Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nolars wrote: »
    Stupid crap server was reset back again all my wall is gone.

Dude, it was reset about 3 times while we were on since 14:00... They did restart when we were on last and it became a lot better. no stupid desync shiet.
    I think you better hold off with that wall for now as we might do a bit differently this time around. Having your main base as a fighting spot is actually a lot more safe. I spawned in our wooden house and I could piss on those two INS guys from all positions, because wooden house had windows randomly everywhere and a good platform on roof.
    I wonder if we better off getting 3 floors as bedrooms and 4th floore as pure window shooting nest. Then get those spikes all over metal house like we did with wooden one. It works like a charm for our wooden house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Dude, it was reset about 3 times while we were on since 14:00... They did restart when we were on last and it became a lot better. no stupid desync shiet.
    I think you better hold off with that wall for now as we might do a bit differently this time around. Having your main base as a fighting spot is actually a lot more safe. I spawned in our wooden house and I could piss on those two INS guys from all positions, because wooden house had windows randomly everywhere and a good platform on roof.
    I wonder if we better off getting 3 floors as bedrooms and 4th floore as pure window shooting nest. Then get those spikes all over metal house like we did with wooden one. It works like a charm for our wooden house.

Yea because I built the wooden house. Gaunty has us enclosed in that metal house we will all go mad with the metal scraping and no light.

Yea because I built the wooden house. Gaunty has us enclosed in that metal house we will all go mad with the metal scraping and no light.

Well, metal house is very damn secure. Its great, but problem it has in current state - we are in a Tin can with only one exit in and out. No way to fight back. 4th floor with **** loads of windows where we can pop out and shoot. If we die - we die inside the building so gear is not lost.
    If we got a wooden spikes again - we keep them at range.

Went on for a bit server down again no point doing anything till they sort it out

Went on for a bit server down again no point doing anything till they sort it out

Roll back again?!

• Advertisement

Roll back again?!

If it rolls back anymore at this stage we will have to start the metal house again!

If it rolls back anymore at this stage we will have to start the metal house again!

I LOVE this game, I love our server, I love our scumbag neighbours, I love the spirit of the server, but I ****ING hate its Stability issues lately. Admin said something about looking for better provider now too. Hopefully we wont need to jump again and look for another server.

I LOVE this game, I love our server, I love our scumbag neighbours, I love the spirit of the server, but I ****ING hate its Stability issues lately. Admin said something about looking for better provider now too. Hopefully we wont need to jump again and look for another server.

Yea true I've seen better stability in a prostitutes relationship.

Lads do you mind if two more join the boards crew?
    Two more local lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

urbanledge wrote: »
    Lads do you mind if two more join the boards crew?
    Two more local lads :)

Yeah join away.
    But you'll need to do the initiation first.

You must kill a Bear with only a Rock!!

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Yeah join away.
    But you'll need to do the initiation first.

You must kill a Bear with only a Rock!!

And do a lap on road balls naked in a middle of the night with only torch lit up.

Sound.
    should be on later,!

Anyone on at the moment?

Anyone on at the moment?

I am not m8. Server is all over the place. Going down almost every single hours like on clock. Annoying as ****. then it became laggy too. :(

I think its better to wait a bit and see will it get better. Getting sick of collecting Metal then Server crash and all effort worth ****.

Ok cool :)

Ok cool :)

That does not mean: dont go in to server lol. Its still our home, but I just want to wait and see whats going on first.

That does not mean: dont go in to server lol. Its still our home, but I just want to wait and see whats going on first.

futuramafry.jpg

futuramafry.jpg

I just did not wanted you to miss understand that we abandoned server or something. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

the server were just wiped in order to fix the issues at hand... well hopefully fix the issues at least

As you can see here we werent the only server with this stability problems.
    Most of the rust server provider now informed their customers that theres a problem with the new patch and old world saves that causes the memory overload that results into server crashes. To fix this issue we needed to fully wipe the server. Its recommended from almost every hoster. Even one hoster forced all their customers to wipe their server.
    You can read the email we got from our provider below:

Hello,

the possible cause for the current memory issues and server lags could’ve been found. The developers told us that a Map Wipe would resolve this issue.
    So, when you’re facing this issue, please try to wipe your map and see if the issues still persist.

Regards,
    PlayRust.EU

Might? Might sounds very dodgy to me. Why other servers had no issues?

What do you reckon lads? We go back to that server or look for new home?

• Advertisement

What do you reckon lads? We go back to that server or look for new home

I'll happily stay on our current server.
    Considering most servers have also been wiped it isn't going to make any sense moving.

Also this server has a lot of addons we like.

I'll happily stay on our current server.
    Considering most servers have also been wiped it isn't going to make any sense moving.

Also this server has a lot of addons we like.

Fair enough, I will pop in tomorrow with my willy out :pac:

Do we set up base in same spot?

Do we set up base in same spot?

No clue..
    We'd be best leaving it to Nolars since he's pretty much the Architect of the group :pac:

We're just the guys who shoot people/break rocks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Well that's a bit disheartening and annoying but what can ya do. I guess we'll just have to lick our wounds and start over! As much as I loved our house, maybe a different location is in order. Like you said Shadow. Them guys over from us have all the resources and Zombies Mutant animals outside their base, maybe we should get there first, before them this time! Whatever you guys decide, I'll be on Sunday evening to join in and start over!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lintoh

I have some basic supplies set up there now close to where we had house, just a shack so far so I don't mind moving

BTW: I added a link to my previous qoute

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

I built a 4 story 3x3 house beside small radtown while we decide where to go. Same layout as the metal house but the top floor is all windows with a 360 view. Some bears and resources spawn outside it and theres loads of resources in the area as well as supplies in the radtown so should be pretty easy to tool up. I think it will be an area of activity too so should be plenty of people to shoot. :)

Edit - Ok, house is full done with the basics. The
    re is metal doors separating each floor, 3 bedrooms on the 2nd floor and 4 on the 3rd floor. All anyone needs is a metal door to claim one of them. Password for all doors on the house is the same as the old one. If more boardsies join it has been left open for multiple more floors to be added. All the windows now have metal bars too so no danger there. If someone could start building high pillars on the foundations adjoining the house that would make it raidproof. Anyway, wrecked tired now but wanted to give you guys a headstart on the other groups who will be starting again tomorrow!

Nice Gaunty one. I should be on later on and settle my are in there. We will need to be quite bold now and look for metal parts blueprints. So we can start fortress again.

How was server performance last night? Still arse or that wipe helped?

Just on now getting set up. Good location. Server seems ok so far. We will see what new adventures this place brings.

Nice one!
    I'll be on later this evening.

• Advertisement

I got up there myself. Got myself a "wee" bedroom and all. :pac:

Restarting server now... Oxide patch came out.... I have a bad feeling...

Advertisement