Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple 12 days of christmas 2013 app

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

hoodwinked wrote: »
    today is Pictures of Lily by paige toon in the irish one

in the american one its Diary of a wimpy kid (book 1) by Jeff Kinney,

i read page 1 of both, i'm currently on page 123 of wimpy kid, its so funny. :)

I actually enjoy the movies too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Pretty silly forcing you to go to IOS7 for the 12 days app, when none of the free apps themselves need it (I upgraded my old iPhone4 to IOS7, so I use it to download the free app/book/music and the other devices in the house just pick it up automatically). Pretty meh so far with the exception of Tiny Thief (not complaining about free stuff, mind - you get what you (don't) pay for)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

This is so lame this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

patmac wrote: »

People say it every year.

Been a selection of games, books, music and films so far and I don't know what more people are expecting.

It's free and funny thing is if Apple had never ever done this then no one would have said a word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Google's offering is so much better... oh, wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Actually I think it has been the best year for stuff from this promotion. Still hard to please everyone.

Armonline wrote: »
    Actually I think it has been the best year for stuff from this promotion. Still hard to please everyone.
    If your 6 and female then its better the 2 books are chick lit, the little thief game is ok, Justin Timberlake meh, Home Alone is on TV 2 or 3 times this year already, the Rayman game is free anyway. As Apple make €10 billion, trillion dollars a year if they are giving away free stuff as a marketing exercise they could make it half decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Why? iOS 7 is available on iPhone 4/iPad 2 and above. Apple don't sell any devices lower than that.

I have an iPad 1 which I believe Apple sold me. Your comment doesn't make any sense. You can't upgrade beyond 5.1.1 with iPad 1. Overall Apple are saying it only affects 20% of owners. But when you sell tens of millions of devices 20% is a big big number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If your 6 and female then its better the 2 books are chick lit, the little thief game is ok, Justin Timberlake meh, Home Alone is on TV 2 or 3 times this year already, the Rayman game is free anyway. As Apple make €10 billion, trillion dollars a year if they are giving away free stuff as a marketing exercise they could make it half decent.

Home Alone is on TV three times already this year (Wow in 3 days) does not mean you own the movie or can play on an Apple device.

Like saying that the songs that they charge for are also on the radio.

Really, they're giving away free stuff and it's not all made to appeal to your tastes.

Chick lit reading Justin Timberlake fans would probably not like the stuff you want!

Tom O'Dell EP today they are certainly targeting a younger female demographic this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    I have an iPad 1 which I believe Apple sold me. Your comment doesn't make any sense. You can't upgrade beyond 5.1.1 with iPad 1. Overall Apple are saying it only affects 20% of owners. But when you sell tens of millions of devices 20% is a big big number.
    Apple don't sell devices anymore that aren't capable of running iOS 7. Times move on in tech so fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

As a general rule for myself, it's a good idea to avoid first releases of a new iOS device. The iPad 2 is really what the first iPad should have been, which lacked front and rear cameras.

Anyway, the free app for today is Mr. Crab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Day 12 is out and is some Live Rolling Stones tracks

Advertisement