Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

brianblaze wrote: »
    After 3 hours of listening to me play Rust and use Team Speak, and hearing me randomly saying 'He's to the right of the base... Behind the rocks,... Yeah, he's the naked one... Oh no, are you the naked one?" my missus has decided this game is the most mental thing in the world!

hahaha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

brianblaze wrote: »
    After 3 hours of listening to me play Rust and use Team Speak, and hearing me randomly saying 'He's to the right of the base... Behind the rocks,... Yeah, he's the naked one... Oh no, are you the naked one?" my missus has decided this game is the most mental thing in the world!

Most understanding wife of the year award goes to...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Back from work
    Had my "walking" done.
    Had Shower
    Eating something.

And then I am ready for some rust. Will anyone be on now?

Back from work
    Had my "walking" done.
    Had Shower
    Eating something.

And then I am ready for some rust. Will anyone be on now?

I'll be on Teamspeak shortly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Be on in 10mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bah, my server history got bucked. Whats the IP of that server lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

84.200.193.115:28000

http://www.rustyfied.eu/serverinfo/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Am on my way home from Holland. Hope to make it on tonight but probably tomorrow. Can someone give me the location of the new base? I'll build my new shack nearby. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Am on my way home from Holland. Hope to make it on tonight but probably tomorrow. Can someone give me the location of the new base? I'll build my new shack nearby. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Gaunty wrote: »
    Most understanding wife of the year award goes to...

She'll be a wife officially in 5 months tomorrow oddly enough... I'll make our homestead in Rust... I can buy 2 Occulus Rifts and we can live there!

BKtje wrote: »

Yeah I'll PM you now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

lol @ Bobby

Lads need backup if anyones wanting to get on, loads of people around the area and 1 little **** managed to build a house inside our ring, just a basic square one but no idea how. I found 1 at the door when I came back from adventuring and killed him, spikes are all intact and gates are closed with new codes.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Lads need backup if anyones wanting to get on, loads of people around the area and 1 little **** managed to build a house inside our ring, just a basic square one but no idea how. I found 1 at the door when I came back from adventuring and killed him, spikes are all intact and gates are closed with new codes.

I'll be on later but blow the house apart and put a pillar in middle?

It's alright, it was some troll noob and a hut. we destroyed the hut but he managed to get in 3 times, think he was just jumping over the 3 small spike walls and healing himself, there's now 3 large spike walls in behind them too.

I think that's against the new anti-griefing rules on the server.

Placing ceilings, pillars, doorways or walls inside or on top of enemy houses
    Blocking enemy doors with spikes
    Building "suicide houses" that can only be entered by suiciding

What's the point of a "suicide house" ?

Ponster wrote: »

I thought you were on a different server Ponster or are you on the same as us now?

It wouldn't be considered griefing as he was the one who griefed us, building a hut inside our courtyard.

We destroyed the hut with pickaxes but he had also placed a foundation right against the side of our house, doesn't look too bad actually but further proof that he was the one griefing us. Must put some pillars on it in case.

It wouldn't be considered griefing as he was the one who griefed us, building a hut inside our courtyard.

Not that I'd take the game that serious or anything but I can imagine an admin saying that if he managed to get past your fence and build a hut then that's not really griefing as such.

I joined on Friday as the one I'm on usually has serious Oxide issues.

Not that I'd take the game that serious or anything but I can imagine an admin saying that if he managed to get past your fence and build a hut then that's not really griefing as such.

I joined on Friday as the one I'm on usually has serious Oxide issues.

Doubt the admin wants to lose 6 full time residents over one temporary troll :P

Ah right cool, are you set up in a base? We were just discussing this earlier, be cool if more boardsies joined and set up a separate base and we just treated each other like everyone else. Randomly end up in a war together then. Be fun!

Mr Data and FlyingIrishMan are 2 other boardsies on the server, they in alliance with you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Should be on in a few!

A suicide house has no way to be raided and uses a strategically placed chest to drop loot in that can be reached from the raised house. You then just suicide and go collect your gear. Its considered very cheesy by most though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

Nolars wrote: »
    no Oxide :(

Oxide has just been added,any particular addon's people seem to like?
    This is only a new server but is slowly growing,there's a few Irish on here already.

Cheers

Server Details: 85.236.109.36:29515

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I got skills

Ah right cool, are you set up in a base? We were just discussing this earlier, be cool if more boardsies joined and set up a separate base and we just treated each other like everyone else. Randomly end up in a war together then. Be fun!

There are about 5 of us. All Irish and 4 from Boards so we're on the right track.

We'll be in touch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

For anyone interested in the drama with "Stum" clan, who got our codes for the house and took all our **** while trying to take over the base. We got our revenge tonight.

I had figured out what direction they were based and set out on a scouting mission early, found them working on their base a good 30 minutes later. Did some recon and started to plan the raid.

http://i.imgur.com/8dqIoNb.jpg?1

Anyway we waited until they had went offline and went to scout their base, built a bunch of C4 and spent the next 4 hours blowing down walls, taking their stuff, killing their sleeping bodies and destroying their beds.

Here's the result, lots of external platforms and stairways.... their base while looked impressive... was incredibly easy to infiltrate.

http://i.imgur.com/Bl9rcCs.jpg

Revenge, complete.

Good nights raiding, love this game :D

Magill wrote: »
    For anyone interested in the drama with "Stum" clan, who got our codes for the house...

nice post :)

Any idea how they got the codes ? Luck ?

For anyone interested in the drama with "Stum" clan, who got our codes for the house and took all our **** while trying to take over the base. We got our revenge tonight.

I had figured out what direction they were based and set out on a scouting mission early, found them working on their base a good 30 minutes later. Did some recon and started to plan the raid.

Anyway we waited until they had went offline and went to scout their base, built a bunch of C4 and spent the next 4 hours blowing down walls, taking their stuff, killing their sleeping bodies and destroying their beds.

Here's the result, lots of external platforms and stairways.... their base while looked impressive... was incredibly easy to infiltrate.

http://i.imgur.com/Bl9rcCs.jpg

Revenge, complete.

Hoo ****ing ah!!! :D

r.com/Bl9rcCs.jpg"]http://i.imgur.com/Bl9rcCs.jpg[/URL]

Revenge, complete.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0MyA4dP6caQeo0J5p949LDGogFH1qejYm-dbCl2jtmERdn8zg

well+i+love+this+post.+and+because+you+cannot+thumb+_b64790973e2a715394e00e995d6fcc89.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

nice post :)

Any idea how they got the codes ? Luck ?

Not sure, either they were close to our base and someone said them over voice chat or as they said ingame at the time, one of our team gave them to them.

Advertisement