Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanting to move to oz...

Options
  • 10-12-2013 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there am hoping someone cud help me out here,am looking to move my family to oz I'm 31 hubby is 34 and have 2 daughters one in secondary one in primary,hubby has no qualifications but is willing to do anything,have to start from scratch not sure of what all needs done want to get started as I've heard it can be a long process.. All advice appreciated..x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Do you have any qualifications?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Without qualifications I would not see a likelihood of qualifying for a work visa. The younger generation go on the holiday work visa, which is open to people under 31 without dependent children and is valid for a year. You sound like you want to move permanently which requires applying for a skilled worker or employer sponsored visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Irishcassie

Batgurl wrote: »
    Do you have any qualifications?

Am working in special needs hubby has been doing painting for about 6 yrs but no papers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Am working in special needs hubby has been doing painting for about 6 yrs but no papers!!

Do you have a qualification for special needs? Level 7 or above?

• Advertisement

Yes I would need to get sponsorship visa so were is the best place to do so r how do I go about it?

I've no paperwork I basically worked in a special needs school in the office as a helper and was offered a job as sna....

Without qualifications for either of you, your chances of getting a sponsorship visa are slim to zero.

You would need a job offer from an employer willing to sponsor your family ( which at 4 people would cost $10k+).

Australia is bloody expensive for foreign families with kids and as a painter and SNA, you are not likely to be bringing in the big bucks that the FIFO people do so you would probably struggle to afford it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I wold say you have a serious struggle ahead to be honest.

Friend of mine has just gone to Australia permanently with his wife and two kids. Same age group as yourself.

He is a skilled engineer, with a college degree and he had some major hoops to get through and took him about 2 years in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

My brother and a mate both got sponsorship as painters and both don't have qualifications.

Maybe look for other Irish painters and see if there are Irish people looking to employ Irish people in Australia.

Once one of you gets sponsored, the other would be ok via a de facto visa.

If you are willing to keep at it, you can have success BUT, it is very tough and perhaps for a few months or longer you might feel like Australia was a bad idea.

Suss it out on sites like gumtree and if you're really serious come out on a holiday visa for a few months.

If you have no joy, write if off.....If you can afford it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

If you are serious about coming over I would not rely on the responses of strangers on an internet forum.

If you are serious you would click on google and search for the term Migration Agent Australia, find someone local to you in Ireland and let them assess your suitability from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

There is a points based system to see if you qualify for a visa. First step would be to fill that out and see if you qualify. There is a questionnaire to see what visa suits you and what you might be able to apply for.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/Find-a-visa.aspx

Speak to a migration agent too. See what they say, explore all the options that are open to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

Diddler82 wrote: »
    If you are serious about coming over I would not rely on the responses of strangers on an internet forum.

If you are serious you would click on google and search for the term Migration Agent Australia, find someone local to you in Ireland and let them assess your suitability from there.

I wouldn't take that advice....I mean you're a total stranger on an internet forum :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Diddler82 wrote: »

sin_city wrote: »
    I wouldn't take that advice....I mean you're a total stranger on an internet forum :eek:

apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

as alluded to above, you don't appear to meet some of the standard criteria for a sponsored or a PR visa. take my advise as a stranger and find a good immigration agent and see what they can do for you. you have some options but i don't think any will be easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

Batgurl wrote: »

You would need a job offer from an employer willing to sponsor your family ( which at 4 people would cost $10k+).

$10k+ for a 457, i would assume this is through an agent?

........and a rip-off agent at that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

for a 457 visa

Primary VAC $1035
    Secondary VAC $1035
    2x Kids VAC @ $260 each

= $2590

Agent fees $2500-$3000*

SBS Sponsorship fee $420*
    Nomination fee $330*

*should be paid by Sponsor

Advertisement