Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Cool I'll try jump on it and Teamspeak tomorrow or at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Right quiet so far in work so got to thinking of our security problem to try to keep stuff safe. To achieve it there are two ways, hidden and walls. Walls obviously can be c4'd and hidden leads to usually being found. So why not combine the two.

What i suggest in the short term:
    Basically what we need is a safe. A 2x2 metal house with each compartment closed off which leaves us with a safe of 4rooms each of 1 square. They breach one room they only get one quarter of the stuff with more metal walls to the next. Part two would be to surround it with a wood building of one square to make it look like a standard beginner building.

In the long term you can expand that to include a barracks in metal for a spawn point and a wooden 'bell tower' for overwatch.

The first would secure high value stuff for minimal cost and second would also secure the spawn points and provide overwatch.

The point in hiding metal behind wood is to camouflage the value of what's in side and still take a lot of firepower to breach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Must stop dying....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

my first time on youtube :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Lintoh my internet crashed. :-(

There was a server malfunction this morning. Two hours work on the new metal base was lost. I had it up to the third story. Oh well. I'm not sure where my body dropped when my net died but i should have been inside the metal base. If im not can someone kill me and stick my stuff in one of my crates upstairs please.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

yeah I noticed that you dropped and found your body inside metal base with all the doors closed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Didn't get raided :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

That stupid f*cking server provider they have. You'd think it would be a bit more reliable being 1 of the official Rust server providers Playrust.eu

This Rust really has me wrecked in the mornings lately. That snooze button got hit about 10 times this morning at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lintoh wrote: »
    my first time on youtube :)

My first time on YouTube killing a man! :pac:

• Advertisement

So what time are we gathering up again? I think I will have a few things to do, then drop off misses in to train station at around 20:00. She is off for 10 days to Austria so I am on my own playing rust! :pac:

Good to hear our house is not raided. Looks like russians and dutch are not stacked with C4 as we thought :). We will tonight though! :pac:

Whenever I jump onto Teamspeak I'll probably be asking you all a bunch of n00b questions. I apologies in advance :pac:

Dunno if I can get a game in of it for the next few days but definitely looking forward to it.

Cravez wrote: »
    Whenever I jump onto Teamspeak I'll probably be asking you all a bunch of n00b questions. I apologies in advance :pac:

Dunno if I can get a game in of it for the next few days but definitely looking forward to it.

Well, knowing the range of people we got already: just be ready for some penis jokes, taking a piss, good laugh, accidental shots in a face, because you were mistaken for a zombie :pac: and you be grand.

I think the guy named 'God' on the German server should do stuff like this: :D

"My friend likes to give our neighbor items in an elaborate way"-

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Just bought this on ebay, hopefully get playing it tonight at some stage. Is there a boards server or anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Magill wrote: »
    Just bought this on ebay, hopefully get playing it tonight at some stage. Is there a boards server or anything ?

We're all on a German server.
    Here's the ip address: Net.connect 84.200.193.115:28000

Just hit F1 at the start screen and put the above in.

Magill wrote: »

You bought it on e-Bay, how much was it on there? When I checked I could only find it on Steam itself, not even on any games websites that would normally have steam codes for cheaper.

There's no Boards server as such but we're all on the one server which can be found HERE

When you launch the game press F1 to bring up the command console and enter:
    net.connect 84.200.193.115:28000 to join the server we're on.

Then join Gaellords TeamSpeak and we're usually in Private Channel 1 which can be found [URL="ts3server://78.46.47.195?port=9987"]HERE[/URL]

HERE is a map which you can use to find us. We have our base set up in Ecko Valley at the South of the map. When you spawn in, find the road, it should be nearby, there's only one. Keep following that until you come across 2 large fuel tanks reddish in colour. That's 'TANKS' on the map. Our base is just South from them.

DaLad wrote: »
    You bought it on e-Bay, how much was it on there? When I checked I could only find it on Steam itself, not even on any games websites that would normally have steam codes for cheaper.

Bought mine on Kinguin for €14

Cravez wrote: »
    Bought mine on Kinguin for €14

No way, I must have been half asleep when I looked for it. Ah well still €18.99 well spent, 55hrs+ on it already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeah got mine for £10.50. I'll jump on ts later.

• Advertisement

hoping on now!
    going in naked so keep an eye out for me!

So this morning/last night me and the Gaunt took a stroll down to the dutch guys house with some explosives. This was during Gaunty's chatting session with Vegard a Norwegian who we had a few runs ins with over the past few days. We get to the house anyhow and blew off the wall, Gaunty jumps in and goes crazy, there was 2 sleepers with 3 large wooden storage boxes full of weapons etc.

Next minute Gaunty lags out due to High ping, and what happened only I heard someone walking around outside(At this hour was only 5/6 online)
    I says get back in here quick there is someone outside and Gaunty logs back in and goes is that you "Vegard" and in a really "rusty" accent he goes ya. After much deliberation we realised he was alone with no weapons and jsut bored running around naked, so we gathered all the Kev and weapons and said anything left he could have. We jumped out of the house and Ganuty gave leather armor to him and we headed back towards the house with all our loot.

At this stage Gaunty was still chatting to him about the server etc and decided to head back over to him and give him full Kevlar because he is a charitable bastard.

Forward on 10 minutes and we could see Vegard in the chat going crazy at some swedish lad cause he had shot him and took the full Kevlar. And thats the story how we found a load of loot and started a war between the Norwegians and Swedish on our server.

Nolars wrote: »
    So this morning/last night me and the Gaunt took a stroll down to the dutch guys house with some explosives. This was during Gaunty's chatting session with Vegard a Norwegian who we had a few runs ins with over the past few days. We get to the house anyhow and blew off the wall, Gaunty jumps in and goes crazy, there was 2 sleepers with 3 large wooden storage boxes full of weapons etc.

Next minute Gaunty lags out due to High ping, and what happened only I heard someone walking around outside(At this hour was only 5/6 online)
    I says get back in here quick there is someone outside and Gaunty logs back in and goes is that you "Vegard" and in a really "rusty" accent he goes ya. After much deliberation we realised he was alone with no weapons and jsut bored running around naked, so we gathered all the Kev and weapons and said anything left he could have. We jumped out of the house and Ganuty gave leather armor to him and we headed back towards the house with all our loot.

At this stage Gaunty was still chatting to him about the server etc and decided to head back over to him and give him full Kevlar because he is a charitable bastard.

Forward on 10 minutes and we could see Vegard in the chat going crazy at some swedish lad cause he had shot him and took the full Kevlar. And thats the story how we found a load of loot and started a war between the Norwegians and Swedish on our server.

Gave full Kevlar when his own people dont have full kevlar yet? He is in for a cap in his knee! :pac:

I nearly spat out my ****ing coffee laughing at that hahaha

DU77NkT.jpg

jigsaw.jpg

lads could someone PM me the code for the gaff?
    Im struggling!

urbanledge wrote: »
    lads could someone PM me the code for the gaff?
    Im struggling!

Go on Gaellords Teamspeak and join DayZ SA room 2 or something, all pvt channels are full at moment and I will jump in game too.

DaLad wrote: »
    Go on Gaellords Teamspeak and join DayZ SA room 2 or something, all pvt channels are full at moment and I will jump in game too.

Ill be on later too. I expect some russian blood tonight!

Ill be on later too. I expect some russian blood tonight!

Those guys who wer speaking weren't Russian at all they are the Norwegians pretending to be russian.

• Advertisement

Those guys who wer speaking weren't Russian at all they are the Norwegians pretending to be russian.

Some of them were speaking in 100% russian. so there are some russians out there too.

Advertisement