Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought two Pairs of Boots from Amazon - Want to change one

Options
  • 10-12-2013 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

I've never tried to change something with Amazon before.
    I bought two pairs of boots, without reading :o, stupid i know and they looked different. But it's done now, and i need to change one pair.

These are the pairs i bought
    www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0012XIAGU/
    and
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0011F4Q4O/

They look like different colours, but they are identical (Dark Beige). When they are on and under my jeans, I could be wearing one of each and most people wouldn't notice.

So i want to change one for a different colour.

Do amazon allow to change colour? Or will i have to say it's the wrong size (even though the other one isn't.).
    I doubt i'll (I hope i won't) have much of a problem, i was just wondering if anyone has exchanged an item before?

EDIT - I forgot to mention i also used a '20% off' code to get them.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You'd have to return the item for a refund and purchase the different colour,
    You have 30 days to return the item if its sold or dispatched by Amazon.

See Amazon's return policy http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=orc_hp_s_retpol?ie=UTF8&nodeId=502480#

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

For distance selling over the internet you can change your mind during the cooling off period of seven days. There's a link to the returns policy on those amazon pages. They should exchange it no problem for you. Keep in mind you will have to pay the postage charges so check if it's worth it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Because i used a 20% off code, it's unlikely i'll be able to buy them for the same price. :(

I'll fire them an email and ask. Although the pair i'm thinking of getting are cheaper anyway.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Allyall wrote: »
    Because i used a 20% off code, it's unlikely i'll be able to buy them for the same price. :(

I'll fire them an email and ask. Although the pair i'm thinking of getting are cheaper anyway.

You likely won't be able to use the code again as they are generally one use, however no harm in asking

Cabaal wrote: »
    You likely won't be able to use the code again as they are generally one use, however no harm in asking

Yeah. Now i have to decide, do I want two pairs of boots that look the same, or do i change one pair and lose the discount.. :)

EDIT.
    Looks like I'm stuck with them. I tried to ask about exchanging, and i was greeted with this message after i typed mine
    Why can't I make a replacement?
    We only offer replacements if the return is the result of our error. We also are unable to replace any items sold by other sellers that are Fulfilled by Amazon, because these sellers' inventory is constantly changing. You're welcome to return the item to us for a refund.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    Looks like I'm stuck with them. I tried to ask about exchanging, and i was greeted with this message after i typed mine

You could still return for a refund and place a new order,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Keep in mind you will have to pay the postage charges so check if it's worth it first.

Amazon usually provide a postage paid label when you use their returns centre, all you have to do is get it to the post office.

rovoagho wrote: »
    Amazon usually provide a postage paid label when you use their returns centre, all you have to do is get it to the post office.

True,
    But for a change of mine and inline with their returns policy they can then deduct the postage costs before issuing the refund.

If its a defective item for example then Amazon pay postage costs,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

rovoagho wrote: »

even for Ireland?
    International Returns
    If you return items eligible for Free Returns that were delivered to an address outside of the UK, and the reason for the return is not because of an error on our part and the item is not defective, we will not refund the cost of returning these items. See Delivery Rates for Returned Items.

Crud. So i would be charged for returning them, and i would lose the discount?

They look completely different than the picture, would that be grounds for returning?

Under "Different from what was ordered". Although they did say Dark Beige. But i didn't ay much attention to the colour name. For example, what colour is "Sundance" or what is the difference between, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Tyre, Chocolate Leather Nubuck and Dark Beige (What i got).

My Dark Beige look the exact same as all of the Dark Brown ones, nothing like the brown pair in the picture (not as light).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Cabaal wrote: »
    But for a change of mine and inline with their returns policy they can then deduct the postage costs before issuing the refund.
    even for Ireland?

I've returned 3 items that were in the change of mind / not suitable category in the past few months, with absolutely no problems. One in particular was a triple monitor display, huge thing, weighed a ton, wasn't suitable for me but wasn't defective. Postage paid. Must've cost them a fortune both ways.

Perhaps it's just because I spend a lot with them, or they just generally think I'm fab. :)

Advertisement