Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Liverpool 15th December

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I'm tuning out in favour of music and beer for the rest of the night. Life is too short to beat ourselves up after a day like this. Maybe its a cop out but it is the most pleasant way of dealing with these situations imo.

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Don't think he'll be sacked.
    ****e performance in addition to a pro Liverpool ref.
    Same points as this stage last year is the positive but there is a massive gulf in class between us and everyone ahead of us.
    Don't forget we had a make shift defence

Yeah but surely we could have managed a shot on target?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Great way to start my holiday in Fiji. Thank god I didn't stay up and watch it, although I been awake since the final whistle went as I had woke up to check the score...

Disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

gar wrote: »
    Same points as this stage last year is the positive but there is a massive gulf in class between us and everyone ahead of us.

Lots of twitter talk saying he's gone. Might be all bull**** though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

gar wrote: »

Yeah was the ref that cost ye. LOL doesn't do that comment justice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

poolboy wrote: »
    Yeah was the ref that cost ye. LOL doesn't do that comment justice

That's not what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

SuprSi wrote: »
    That's not what he said.

Ye were destroyed the ref was about as much responsible for that as I was sitting at home watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

That's not what he said.

He mentioned a pro liverpool ref as if it was a defence. Did not see the ref as pro liverpool myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

poolboy wrote: »
    Ye were destroyed the ref was about as much responsible for that as I was sitting at home watching it

What he said was it was a ****e performance in addition to a pro-Liverpool ref, probably in relation to the perhaps debatable sending off (which I think was a red). IMO at that point the game was over anyway and sending off or not Liverpool were going to win, all this did was make sure there were more than 2 goals in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

ok just back from the pub where I was drinking with 2 pool fans. sorry lads but that was shocking from the 1st minute we didn't look interested even the pool fans were scratching their heads they couldn't believe it.
    I cant see how were gonna improve we were never embaressed like this under harry right I know he had his lmitations but 6-0 against city away with 5-0 against pool at HOME (lets not forget no gerrard and no sturidge in all honesty they are ****!) avb has to go. sorry but he has to.

by the way I don't think we should sack avb, Theres no chance of us getting relegated! We'll be stronger next year once we spend more than 4.5 million net!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

tom1ie wrote: »
    by the way I don't think we should sack avb, Theres no chance of us getting relegated! We'll be stronger next year once we spend more than 4.5 million net!
    agree with everything u said except that in bold!!!

keane=cock wrote: »
    agree with everything u said except that in bold!!!
    but that's all we spent!

but that's all we spent!
    are u serious? are u actually serious? so the 100 mill we spent means nothing cos we sold 90 mill worth of players? nothing?

are u serious? are u actually serious? so the 100 mill we spent means nothing cos we sold 90 mill worth of players? nothing?
    I SAID NET. so therefore im right sorry pal but if you buy 100 million worth and sell 95 million worth that means your net spend is 5 million

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

The negativity in this thread is awe-inspiring. People talking about being ashamed to be spurs fans. Im ashamed to support a club where the fans are so fickle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

What he said was it was a ****e performance in addition to a pro-Liverpool ref, probably in relation to the perhaps debatable sending off (which I think was a red). IMO at that point the game was over anyway and sending off or not Liverpool were going to win, all this did was make sure there were more than 2 goals in it.

From what I saw
    1. Spurs were very poor
    2. Didn't seem to get any decisions ie soldados goal yet he didn't get a free when the same thing happened him later in the game.
    3. Noughton, Dawson and fryers were/are not good enough.
    4. Just didn't happen in midfield.
    5. Paulinos red was borderline but not surprised.No malice but a foot that high yyou can't argue

I SAID NET. so therefore im right sorry pal but if you buy 100 million worth and sell 95 million worth that means your net spend is 5 million
    i know what u said thats why im asking are u serious. regardless of what we sold we still spent 100 mill!

i know what u said thats why im asking are u serious. regardless of what we sold we still spent 100 mill!
    .........................yes and sold 85 millions worth or whatever it was the point is the money that was spent was not good enough. our most expensive player stayed on the bench. He's obviously not avb's player so if that's the case what the **** is going on?

• Advertisement

personally i think something isnt right. granted players need time to gel but even still that performance by proffessional players is unacceptable. i like avb but he has his back up against the wall now. a lot of people calling for his head after city. citys squad is worth hundreds of millions i cant say the same about that liverpool team.

i dont know who is to blame and avb has came out and taken blame for today but sorry them players need to take their fair share of the blame too.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

SeaDaily wrote: »
    The negativity in this thread is awe-inspiring. People talking about being ashamed to be spurs fans. Im ashamed to support a club where the fans are so fickle.

Yeah very fickle..we've been playing super football for well over 12 months now. Scoring loads of goals, real entertainment..its just 1 bad game and we'v all gone mad

.........................yes and sold 85 millions worth or whatever it was the point is the money that was spent was not good enough. our most expensive player stayed on the bench. He's obviously not avb's player so if that's the case what the **** is going on?

we sold 1 player who was a starting 11 player. avb has already came out and said lamella is only showing a fraction of his potential and is struggling with the physical side of the english game. granted maybe a lot of the players are not avbs choise as im led to believe baldini signed most of them but if thats the case then surely the blame lies with levy no? he cat have a man sign a player his manager doesnt want or need?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

oppiuy wrote: »
    Yeah very fickle..we've been playing super football for well over 12 months now. Scoring loads of goals, real entertainment..its just 1 bad game and we'v all gone mad

It doesn't matter how long we play bad football for a spurs fan should be a spurs fan for life and the level of vitriol aimed at every aspect of our club is shameful.

we sold 1 player who was a starting 11 player. avb has already came out and said lamella is only showing a fraction of his potential and is struggling with the physical side of the english game. granted maybe a lot of the players are not avbs choise as im led to believe baldini signed most of them but if thats the case then surely the blame lies with levy no? he cat have a man sign a player his manager doesnt want or need?
    so the problem is higher up than avb himself. I am not a die hard harry fan but obviously harry had total control over ins and outs. Avb does not seem to. Therefore there is a leadership issue. If his is the case it will feed down to the players. In contrast Brendan Rodgers signs who he wants in his team. End of story. So are we calling for Baldini's head. Avb's head or more of the status quo?

so the problem is higher up than avb himself. I am not a die hard harry fan but obviously harry had total control over ins and outs. Avb does not seem to. Therefore there is a leadership issue. If his is the case it will feed down to the players. In contrast Brendan Rodgers signs who he wants in his team. End of story. So are we calling for Baldini's head. Avb's head or more of the status quo?

only levy knows the answers to that. maybe avb gives baldini the nod maybe not im not sure but i personally dont want avb sacked. we have doen that for years and it hasnt really gotten us anywhere. jol had us 5th and how many years ago was that? how many managers since? we still are not a dead cert to be top 4any season so have we really progressed by sacking managers? no point avb getting 100 mill and not been given a chance. sack him and a new manager comes in and doesnt like the players?? what then?

only levy knows the answers to that. maybe avb gives baldini the nod maybe not im not sure but i personally dont want avb sacked. we have doen that for years and it hasnt really gotten us anywhere. jol had us 5th and how many years ago was that? how many managers since? we still are not a dead cert to be top 4any season so have we really progressed by sacking managers? no point avb getting 100 mill and not been given a chance. sack him and a new manager comes in and doesnt like the players?? what then?
    funny how you picked out jol and not harry who has been our most succesfull manager in recent times but anyway I don't want avb sacked either but it appears he is not getting much of a rection from what is a team full of internationals

funny how you picked out jol and not harry who has been our most succesfull manager in recent times but anyway I don't want avb sacked either but it appears he is not getting much of a rection from what is a team full of internationals
    i picked out jol because he took us to 5th BEFORE harry and my point was how many managers have we had since that could not consistantly keep us in top 4? changing manager is not the solution

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

we're a shambles
    14-0 against West Ham, Man City and Liverpool
    No excuses acceptable
    New manager required

• Advertisement

i picked out jol because he took us to 5th BEFORE harry and my point was how many managers have we had since that could not consistantly keep us in top 4? changing manager is not the solution
    I agree with ya we have a history of managers doing well and getting sacked jol harry etc. Maybe avb is playing the percentages and making sure we do ****................... im joking by the way!:D

Advertisement