Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelchair tennis

Options
  • 10-12-2013 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I have taken up wheelchair tennis. It's really good. Has anybody else?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rinaric15

Has Anyone Watched Wheelchair Tennis Before?
    And if so, what is it like, is it entertaining?
    I think tennis nuts like us should support it. I'd love to see a match, but sadly I don't think there are any big tournaments in Canada.

Isn't there a woman who hasn't lost since 2001 or something?
    Any stories would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Seanokelly123

I have watched it. It's good to watch. I have watched it on YouTube. Here is the link

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqgXFPkcmiM

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

Rinaric....I think her name is Esther Vergeer....(something like that anyway) She is Dutch as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

And Sean....if you have found a sport that you love, keep it up. I'm a bit worried about my lack of exercise now that I'm at the age where most people go for a walk to keep fit. I can walk but I certainly don't do it for pleasure! Used to play wheelchair basketball (Brilliant game) but gave it up as I got older and very sorry now.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Seanokelly123

Maryanne40 wrote: »
    And Sean....if you have found a sport that you love, keep it up. I'm a bit worried about my lack of exercise now that I'm at the age where most people go for a walk to keep fit. I can walk but I certainly don't do it for pleasure! Used to play wheelchair basketball (Brilliant game) but gave it up as I got older and very sorry now.

I agree Maryanne40

• Advertisement
Advertisement