Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Order

Options
  • 10-12-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

So I ordered a few items online. All were meant to arrive together but only 4 of the 5 made it.

I contacted the seller and they said they would provide a refund for the missing item.

The problem is, because the order was large I had free postage. If I reorder the missing item then I will have to pay postage and it will cost me more than the refund.

Is it my choice whether I get a refund or the actual item?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

I can see your problem and the seller is cutting his loses by providing a refund but there's nothing to stop him providing a refund even if it leaves you with 4 items you can't use without the 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭underpants

right so the repair, replace, refund is the choice of the seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Just my suspicious mind but that sounds a bit suspect to me. At the end of the day you are paying for the 'free postage'. Maybe you wouldn't have bought any of the items if you had to pay for postage in the first place. What happened the missing item. Was it posted at all. If it wasn't then I wouldn't be paying for it to be posted now.
    Correct me if I'm looking at this wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

emeldc wrote: »
    Just my suspicious mind but that sounds a bit suspect to me. At the end of the day you are paying for the 'free postage'. Maybe you wouldn't have bought any of the items if you had to pay for postage in the first place. What happened the missing item. Was it posted at all. If it wasn't then I wouldn't be paying for it to be posted now.
    Correct me if I'm looking at this wrong.

You and me too but there isn't anything the OP can do once the seller has offered a refund.

Advertisement