price is brilliant doitsolutions.ie there out behind the opel garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

There are a few others about also, although i am not sure they will suit the smaller budget or indeed anything too complicated, but hey a phone call to ask wont cost anything so give 'em a bell :-) Shop around as Mary Harney would say.

@creambun - are they reasonable? is the website you are building at all advanced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

It all depends on what your looking for prices vary alot, I did www.busandcarhire.com for that chap cost around 900euro in the end including hosting and domain name etc. What was ideal for him for was a wordpress based site, they are easier for someone to get to grips with and maintain it themselfs saving costs on maintenance

My advice would be to get a wordpress site done up for around the same price and some look bloody good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Doylers wrote: »
    It all depends on what your looking for prices vary alot, I did www.busandcarhire.com for that chap cost around 900euro in the end including hosting and domain name etc. What was ideal for him for was a wordpress based site, they are easier for someone to get to grips with and maintain it themselfs saving costs on maintenance

My advice would be to get a wordpress site done up for around the same price and some look bloody good imo.

You should really get back on it and fix the images. it looks terrible.

Proper cowboy job. Where did you actually learn Web Design?

Fix what? Feel free to copy show me an image? I can see your new on here so a bit of advice, dont come on and act the dick trying to show off. This isnt a discussion thread about your views on mine or anyone else's work its to help and advise the OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Seems like everybody charges outrageous prices for very basic websites. What's your budget OP?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

That's a bit harsh. I wouldn't put that website into the €900 category personally, but its hardly a 'proper cowboy job'. Trust me, I have seen far far worse. One business in particular stands out, constantly using the one 'designer' who simply does woeful work to put it lightly. A business that has money to spend, keeps using the same person because he is cheap. The end product is simply awful.

Sully wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh. I wouldn't put that website into the €900 category personally, but its hardly a 'proper cowboy job'. Trust me, I have seen far far worse. One business in particular stands out, constantly using the one 'designer' who simply does woeful work to put it lightly. A business that has money to spend, keeps using the same person because he is cheap. The end product is simply awful.

Price was based on having to do literally everything from going out taking pictures of the buses to providing all the content on site, year of looking after it and any extras that were needed(business cards). But hey this isn't a thread for me to justify prices. Would love to know what others are charging though

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SecretAccount

Coming from the fella who can't even install SQL Plus......

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Price was based on having to do literally everything from going out taking pictures of the buses to providing all the content on site, year of looking after it and any extras that were needed(business cards). But hey this isn't a thread for me to justify prices. Would love to know what others are charging though

Your price is in an area that many very good designers & developers charge for a far superior design (no disrespect meant here, everybody has a different design approach). The price can rocket much higher than that, of course, but on average its what you pay.

Your original post suggested the price was just for the website. You never mentioned other work. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭jmcc

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Hi all,

as the title says, I'm looking for recommendations for website designers locally. I'll be looking at getting a site done in the new year, I won't have a huge budget but am willing to push the boat out if the work deserves it. If you could give me a rough idea of cost in relation to how detailed your site was where possible too if you wouldn't mind.
    It might be easier if you provided some rough idea of what kind of site you want, how complex it will be and if you have content to be included or scanned.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Sully wrote: »

That site looks grand. OK - pretty basic and the images could have been feathered better. But, as you say, I have seen worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

looked at your site a few days ago and thought it was one of the worst sites i have seen but looked at it today and it was changed.

tramoreman wrote: »
    looked at your site a few days ago and thought it was one of the worst sites i have seen but looked at it today and it was changed.

Site hasn't changed in the last few months, had issues alright a while ago when it moved to cloudflare and there were issues with speeding up the site and loading java, some images not loading or it timing out but that was for a few hours.

Would you pm me specifics please, dont want to be dragging this thread off more.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

@00833827 Sorry i didn't get back to you earlier they gave me a good few choice on what kind but it was a bit over my head the one i went with is word press and god help the too lads i have changed my mind on the color around 4 times now, they are very accommodating, the website will be responsive which is a big bonus for me. They were very reasonable and as far as advanced goes it suit me. http://www.doitsolutions.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

good luck with the project mate, I hope the result is what you need and the price is agreeable for all.

Advertisement