Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An Audience with.... shows

• 10-12-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Over the past few months and next year there's been a huge increase in 'An Audiance with... shows in the UK. Jim Ross, William Regal, AJ Styles, Jim Cornette, Bret Hart, DDP and the nWo. With the exception of the nwo i've heard good reviews. DDP is even playing Belfast.

Has anybody heard of such shows appearing in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

These shows have been popping up too much I think, I imagine the market will be over saturated before long. An evening with Gangrel and Litle Legs will no doubt be around the corner...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

Reebrock wrote: »
    These shows have been popping up too much I think, I imagine the market will be over saturated before long. An evening with Gangrel and Litle Legs will no doubt be around the corner...

It would be nice to have a few in Ireland though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

The closest Dublin got was Foleys stand up show in 2012. After he was heckled by a couple of drunken idiots Eros comedy (the group who arrange most of these wrestler shows) never come to Dublin. Often giving time constraints and scheduling problems as reasons not to visit. Personally I think that Dublin got a bad name for what happenend!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

The closest Dublin got was Foleys stand up show in 2012. After he was heckled by a couple of drunken idiots Eros comedy (the group who arrange most of these wrestler shows) never come to Dublin. Often giving time constraints and scheduling problems as reasons not to visit. Personally I think that Dublin got a bad name for what happenend!

Yeah i get that impression too. Have you dealt with them at all?

Was anyone from here there that night at the foley show?

What exactly happened? Must have been pretty bad heckling because I think I remember hearing Foley say in an interview that it was the worst show for him since he started doing comedy.

• Advertisement

Decobuzz wrote: »
    Yeah i get that impression too. Have you dealt with them at all?

Not much to be honest. I shoot them messages on Facebook and Twitter about Dublin getting the odd tour. I get the same response:
    "We'd love to come to Dublin but unfortunately due to time constraints (or wrestlers schedule) we can't make it over this time. We hope to come over soon."

Even though they're in Belfast for 9/10 shows. Once voiced my displeasure and Nigel mcGuiness told me that Belfast is only two hours from Dublin so why don't I go up. Ideally it's the same from Belfast to Dublin but they didn't come down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Not much to be honest. I shoot them messages on Facebook and Twitter about Dublin getting the odd tour. I get the same response:
    "We'd love to come to Dublin but unfortunately due to time constraints (or wrestlers schedule) we can't make it over this time. We hope to come over soon."

Even though they're in Belfast for 9/10 shows. Once voiced my displeasure and Nigel mcGuiness told me that Belfast is only two hours from Dublin so why don't I go up. Ideally it's the same from Belfast to Dublin but they didn't come down.

Because they have to pay expenses?

Was anyone from here there that night at the foley show?

What exactly happened? Must have been pretty bad heckling because I think I remember hearing Foley say in an interview that it was the worst show for him since he started doing comedy.

I was there myself. The way I always describe it is:

-People waited 2+ hours for their meet and greet.
    - Two/three dodgy warm up acts came on.
    -They announce there'll be no drink at the intermission (mass exodus and heavy drinking by others)
    -Toward the end of the last warm up they announce there will be drink at the intermission (que more drinking)
    - Foley appears as Brodus Clay (Fedora, tracksuit, theme and dancers)
    -The now partially drunk audience confuse comedy with wrestling and try chants and heckling.
    -Foley brings up Vader and is met with "Vader's Ghey" and "That's what she said"
    -Foley cuts a promo on the audience and the morons. Pulls out his wallet and says that he doesn't need the money and if anyone wanted to act like that they could take their ticket money back and leave.
    -Short Q+A where he apologises for what happens earlier and says that it pains him to say that Dublin wasn't the best night for what happens and says that he might be back over soon.

Leaving never to be seen in Dublin again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

I was there too.

Poorly organised and Foley threw a hissy fit because he couldn't handle a heckling crowd like a proper stand up should be able to,basically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

I certainly remember Foley pulling out his wallet in frustration and saying that he'd buy the tickets back off of the guys. The only heckling that I remember was 4 or 5 guys chanting Un-der-tak-er a couple of times every so often (I think we were coming up near 'mania.) Foley was genuinely pissed about it all.

• Advertisement

Well another example of why Dublin may have been a better venue (Taken from the Eros Comedy Facebook Page)
    DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE SHOW IN GLASGOW CANCELLED.

Due to slow advance ticket sales for our proposed 7th March Diamond Dallas Page Q&A in Glasgow we've been left with no choice but to cancel the event. Sales been low compared to the other tour venues, no doubt due in part to DDP's very recent visit to the city.

Apologies in particular to those that purchased their tickets. You will receive a full refund via Skiddle. Apologies also to those that were thinking of coming but hadn't been able to commit. This wasn't an easy decision and certainly not one we took lightly.

Rest assured that Eros Comedy has several tours planned for later in the year and we'd be fools not to bring them to Glasgow. Thank you for making us feel so welcome in the past with Mick Foley & Nigel McGuinness. Stay tuned for some big events in 2014.

We will be replacing the Glasgow date with a show at the NE6 Suite in Newcastle. Full details of the new show to be revealed later this evening.

Link:https://www.facebook.com/ErosComedy

I'm shocked that they're still staying away from us. It's quite stupid that there's a large audience on boards alone who'd love to go to these shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Anyone on here heading to Bret Hart up in Belfast in March? Got tickets for Christmas, buzzin for it! :D

HBK is doing shows in London and Manchester in April,same lads who ran the Evening with JR shows last year.Cheapest ticket £30.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/an-evening-with-shawn-michaels-tickets-9992683385?aff=eorg

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/an-evening-with-shawn-michaels-tickets-10048957703?aff=eorg

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

I really am in dis-belief that Dublin doesn't get any of these shows! Shawn Michaels being announced yesterday coming to the UK. I messaged Eros comedy and the psi events guys and never get replies. I just politely asked them how come Dublin doesn't get a date for the DDP show and the shawn Michaels show. Fair enough we are not in the UK, so there may be some logistical/other complications bringing them to another country or what ever.
    I know from reading comments etc that people are always complaining that their town/city doesn't get a date but lets be honest,how can they skip an english speaking capital city right next door that had the second highest attendance figures for the wwe tour in November in Europe I believe. There is no question these shows would be sell outs in Dublin, so they are leaving money on the table. And like people say if they are already in Belfast, then it should be no problem coming down the road for a Dublin show.
    I wonder is there any promotors/companies in Ireland interested or capable of organizing one of these, or borrow these guys while they are over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Was anyone from here there that night at the foley show? What exactly happened? Must have been pretty bad heckling because I think I remember hearing Foley say in an interview that it was the worst show for him since he started doing comedy.

I wrote this up after the march 2012 show.
    "As ever, Mick is a true gentleman and a charismatic, humble guy; but the show really didn't come together. As others mentioned the low point of the show was the ~5 hecklers who would should out random foley-esque references. Unfortunately Mick isn't an accomplished comedian so he couldn't deal with them very well; he couldn't just power-on through the heckles, ultimately halting his anecdotes (one right before the punchline) to chastise/reason with a heckler, before having to set up his gag again. He'd offer to give them a refund right out of his wallet; he'd talk to them with civility, and it didn't work at all. It went on for far too long and felt like you were back in school, when the teacher was giving out. He did bring it back up (how the night hadn't gone great) and apologised, which was also death."

I wrote up quite a detailed report here, which is too long to quote. As soon as he finished he said he's not coming back and cursed himself while walking off-stage. It was a sour but extremely memorable experience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

a £100 ticket is available for the HBK one and all it gets you is "Gold ticket includes a seat within the first two rows for Q&A. 2 Autographs, 1 photo, 8 x 10 and event program."

that is blatant robbery imo

Never understood that mentality,no ones forcing anyone to pay it.You can get a ticket to the Q+A for £30 if you don't want any of the extras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Bret Hart is on tomorrow in Belfast, did anyone else decide to go? Any questions that anyone might have for him? Been wrecking my head to get that ultimate question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Shawn Michaels is the last person I would pay to ask a question, the man has the memory of a calculator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Shawn Michaels is the last person I would pay to ask a question, the man has the memory of a calculator.

I find when he talks, he ums and ahhs a lot in interviews. And when he's explaining something that he did when he was a pri*k, he keeps saying "you know"

• Advertisement
Advertisement