Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Liverpool 15th December

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

No,he benched him because he wasn't scoring,obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

its gotta be soldado to start. Leave defoe as an impact sub to come on in the 75th minute and get one when soldado's already scored his second hat trick in a week. ;) We are playing a pretty poor team who were handed an unbelievably easy start to the league......................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great opportunity to get 3pts at home and put us right back in the mix, won't be happy with less than a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Win and we're only 5pts off 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Bit of goal difference back on Arsenal. Funny stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

irishmover wrote: »
    Bit of goal difference back on Arsenal. Funny stuff.

this season is crazily brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Just heard Soldado's wife had a miscarriage. Shocking stuff...

irishmover wrote: »
    Just heard Soldado's wife had a miscarriage. Shocking stuff...

That was a few weeks ago, when he wasn't scoring goals. Makes sense now

That was a few weeks ago, when he wasn't scoring goals. Makes sense now

I did think I heard something about that a while ago but twitter went crazy a couple hours ago and seen articles pop up on google so thought it just happened!

Actually reading some more about it, he's only revealed it today. It happened two weeks ago but only made it public today from everything I'm reading!

• Advertisement

Flying to Fiji tomorrow. Up at 05.30am. Game is on 02.00am for me so unfortunately will be sitting this one out.... Although will most likely be waking up the middle of the night to check to score. Will be a nail biter I'm sure..

3 points would be fantastic. Maybe me not watching the game will be a good omen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

This will be a close game. Hopefully our midfield can prevent Saurez getting too much posession today. He is in brilliant form.

Cant see Rose Starting today but it will be good to have him on the bench if needed.

For me it has to be Soldado starting and if that doesn't work, well then Defoe to come on.

I reckon 2-1 to us or 2-2. I know we all want to win this given our position and Pool but I think a draw would be respectable and acceptable.

I am hoping our recent improvement continues and Soldado's recent hat-trick gives him the confidence to score and get us the three points. Would also happily take three points from a silly Pool own goal.

Hope Hugo is at his best today and our Romanian is fit to start.

As our recent form against Liverpool is favourable I hope to be repeating my usual tradition of singing "you'l never walk alone" to my "Pool fan" son after collecting all three points.

I'm worried he will play Dawson, he gets caught out too often

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

hope suarez is in his poor away form mode today. for all Dawsons guts and thunder,pace is not his friend unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I'm worried he will play Dawson, he gets caught out too often

I think Dawson playing is a guarantee considering our injury problems.

Sorry but a win is a must for me and will be not happy with anything less, if we are to be serious top 4 contenders we need to be beating our rivals at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Team v Liverpool - Lloris; Walker, Capoue, Dawson, Naughton; Paulinho, Sandro; Lennon, Dembele, Chadli; Soldado

Our subs v Liverpool - Friedel, Fryers, Holtby, Lamela, Townsend, Sigurdsson, Defoe

Rose obviously not fit and Soldado given the nod after his hat-trick. 2 players out of 4 in the back not playing in their favoured positions - let's hope Dawson and Capoue are up to the challenge.

Lloris
    Walker - Dawson - Capoue - Naughton
    Sandro - Paulinho ----
    Lennon -- Dembele -- Chadli
    Soldado ----

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

daws:o this will not end well:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Really unfortunate about Rose. Naughton should do a job though.

Starting XI : Mignolet, Flanagan, Sakho, Skrtel, Johnson, Allen, Lucas, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez.

Surely our midfield should come out on top?

• Advertisement

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Starting XI : Mignolet, Flanagan, Sakho, Skrtel, Johnson, Allen, Lucas, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez.

Surely our midfield should come out on top?

Yes, it's all down to how we handle Coutinho and Suarez.

Yes, it's all down to how we handle Coutinho and Suarez.

Well once Dawson stays on his feet, please god no rash challenges. Suarez free kicks are devastating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

After seeing those line-ups I have to say I fancy our chances.

No Eriksen?

And again Paulinho skies it way over the goal - what is it with him and shooting!?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Ah jayses paulinho! To be fair he does always seem to pop up in the right place, must come right at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

naughton:o

Chadli playing well, back to cover and then quick on the break

davycc wrote: »

That's 2 fouls against Sterling already - he needs to be very careful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

davycc wrote: »