Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas trees

Options
  • 10-12-2013 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

We've found ourselves in a very tight bind this Xmas due to medical expense so we've had to knock gifts on the head to leave us room for bills.
    However it's put us in a position where our box of Xmas tree decorations is null and void due to not being able to afford a tree. Xmas being curtailed was pretty rough but the lack of tree is really depressing so I'm hoping that you guys can help me source one cheaply? Hoping to surprise her and have it up when she comes in from work some night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Where you based?
    Real or artificial?
    Maybe a charity shop if you're ok with artificial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

frash wrote: »
    Where you based?
    Real or artificial?
    Maybe a charity shop if you're ok with artificial.

Dublin, not far from the city. Never even thought about charity shops didn't think they'd have any but I'll set about heading around after work
    I don't mind what size or type or anything just something to switch the lights on in the evening time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Have you kids?
    Would you consider approaching SVDP? - They are good for helping out in situations like yours.

Have you kids?
    Would you consider approaching SVDP? - They are good for helping out in situations like yours.

No we don't have kids, It's purely just so we have some kind of festive cheer as literally everything else to do with Xmas has been pushed to the side, presents cards etc.

Svdp are a fantastic organisation but they have much better places and families to be helping this year. Usually it's me buying a little boy and girl and their parents presents in the annual appeal.

I Tried a few charity shops earlier and one did have a tree but tbh it was a little too far of a stretch pocket wise.
    Im thinking I'll take out the lights and light up the picture frames and stuff. But if anybody does find a bargain let me know coz I'll keep looking right up to Xmas eve

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Hey folks,

We've found ourselves in a very tight bind this Xmas due to medical expense so we've had to knock gifts on the head to leave us room for bills.
    However it's put us in a position where our box of Xmas tree decorations is null and void due to not being able to afford a tree. Xmas being curtailed was pretty rough but the lack of tree is really depressing so I'm hoping that you guys can help me source one cheaply? Hoping to surprise her and have it up when she comes in from work some night.

Hi

Myself and the other half have a 6 foot artificial tree that we dont need anymore if you want it for free. Its 3 years old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Someone mentioned earlier today I think that penneys have cheap artificial ones

muckyhands wrote: »
    Hi

Myself and the other half have a 6 foot artificial tree that we dont need anymore if you want it for free. Its 3 years old.

Hey wow thanks! Where are you based?

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Hey wow thanks! Where are you based?

North county dublin, sending pm

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

muckyhands wrote: »
    Hi

That is so nice of you, true spirit of Christmas.Hope you have a good one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

If the free offer doesn't work out then...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057102302

• Advertisement

Fiolina wrote: »
    That is so nice of you, true spirit of Christmas.Hope you have a good one :)

Thank you and I hope you have a very merry Christmas too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

I seen some fake ones for 25 quid in tescos, I think they are 7 foot bit not positive

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

Adverts.ie!

Advertisement